Login

Videos

Why are we looked at diffrently

More
28 Apr 2011 03:14 - 28 Apr 2011 03:18 #51 by david
To answer your title question is complex.

Sensitives are culturally outcast, and have been for a long time. They have always existed but in only a few cultures have they been accepted, and occasionally, revered for their abilities. Most of the time, they were pushed aside, ostracized..., or worse.

A lot of this has to do with Judeo-Christian belief, particularly that rooted in demonic works. To see spirits has been considered the work of the devil in the Christian world. We are still heavily influenced by medieval attitudes in the modern world, whether we know it or not. Plain and simple, ghosts are to be feared and those who see them are in league with evil.

Even in non-Judeo-Christian cultures, the ability to see spirits places the sensitive outside the realm of what "other" people can do. Like being red-headed, or crippled, it makes you different. And difference is the root of all prejudice.

Truth be told, today is probably the best time to be a sensitive. With the backing if the scientific community and even much of the clergy, knowledge of the paranormal universe has been accepted widely. Even the ardent skeptic admits to the existence of the paranormal - by his own denial.
For the rest of humanity caught in the middle, they may not admit to that which they cannot see... but they are willing to concede it is possible.

That is a big step forward.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2011 03:18 by david.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2011 02:46 #52 by sixsense
And don't forget, we will help you in anyway we can..:)

More
28 Apr 2011 02:32 #53 by undertaker1
I'm not sure what everyone on here has experienced or what abilities you might have but i do know people that don't believe look at us (as investigators,psychics,sensetives) as weird or freaky. I have experienced laughs and people say you can't do that or that isn't real. Well as many of you know it is more than real. As a member of this site i feel at home like all of you are family and we are. Where else or who else do you have to talk,experience,or even be completely open about the paranormal. This site was created for those of us that had or have nobody to discuss are paranormal lifes with. So lets take advantage of that. Lets bring more members,more family,more friends. We need to learn and share and help each other. So if you have any stories of paranormal,or have been ridiculed others,or even just interested tell your stories share you experiences we are all here for the same reasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: liab2

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

Features