Login

Videos

Evicting Demons

More
11 Jan 2012 01:28 #51 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Evicting Demons

Eclecticdealer wrote: What if the Demon / bad spirit isn't Christian? How does one perform an exorcism without that knowledge?
Yup, this popped into my head while taking a shower :silly:

One word of caution I would have to put out there for all those or any who try to advocate the use of Prayer or the Christian faith to ward off any spirits or "Demons". If you look in any Christian text, it will show that one of the primary factors which allows an exorcism or the texts which give men the power over demons to work is the fact that the person claiming or using this power is acting as an advocate or emissary of god. And that he or she has the faith, belief, and purity which the christian faith gives. And that using the texts, scriptures, or exorcism without having the faith to do so, is like using a paper sword to ward off an army. Ineffective at best, and perhaps ticking off the spirit/demon/etc at worst.

I personally am more of the belief that there are fewer creatures out there which are demons, and perhaps more just plain evil people who have passed. If someone bears no love for people in life, and spends their life stepping on people. Then I think they in turn will not suddenly see the error of their ways in death, but rather be the same after passing.

Just my thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe, angelofmusic911, Ghastly Girl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 01:18 #52 by Ghastly Girl
Replied by Ghastly Girl on topic Re: Evicting Demons
Personally I have major issues with the whole "demon" thing but that's just me lol. I think that for "non-Christian" demons it would be imperative to look into the folklore surrounding them and determine what has been used in ancient times to deal with that particular type of energy. It is my personal belief that ancient cultures were far more attuned to nature and energies than we are today and very much knew what they were doing when dealing with them.

There are of course generic exorcism and purification things that can be done but personally I feel that dealing with the supernatural much like religion is rarely if ever a one size fits all kind of affair.

More
11 Jan 2012 01:02 #53 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Having dealt with them myself (not demons, really, just dark things), you just call down the white light and everyone you know that's passed on that can come to help you. You build your army and concentrate hard. You fix upon that white light until the darkness disappears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe

More
11 Jan 2012 00:55 #54 by Peek-A-Boo
Evicting Demons was created by Peek-A-Boo
What if the Demon / bad spirit isn't Christian? How does one perform an exorcism without that knowledge?
Yup, this popped into my head while taking a shower :silly:

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds

Features