Login

Videos

neone go to rhodes hall in atlanta on jan 13?

More
17 Jan 2012 00:26 #21 by Peek-A-Boo
Do tell me all about it, pleez, pretty please :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jan 2012 00:23 - 17 Jan 2012 00:24 #22 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: neone go to rhodes hall in atlanta on jan 13?

Eclecticdealer wrote: Have you been to Cassadaga, Florida? :blink:

Yep, and going back soon. There's a couple of photos from Cassadaga in my photo albums as well.
Last edit: 17 Jan 2012 00:24 by Steven Matrix.

More
17 Jan 2012 00:17 #23 by Peek-A-Boo
Have you been to Cassadaga, Florida? :blink:

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jan 2012 00:00 #24 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: neone go to rhodes hall in atlanta on jan 13?

Eclecticdealer wrote: anyone else feel that some TV groups that are charging to investigate uncharted locations for the 1st time are in some cases using urban legends and not actual spirit activity?
There is a group going to a Ft Lauderdale site the end of the month, I have been in that place numerous times, heard nothing paranormal about it, felt nothing and first found out that there is activity was when the investigation was being pimped I say pimped because both TV investigators have tweeted the sale of tickets at least 5 times a day for over 2 months now

You're right, they are pimpin'. That's the blueprint that several groups [not just paranormal] are using for their perspective legal prostitution ring.

Another Floridian huh? Lauderdale is just too busy. Lol. It's quieter up here in Tampa.

The biggest way these pimps are able to suck the people in is probably by targeting new people who get jacked up to go with someone they think is an "expert"; let's forget about the fact that there is no such thing as a paranormal expert. No, Chip Coffey isn't one either. We become knowledgeable through experience.

There's an area around Orlando that does have paranormal activity and there's a group of people that go down the middle of town with a group to do an "Orb Photography Tour". Are you kidding me? We were there a few months ago and they had several victims, um, I mean customers walking down the center of town firing away. Too bad someone didn't realize that they could have walked down the center of town taking photos by themselves for free. Lol. I guess pimping can come in many forms.

More
16 Jan 2012 22:24 #25 by Tresses Of Nephthys
::buying my lotto ticket:: lol

• Beasy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Jan 2012 22:08 #26 by Beasy

TressesOfNephthys wrote: I haven't done any of those things since I was about 16 either, Beasy. Need to find me another paranormal soulmate to do them with.

You should come over here & come with us! I've met some great people through doing investigations and wish I had started earlier :)

More
16 Jan 2012 21:44 #27 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Eclecticdealer wrote: anyone else feel that some TV groups that are charging to investigate uncharted locations for the 1st time are in some cases using urban legends and not actual spirit activity?
There is a group going to a Ft Lauderdale site the end of the month, I have been in that place numerous times, heard nothing paranormal about it, felt nothing and first found out that there is activity was when the investigation was being pimped
I say pimped because both TV investigators have tweeted the sale of tickets at least 5 times a day for over 2 months now

I guess you have to start somewhere. Everything is a rumor until you can substantiate it. What's the worst that could happen? They go and nothing happens. A little shot to some egos.

More
16 Jan 2012 21:40 #28 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I haven't done any of those things since I was about 16 either, Beasy. Need to find me another paranormal soulmate to do them with.

• Beasy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Jan 2012 21:03 #29 by Beasy
I've been to many investigations and all of them have taken place exactly as you suggest they should: with 'sensitives' involved and with the utmost respect for inhabitants. People who get involved with investigations are also in awe of the history and architecture of the buildings ( in my experience) and research is always undertaken. Perhaps I've just been lucky, or just choosy about who I investigate with :) I haven't been involved with a bedroom seance or cemetery since I was about 11, and I must admit that I haven't recorded anything since the 'ringtone incident', but I am thinking about getting a recorder after reading some of the posts on here. It does seem interesting. For me, I love getting out and about, visiting old buildings, love the his, you can feel the energy in the land and the air and the buildings feel alive. I've also come to realise recently that the most active experiences we've had have been during a full moon. Has anyone else found this? I'm intrigued by mention of cemeteries because that's certainly one place over here in the UK that you wouldn't normally see anyone investigating. I'm not sure why that is. I'm really enjoying this group. Love to hear more experiences :)

More
16 Jan 2012 19:14 #30 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Definitely not trying to squash anyone's experience, glad Starry Eyes had a good one. I've never been on an "investigation". Trolled around in cemeteries and plenty of bedroom seances but as far as documenting anything on video or evp...no. Like Rob and Steve both pointed out, an investigation imho should be a few people who have done their research about what to expect, hopefully have a sensitive person on board and go in there with the intent to help the spirit and the other living occupants if there are any. Once you start getting into bringing hordes of people, then it becomes more of a tourist attraction. Just my 2 cents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shenshen

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds

Features