Login

Videos

neone go to rhodes hall in atlanta on jan 13?

• Beasy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Jan 2012 18:47 #31 by Beasy
Thanks Steven, I just wanted to tip the balance of the thread back towards StarryEyes who is obviously (and quite rightly!) excited about her first investigation. I was with mine, until I discovered someone had played a prank with a fake ringtone :-( Eventually, if we are interested enough, we manage to find a balance with investigations, with people we are comfortable with (and trust) so that we know that the experiences are genuine. That takes time, and (for me) usually means a small group. I LOVE hearing about others' experiences though - hope everyone keeps it up! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2012 18:44 #32 by Peek-A-Boo
anyone else feel that some TV groups that are charging to investigate uncharted locations for the 1st time are in some cases using urban legends and not actual spirit activity?
There is a group going to a Ft Lauderdale site the end of the month, I have been in that place numerous times, heard nothing paranormal about it, felt nothing and first found out that there is activity was when the investigation was being pimped
I say pimped because both TV investigators have tweeted the sale of tickets at least 5 times a day for over 2 months now

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Jan 2012 18:34 #33 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: neone go to rhodes hall in atlanta on jan 13?

Beasy wrote: Hello everybody. Firstly I would like to say thankyou to StarryEyes for sharing her experiences with the group. You sound as if you had a wonderful experience for your first investigation and I would certainly be interested in yor evps. It sounds as if most of you commenting here have had some bad experiences of group investigations, and I guess I have had one or two similar. However, for the most part, my experiences have been good. I'll admit that sometimes the groups can feel too big, but this is often a difficult balance to cover the cost of hiring a venue. Groups I'm involved with are non-profit making and investigations are opened out to'the public'. I admit that I am careful now when deciding where to visit and I do tend to look at the size of the group and the venue, based on previous experience. However, the groups I've been involved with have always shown the utmost respect during investigations.

The size of the group, IMHO, is one of the most important aspects.

I will say that I'm happy for Starry having had a good experience, so I don't want her to think that we're jumping on anyone; other than the fact that those spirits were clearly exploited by those in charge. Starry wouldn't have known that, so I think that her first experience was a good and memorable one.

• Beasy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Jan 2012 18:24 #34 by Beasy
Hello everybody. Firstly I would like to say thankyou to StarryEyes for sharing her experiences with the group. You sound as if you had a wonderful experience for your first investigation and I would certainly be interested in yor evps. It sounds as if most of you commenting here have had some bad experiences of group investigations, and I guess I have had one or two similar. However, for the most part, my experiences have been good. I'll admit that sometimes the groups can feel too big, but this is often a difficult balance to cover the cost of hiring a venue. Groups I'm involved with are non-profit making and investigations are opened out to'the public'. I admit that I am careful now when deciding where to visit and I do tend to look at the size of the group and the venue, based on previous experience. However, the groups I've been involved with have always shown the utmost respect during investigations.

More
16 Jan 2012 18:13 #35 by amoonwolfe
I agree completely. The exploitation of spirits, both living and dead creates an immense amount of negative Karma for the exploiters. I have always approached the spirit world as a storyteller, offering to tell the story of whatever spirits I encounter. I have journaled the experiences in an effort to keep sacred the stories which have been shared with me. Interact with the spirits you encounter, as opposed to the TV version of act and react (think "Dude, RUN!!!") By the way, the whole Friday the 13th issue, is a bad joke. Ask anyone born on Friday the 13th and we'll laugh in your face!

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Jan 2012 17:55 #36 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: neone go to rhodes hall in atlanta on jan 13?

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Ok, I'm going to tell you a little story, so stay with me lol...

I used to work in a textile laboratory a few years back, and the room where the samples were prepared was a large enclosed room with a conditioned environment (the room had to stay within a certain temp and humidity range). On one side of this room there was a large picture window, which from the prep area gave them a dank view of the cubical farm where the supervisors sat, but the supervisors could all stand at the window and look in on the prep people. Often, when we had clients, the supervisors and managers would bring them to the window rather than actually bring them into the room to talk to the women in there. Even though I didn't work in that area, I heard a lot of their complaints that they felt like they were in an aquarium or at the zoo. The feeling was if the management or clients wanted to know what they were doing, why didn't they just come in and ask?

Spirits get gawked at a lot in a sense. People want to see them, experience them, hear their voices, but few really listen to what they want or ask if they can help.

Tell her what she's won Johnny; For that comment, you get a new, 2012 Karma!

Spirits are NOT zoo animals. They should be respected and heard. Sadly, they've become part of a "business"; which is why I wouldn't spend 10 seconds on an investigation with Chip Coffey. He looks to be gifted, so I'm not judging that. What I am judging is the exploitation of the living and spiritual kind. If it's that easy to do something like that, how can I fully trust anything else they may do; no matter how gifted.

Folks, we need to get to the place where there is a trust factor with those who have passed. I believe they know our intentions, which raises the bar for how sincere and trusting we really are. We're here to educate that there are spirits which never die, but live on. We're here to gather information and provide it to the public. Because spirits will have a lack of trust for most, how much truthful material do you really think is getting out there?

More
16 Jan 2012 17:25 #37 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Ok, I'm going to tell you a little story, so stay with me lol...

I used to work in a textile laboratory a few years back, and the room where the samples were prepared was a large enclosed room with a conditioned environment (the room had to stay within a certain temp and humidity range). On one side of this room there was a large picture window, which from the prep area gave them a dank view of the cubical farm where the supervisors sat, but the supervisors could all stand at the window and look in on the prep people. Often, when we had clients, the supervisors and managers would bring them to the window rather than actually bring them into the room to talk to the women in there. Even though I didn't work in that area, I heard a lot of their complaints that they felt like they were in an aquarium or at the zoo. The feeling was if the management or clients wanted to know what they were doing, why didn't they just come in and ask?

Spirits get gawked at a lot in a sense. People want to see them, experience them, hear their voices, but few really listen to what they want or ask if they can help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven Matrix, Peek-A-Boo, Shenshen

More
16 Jan 2012 17:22 #38 by Peek-A-Boo
I think that the business side has morally corrupted many of these people. I see respected Psychic/Mediums pimping their wares on Twitter daily. When asked a question they direct that person to their web page to pay for the answer :-(
So far Amy Allen has maintained the respectful side speaking to spirits on TV IMO

I also see the outrageous price charged for joining an investigation, one Investigator just posted a $299.00 fee for a few hours YIKES
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shenshen

More
16 Jan 2012 16:56 #39 by Shenshen
Oh wow I am so glad you brought up the "zoo animals" thing LOL!! This is an opinion I strongly share. It is one thing to be respectful on a ghost hunt, but things like provocation and labeling a spirit immediately as a demon make me roll my eyes every time. I don't think "treat others as you would like to be treated" dies with us. I do believe negative energy exists, and should be dealt with appropriately in that circumstance, but a lot of it is over-dramatization like most other t.v. In Chip's defense, I have always felt he is a very respectful soul. Love and light to the like-minded!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tresses Of Nephthys

More
16 Jan 2012 16:37 #40 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I like Chip and all as well but this goes along with a pet peeve of mine--treating spirits like zoo animals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo, Shenshen

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds

Features