Login

Other Sensitives out there?

More
28 Nov 2011 05:19 #31 by Karmastrophic
I know what you mean. I hold no judgement against others who make it a paid endeavor, I just don't feel I could feel right about asking someone to pay me.

I am a nurse as well, but worked mainly psych. I think being an empath has served me very well in this field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kimber Chase
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Nov 2011 05:15 #32 by Kimber Chase
Replied by Kimber Chase on topic Re: Other Sensitives out there?
Karma, I think it also greatly depends on how, when, and where you use your gifts. For example I do NOT seek out people or spirits they seek ME out so I never know what's going to come poppin' thru my head....especially at work and when I am dealing with a death experience so obviously I'm not going to whoop out my pay pal machine in the ER LOL. Others who choose to make it a career well that is different. I choose to make it a part of my life not a career. Choices we all make ya know.

More
28 Nov 2011 05:08 #33 by Karmastrophic
I haven't really learned yet how to use my gifts, but eventually I hope to be able to help both the living and the dead in some way. I don't intend to charge anything if I ever get to that level of development, but would not turn away any free will offerings (since I am dirt poor). But I just personally wouldn't feel right asking someone to pay.

• Kimber Chase
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Nov 2011 05:03 #34 by Kimber Chase
Replied by Kimber Chase on topic Re: Other Sensitives out there?
Well I guess those of us with these gifts will have to agree.....to disagree. ;o) I choose to work and not use my gift as a means of support (however for the record nobody is allowed to be turned away from emergency medical care for lack of money). CC does help young adults inclusive of those without the funds however the television network that airs those episodes pay him per episode so he gets paid either way.

Again, what feels right or wrong for some of us isn't always going to be the same. As another reader stated it reminds me of evangelical whoreism. And really? A spiritual protection pack? REAllY LOL. It's just MY choice to use this gift for the good of those I run into. I don't seek them out they usually find me. Guess we're all as individual as can be ;o)

More
28 Nov 2011 03:21 #35 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I humbly disagree with those saying Chip Coffey and others like him/us shouldn't charge. Lots of people are born with gifts and talents and make careers out of it. I doubt anyone ever told Mozart he shouldn't charge because he had the gift of music etc etc etc. We all have talents and gifts and it's up to us to choose what to do with them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

More
28 Nov 2011 01:53 #36 by Galehawk
hello I'm new hear I am a Sensitive as well, I can only pick up on the feelings a rarely see ghosts and at times I do have flashs but only a few seconds and can't see much.

I agree when you use your gifts for money wise then your gifts should be removed from you, it's not right to charge a person like Chip does, mind you i do like Chip but what he is doing is really and truely not right.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Nov 2011 01:35 #37 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Other Sensitives out there?

crystalcross wrote: For a minute there I though you were talking about me! :)

I was wondering where products were with my face on it. Not that it wouldn't be a good face to put on products mind you. Although, I doubt I'm very marketable.

Sorry CC, I meant CC, the medium. You would be a great face on a product, although, like myself; you wouldn't use your face to market products.

That kind of marketing, IMHO, should be left out of the mix. I myself would take people more seriously if it was.

More
28 Nov 2011 01:15 #38 by crystalcross
For a minute there I though you were talking about me! :)

I was wondering where products were with my face on it. Not that it wouldn't be a good face to put on products mind you. Although, I doubt I'm very marketable.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Nov 2011 01:11 #39 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Other Sensitives out there?

Kimber Chase wrote: Although I absolutely adore Chip Coffee and his abilities I'm quite against using your 'gifts' and/or abilities for financial profit. If you're given a 'gift' it's to help others (living and dead) not sure financial gain was ever supposed to be a part of the equasion.. :silly:

I know those who charge for readings and have no problem with that. I looked at CC's site and think it's overpriced, not to mention that the merchandise with his face on it is borderline ridiculous. I used to see such things as the "Spiritual Protection Pack", like the one on CC's site, on church tv broadcasts that promised protection if you purchased them. I wasn't impressed then or now.

More
28 Nov 2011 00:59 #40 by crystalcross

Kimber Chase wrote: don't get me wrong I think Chip is an amazing person and sensitive I just disagree with the 400 dollar an hour pay pal phone readings ect.

Actually, I could be wrong but I think when Chip helps young adults who are sensitives, he does it on a case by case basis. And I thought I read where even if someone can't afford anything, he still helps them. I think that really is the important part, if you help people even when they can't afford anything.

I'm not opposed to people making a living on some services. You work in the medical industry, and some would argue also that doctors should help people without charging them.

The way I see it (and its a personal opinion) if someone needs help, give them help. If someone is just curious and has no real need for assistance but wants you to use your gift, I think there is nothing wrong with a fee. But that's just my personal opinion.

There are many gifts in the world, Some are paranormal gifts, some are artistic, some are creative, some are gifts of logical thinking. If everyone gave those away, there would be lots of starving gifted people out there. Not to say you should use them to profit off of other people's needs either. There's room for both.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds

Features