Login

Videos

Evicting Demons

More
13 Jan 2012 02:16 #1 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Lindsay1121 wrote: Channelpirate... You're trying to call the people on this site crazy and saying that you have a straight line of beliefs when little do you know, not everyone or even as high of a percentage exist that believe in what you do. Go ahead, I don't care if you 'find another door' , but you're kinda going against what this board is for and you're sort of calling us delusional when infact many of us has gone through various experiences. So find your doors. Bottom line is everyone has their own perceptions and yours is just as equal if not equivalent to ours.

First off, I wrote that, not ChannelPirate. This is the Ghosts & Haunts COMMUNITY, not the Ghosts & Haunts We All Believe One Thing. We tend to agree to disagree here. That's what good discussions are...people putting their beliefs on the table and you can either choose to understand or to not. After 30 years of life I have learned not to give a flying f--- what other people think I should think. Please also learn to read--I didn't call everyone delusional. And trust me, I'm not going anywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2012 02:01 #2 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Evicting Demons
Benedict de Spinoza states
“ 1. By good, I understand that which we certainly know is useful to us.
2. By evil, on the contrary I understand that which we certainly know hinders us from possessing anything that is good.”

According to M. Scott Peck, an evil person:
Is consistently self-deceiving, with the intent of avoiding guilt and maintaining a self-image of perfection
Deceives others as a consequence of their own self-deception
Projects his or her evils and sins onto very specific targets, scapegoating others while appearing normal with everyone else ("their insensitivity toward him was selective")
Commonly hates with the pretense of love, for the purposes of self-deception as much as deception of others
Abuses political (emotional) power ("the imposition of one's will upon others by overt or covert coercion")
Maintains a high level of respectability and lies incessantly in order to do so
Is consistent in his or her sins. Evil persons are characterized not so much by the magnitude of their sins, but by their consistency (of destructiveness)
Is unable to think from the viewpoint of their victim
Has a covert intolerance to criticism and other forms of narcissistic injury
"The soul of man is immortal and imperishable."

More
13 Jan 2012 01:47 #3 by Lindsay1121
Replied by Lindsay1121 on topic Re: Evicting Demons
I agree. They do coexist. They're both delicate to some extent. But I believe in building on truth, that through which I have experienced, all while taking into consideration other people's truths. But in my heart I cannot entirely blame man. And yes I will test my own theory. You must, to see whether you lie to yourself or not.

Steven Matrix wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Very true, ChannelPirate,

Darkness and light coexist, the Ying and Yang, Isis and Nephthys. Personally I believe true evil is a product of mankind and shouldn't be confused with darkness.

Here's another crazy theory Tress; becaue light and dark coexist, a balance if you will; what if some of which is darkness does so voluntarily because it/they know that in order for soul growth to occur, we need the ability to exercise free will. Without both sides of the balance equation, there is no evolution of the soul.

My wife and I found out while involved in the metaphysical arena [same when we were in the church] that most want to exist in the "love and light" bubble; thinking of only the positive and of love, light, changing your reality, etc. What we found is that the negative exists, no matter what people believe; and it is that negative side that aids in our growth.

I agree, Steve, darkness and light, positivity and negativity exist in different ratios in everyone. It's a matter of achieving balance. No offense to anyone but trying to exist in a positivity bubble and rejecting everything negative is slightly delusional. There are just things that suck, situations that suck, people that suck. You can try to put a positive spin on things if that is what you need to achieve balance. I have an aunt that for a while was sort of like that. Nothing could get her down. Nothing at all wrong with being upbeat, quite the contrary. But upon relaying a story that my father was going around telling everyone that I named my son after him (if you know me you know I would have NEVER done that), she was basically like, "Oh, your dad is such a funny guy!" Not that I want her or anyone to suffer. Just face reality. Not everything is cheerful and rosy and it's not meant to be.

Well ladies, I think this has turned into a very good discussion [not that it wasn't before]. We must face all things in life to grow. That's why I see many in religion and the metaphysical arena who stay where they're at. Again, as you have said, it is a choice. That is the journey they must take to one day grow, either in this life, or a future one.

Growth comes with self knowledge, not listening and taking as truth what others say. What a great discussion!

More
13 Jan 2012 01:41 #4 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Evicting Demons

TressesOfNephthys wrote: ...Man is not evil, but man causes evil...

On this one I would have to disagree, at least personally. I believe Man can be evil, and man can be good. Individually, not as a race of creatures. I believe we're all individuals, and what we do with that individuality defines us. We can choose to either help, or oppress. I think there are some truly evil people in life, and so there will be some truly evil people in death. But in this context of the word "Evil", I'm using it to denote a collection of actions and course these actions take.

So, maybe we do agree, but are just calling things by different names.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

More
13 Jan 2012 01:37 #5 by Lindsay1121
Channelpirate... You're trying to call the people on this site crazy and saying that you have a straight line of beliefs when little do you know, not everyone or even as high of a percentage exist that believe in what you do. Go ahead, I don't care if you 'find another door' , but you're kinda going against what this board is for and you're sort of calling us delusional when infact many of us has gone through various experiences. So find your doors. Bottom line is everyone has their own perceptions and yours is just as equal if not equivalent to ours.

More
13 Jan 2012 01:28 #6 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Lindsay1121 wrote:

Darkness and light coexist, the Ying and Yang, Isis and Nephthys. Personally I believe true evil is a product of mankind and shouldn't be confused with darkness.

1010% I disagree. This is calling man evil. Man is not Evil, we have the choice to choose and some are easily influenced by evil. I honestly cannot believe the audacity of this belief. You honestly think man kind can be as cruel as to start all the wars? Yes we all have started our own wars but their is an influence and its not always mankind. Darkness is a category used as a way to describe the evil intentions/emotions of not only human but spirit or soul. I have felt this...you obviously have not.

As for being demonised perhaps hypnosis plays a role in this..much like I believe people are deeply influenced to go great lengths for their believing in something no matter what it is.

I'm sorry if this makes little sense lol I'm on mobile and its hard to edit.

Simply put I don't believe man is always 100% to blame for evil. I have experienced this first hand so its easier for me to believe this theory.

Man is not evil, but man causes evil. Mankind did start all the wars. We perpetuate evil on a daily basis but also perpetuate good. These influences come from within us and from other people.

I have the audacity to believe lots of things that I'm sure 99% of people wouldn't agree with me on. And those that would choose to shut me down only cause me to open another door.

More
13 Jan 2012 01:14 #7 by kirlybab
Replied by kirlybab on topic Re: Evicting Demons
We are cosmic brothers and sisters, joined together by the divine within that connects us all....

I am glad to call you all that.

More
13 Jan 2012 01:07 - 13 Jan 2012 01:11 #8 by Lindsay1121

1010% I disagree. This is calling man evil. Man is not Evil, we have the choice to choose and some are easily influenced by evil. I honestly cannot believe the audacity of this belief. You honestly think man kind can be as cruel as to start all the wars? Yes we all have started our own wars but their is an influence and its not always mankind. Darkness is a category used as a way to describe the evil intentions/emotions of not only human but spirit or soul. I have felt this...you obviously have not.

As for being demonised perhaps hypnosis plays a role in this..much like I believe people are deeply influenced to go great lengths for their believing in something no matter what it is.

I'm sorry if this makes little sense lol I'm on mobile and its hard to edit.

Simply put I don't believe man is always 100% to blame for evil. I have experienced this first hand so its easier for me to believe this theory.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2012 01:11 by Lindsay1121.

More
12 Jan 2012 23:39 #9 by grandmaducky
Replied by grandmaducky on topic Re: Evicting Demons
i agree with you both and were all related happy face

More
12 Jan 2012 23:30 #10 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Evicting Demons
are we related LOL I did the same thing. Went from one extreme to another and found neither one was honest so off the grid I went. :silly:

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds

Features