Login

Videos

Why are we looked at diffrently

More
28 Apr 2011 19:40 #31 by intuitivegal27
They will come to accept your gifts soon. You shouldn't worry too much. Who knows they might end up seeing a spirit themselves too and just might tell you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2011 19:38 #32 by sixsense
I have had this gift all my life. I have tried to tell my family many times. No one would believe. Especially being a child, your told to stop telling stories. My Aunt Ann, god bless her, had the gift. She saw it in me and took me under her wing. Later on my dsd had an experience with me. he than knew the truth. He kept my secret to himself though. Till this day, my sister nor brothers believe me. I tend to keep to myself because of this. And if conversations of spitrits do come up, I just smile and stay quite. It shouldn't be that wy, but it is.

More
28 Apr 2011 19:03 #33 by intuitivegal27
Many people who are psychics, mediums, spiritual, sensitive, intuitive and many others don't want to open themselves up to others because in fear that they might be an outcast. That can tell you who your true friends are if they stick with you through thick and thin. They might not be open about what your gifts are but they won't put you down.

More
28 Apr 2011 18:36 #34 by matthewg329
the problem i have is most of my experiences are so unbelievable it's hard to get believers to believe let alone people who don't it gets so annoying knowing it happened yet most people don't believe it

More
28 Apr 2011 16:27 #35 by crystalcross

intuitivegal27 wrote: ...how I do automatic writing... ...They think it's wrong because it will open doors... ...That person is a Catholic and they believe differently then I do...

Good afternoon, I'm glad you shared. I think your question actually has three parts. I'm going to approach them in the order which you presented them. First the topic of "Automatic Writing". I guess the first question that comes to mind before discussing your friend is, what is automatic writing. Although there really are many different explanations or descriptions, the common element between them is that it is the act of allowing one or more spirits to channel through you by means of allowing them to control the movement of your hand to write onto some media such as paper with a pen/pencil/chalk/charcoal/etc.

Now lets look at your friend's reaction. First I think you're friend is simply concerned for your safety. Whether that concern is founded or unfounded. Although I'm not so sure about "opening doors" per say in the pure sense of the word, you must know that by the nature of the act of Automatic writing, you are giving control (partial or full) of yourself to some entity. Unlike simply communicating with spirits, in automatic writing you are allowing them to in some way inhabit and control you to make their message known. In that very act there is some danger. When you open yourself up to that, there is always a chance that what you are allowing in may not be what it claims to be, or something else may be stronger than the spirit you're allowing in. So although I am not trying to discourage you from exploring your abilities, I would urge the use of caution and at very least know the dangers involved, and also get some advice from others who share your gift for ways to minimize the dangers. So in part, I would agree with your friend, but for completely different reasons. However, I don't think they should be negative towards you because of it, if anything they should support your ability and help you to find ways to explore it safely.

As for the fact that he is Catholic, although that could play some part I do have to say that I know plenty of Catholics who fully believe in the paranormal and the ability of sensitives. I think we all just need to learn acceptance and diversity. Beliefs are a very personal thing, and we should all respect that.

I would suggest acknowledging your friend's beliefs, letting your friend know that you respect their beliefs and ask that they also respect yours. Its important to stand up for yourself, and let those who care about you know that you can both disagree on certain views but still be friends.
The following user(s) said Thank You: intuitivegal27

More
28 Apr 2011 16:08 #36 by intuitivegal27
I think that is best :) At least we can talk about everything else and not that. Gifts are what you receive and they don't have a gift return tag on it. You just have to accept what you have. I don't think you are crazy undertaker1, you just have a gift that you can't return :)

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Apr 2011 16:06 #37 by sleepy1md
Replied by sleepy1md on topic Re: Why are we looked at diffrently
Just so you know you are not alone....my mother was raised a hard core Christian/Baptist and raised us the same. I have tried to talk to her about what I experience (she has experiences too but denies things) and she starts quoting the bible about not inviting spirits and such. I don't invite ANYTHING mind you. Now I just don't say anything to her anymore about my experiences. I have learned that a lot of people are not going to understand or just don't see what's right in front of them and want to label you crazy or evil. Especially if it's "other worldly" if you will. I believe there is no light without dark...no good without evil...and that there IS live after death. No right or wrong. It's about beliefs. To each his/her own. I hope that helps.

More
28 Apr 2011 15:55 #38 by undertaker1
No forgive me i don't feel it is wrong ti have that ability. I have alot of darkness that follows me. Until recent i have never know how to deal with it but now i have been taught. I don't believe any gift.or ability is wrong. I have just recently started to see people in the living world not just spirits. But people don't believe its good either. But there are many people that are willing to help you here. My wife i'm sure thinks im crazy but im not looking for her to except it just love her anyway. So if you and your friend can't come together on beliefs then leave the spiritual world and your gift out of conversation.

More
28 Apr 2011 15:43 #39 by intuitivegal27
Have you had anything like that happen when talking to a person who does believe that anything i.e. automatic writing is wrong?

More
28 Apr 2011 15:36 #40 by undertaker1
Well catholic beliefs are very strong. And it can bring in good and bad but so can anything paranormal. But she also has to understand you have a gift and not try to make her understand but let her know your beliefs. Their beliefs for a long time is spiritual stuff is evil but that is far from truth. Maybe it isn't that you need to make her understand but just get her to except this and seperate your beliefs in the whole situation.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds

Features