Login

Videos

Why are we looked at diffrently

More
28 Apr 2011 15:25 #41 by intuitivegal27
I have openly talked about my experiences to a person and how I do automatic writing. They think it's wrong because it will open doors that shouldn't be opened. That person is a Catholic and they believe differently then I do. Can I get some insight on how I should approach this differently to them? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Apr 2011 14:53 #42 by sleepy1md
Replied by sleepy1md on topic Re: Why are we looked at diffrently
Hello. I just registered...I visit the site sometimes so I figured now is the time to join. First, thank you for having something like this for people like us. I have been called a weirdo all my life (I'm 39) and finally there is a place where I can listen and share my interests in the paranormal. I have had tons of experiences and I know a lot about the supernatural or whatever you want to call it. I've never been told I'm sensitive but I think somethings going on lol...maybe a little intuitive. Anyway, thank you.

More
28 Apr 2011 14:23 #43 by undertaker1
Well first of all i would like to say welcome to a amazing site. I agree with you and know that if you have any questions or looking for answers there are many of us here that will be willing to help. Enjoy the site and hope you find many friends lookimg forward to seeing and hearing you experiences.

More
28 Apr 2011 14:16 #44 by searchursoul
:) I just joined this site and I'm so glad there is finally a place I can explore the things I want to without fear or judgement from others. To reply to your topic, it is so important for people like us to have others that know what its like to talk to, cause quite honestly in this day and age, although it's changing slowly, it's still pretty difficult to talk about these things. People are just fearful of what they can't control and to see or hear and feel things other than what we can see and touch freaks them out. They only deny themselves their own truth and I am totally okay with getting my needs met elsewhere. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself here and say I'm glad to be apart of something I can finally be myself with. thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

More
28 Apr 2011 11:40 #45 by Snowbird93
Ohhhh you did not offend me at all and your comments did not come across judgmental. I am sorry that your sister was like that to you. I am a Christian but I am not going to judge anyone as it is not my place. I have tons of questions about the paranormal and why do they linger, etc...I haven't ever had an experience of my own, but it does fascinate me.

I leaving the judging to God, I wasn't given that privilege. As I mentioned before it's a gift. We all have been blessed with some sort of gift whether we recognize it is a different question. :) It drives me crazy for someone to call themselves a Christian and be so judgmental. It's just wrong.

Please have a great day.... :)

More
28 Apr 2011 04:48 #46 by david
I hope my last comments didn't come across as judgmental. Nothing of the sort was intended. If it did I apologize.
For years I taught religion - I've heard a lot on both sides. Just recently, my sister came to visit and I spoke of spirits with her. She grew silent and gave me the goggle eye, then told me that they were not real and she wouldn't believe in spirits.
When I asked he about the many references to spirits and the afterlife in the Bible, she was even more resistant. Her faith just wasn't going to budge.
I didn't feel judgmental towards her, but maybe a bit of pity. How great is a God that has created such wonders, even universes beyond our perception... and religion wont let us see.

Thanks and sorry if I offended.

More
28 Apr 2011 03:46 #47 by Snowbird93
Yes we are...as far as Christians being stuck between a rock and a hard place....
What is normal? No one should be looked at differently as we all have unique gifts if we were all the same how boring would that be, I mean really? No time to be judgemental either...
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross, david

More
28 Apr 2011 03:40 - 28 Apr 2011 04:50 #48 by david
@undertaker1 -

Christians are caught between a rock and a hard place.
- Their own Good Book, the Word of God, talks at length about spirits of all kinds: seraphim, cherubim, angels, demons, arch-demons and so on.
- They pray for the souls of the departed, even after their death - a certain admission of life after death.
- They acknowledge the existence of saints, gone on to their afterlife glory to dwell with God - as spirits.
- Jesus himself told one his fellow crucified that they would be together - after death - in Heaven.
- The Holy Spirit of the Lord God himself is upon each of the LIVING Christian faithful.

It's fair to say Christians put much stock in the realm of the spirit.

Yet, at the same time, they are told by their leaders NOT to believe in spirits of any kind, that such is all the work of the Evil One. It's a paradox.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2011 04:50 by david. Reason: Foot in mouth

More
28 Apr 2011 03:27 #49 by crystalcross
David, you bring up a good point. Now is a great time for sensitives and paranormal studies as a whole. Its very much accepted and even sought after in many cases. In part that is one reason I started the areas of the site dedicated to sensitives. (The Sensitives Corner)

Because I think great things can come to play when we can unite people with these special abilities. And also get everyone to share and discuss. I think that in communication there is knowledge, and in knowledge there is power.

I see many higher profile sensitives and I must say that I'm so proud that they've worked hard to bring sensitives into the forefront and make their abilities more accepted. But now its time to bring that same freedom to everyone with these abilities. And I think that's where we all come in. I'm glad that so many sensitives have made this one of their homes. And I look forward to when we can all learn from each other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: undertaker1

More
28 Apr 2011 03:23 #50 by undertaker1
Verywell put David. I do totally agree. But i also know a true christian is told not to judge others that there will only be one judge. Unfortanately that is hardly ever followed being diffrent to others is a creats a big prejudice. But that is something we must deal with. To help others through this is what we need to do. So all you can do is hope people are truthful.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Features