Login

Videos

Evicting Demons

More
11 Jan 2012 21:57 #31 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Evicting Demons
Hinduism advocates the theory of reincarnation and transmigration of souls according to one's Karma. Souls (Atman) of the dead are adjudged by the Yama and are accorded various purging punishments before being reborn. Humans that have committed extraordinary wrongs are condemned to roam as lonely, often evil, spirits for a length of time before being reborn. Many kinds of such spirits (Vetalas, Pishachas, Bhūta) are recognized in the later Hindu texts. These beings, in a limited sense, can be called demons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 21:50 #32 by Lindsay1121
Replied by Lindsay1121 on topic Re: Evicting Demons

Steven Matrix wrote:

channelpirate wrote: Music aside - can I ask what evidence there is of demon's exisiting? Many talk about them but where is the proof (since surely that's what investigating is about). Surely somewhere there is footage of a table or something being thrown across the room.

Aside from a physical proof we are left with the 'effect' they have on people but can we say that there is not some predisposition around mental health? And what about fear? Most of us have been afraid at some point but, thinking personally, i can say that it didn't stand scrutiny after the event. Just trying to be objective.
'
Or perhaps I could say 'Play devil's advocate' but then is the devil not a creation of a religeon that, if it has a personification of good then must have one of evil? Going back to the 'How to deal with a non Christian demon' what ever happened before Christinity came along? In the overall scheme of things I think the terminolgy is generally unhelpful and we should be focussing on the facts. If someone has paranormal activity going on and it is affecting them then calling it a demon will increase their fear thus providing more energy. I know that many people will disagree but I personally have found that the first step in stopping this activity is for the householder to understand the limitations that this activity can have on them, reducing their fear through knowledge and their strength in asserting their right to live where they are.

Well said and true.

I agree. Negative energy is.certainly separate and fear May be able to feed negative energy.

Demons are something else tho...like I said..I would avoid.that at all costs.

More
11 Jan 2012 20:03 #33 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Very true, ChannelPirate,

Darkness and light coexist, the Ying and Yang, Isis and Nephthys. Personally I believe true evil is a product of mankind and shouldn't be confused with darkness.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jan 2012 19:41 #34 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Evicting Demons

channelpirate wrote: Music aside - can I ask what evidence there is of demon's exisiting? Many talk about them but where is the proof (since surely that's what investigating is about). Surely somewhere there is footage of a table or something being thrown across the room.

Aside from a physical proof we are left with the 'effect' they have on people but can we say that there is not some predisposition around mental health? And what about fear? Most of us have been afraid at some point but, thinking personally, i can say that it didn't stand scrutiny after the event. Just trying to be objective.
'
Or perhaps I could say 'Play devil's advocate' but then is the devil not a creation of a religeon that, if it has a personification of good then must have one of evil? Going back to the 'How to deal with a non Christian demon' what ever happened before Christinity came along? In the overall scheme of things I think the terminolgy is generally unhelpful and we should be focussing on the facts. If someone has paranormal activity going on and it is affecting them then calling it a demon will increase their fear thus providing more energy. I know that many people will disagree but I personally have found that the first step in stopping this activity is for the householder to understand the limitations that this activity can have on them, reducing their fear through knowledge and their strength in asserting their right to live where they are.

Well said and true.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jan 2012 19:39 #35 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Evicting Demons

oicu812 wrote: lol Whats wrong with RAP? LOL JK

There's nothing wrong with RAP if you like listening to people with no musical talent; kinda like the country music singers who sing about their woman leaving them, but they still got their dog and pickup truck. Lol.

More
11 Jan 2012 18:43 #36 by channelpirate
Replied by channelpirate on topic Re: Evicting Demons
Music aside - can I ask what evidence there is of demon's exisiting? Many talk about them but where is the proof (since surely that's what investigating is about). Surely somewhere there is footage of a table or something being thrown across the room.

'

More
11 Jan 2012 17:30 #37 by Peek-A-Boo

oicu812 wrote: lol Whats wrong with RAP? LOL JK

OK, let's try this: my singing will drive away everything unwanted including weeds on the lawn LMAO

More
11 Jan 2012 17:21 #38 by oicu812
Replied by oicu812 on topic Re: Evicting Demons
lol Whats wrong with RAP? LOL JK

More
11 Jan 2012 17:07 #39 by Peek-A-Boo

crystalcross wrote: Don't know about any Demons or Evil spirits, but the Country music would certainly get ME out of there.

And Eclectic - there is NOTHING funny about country music. :D :D

Except when you play it backwards and the dog comes back, the pickup gets restored, and someone gives you a house. (Sorry)

Steven brought up the country music, I just laughed No wonder I keep losing Karma points, :oops:
I would of said Rap lol.

More
11 Jan 2012 16:54 #40 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Evicting Demons
Don't know about any Demons or Evil spirits, but the Country music would certainly get ME out of there.

And Eclectic - there is NOTHING funny about country music. :D :D

Except when you play it backwards and the dog comes back, the pickup gets restored, and someone gives you a house. (Sorry)

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds

Features