Login

Videos

What Orbs Are Not 99% Of The Time

More
11 Nov 2011 21:06 #21 by crystalcross
I'm kind of thinking that most everyone here is saying the same thing, just in a different way and perhaps with different emphasis.

If what I'm reading here is correct, there seems to be a general (yet passionate) consensus that much of the still photographs which are taken with flash enabled, are simply artifacts created by the flash itself and exasperated by the fact that often a cheaper camera is used in taking those photos. (I'm guilty as charged of that as well)

And I also think that there is a general consensus that real orbs do exist, and are more than simply artifacts. And are energy or paranormal in nature. The origin of orbs (sounds like a great title for a scientific paper) still doesn't have a real consensus. And perhaps that's something we can spend some time on for future debates.

Does that sound like a correct assessment of a basic general consensus? If so, perhaps we can use that as a spring board to try to bring some more wide-spread consensus to our collective knowledge. Passions are great and a powerful thing, when focused. But unfocused they can bring the train to a screeching halt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2011 20:37 #22 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
Dear Mr Matrix
what i wrote is not my only belief as far as Orb's gothat is just one
slice of the pie you may say.99% of the time Orb's are not dust or
bugs,drops of rain.
but i must say that a large number of photos we see are not paranormal.
as for myself i really do believe that there is more to this then drops of
rain,bugs,dust etc, and one day we will find out the truth.

This is why we are all here, and do what we do.

• Steven Matrix
  • Steven Matrix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Nov 2011 16:12 #23 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: What Orbs Are Not 99% Of The Time

crystalcross wrote: I would be remiss if I didn't say that I think (or at least hope) that you're wrong about the acceptance of the orb truth. I think the Paranormal as a whole it looking for the truth. If that means that its not found in as many places as is popularly accepted, then I think eventually the community will form around that. I also have faith in the paranormal investigation community as a whole that their heart is in the right place. And that eventually most will come on board and call a rain-drop a rain-drop.

I agree with you CC that the paranormal communinity wants the truth; my thoughts are however that they're using the wrong compass to guide them, i.e. the popular paranormal shows. They tend to parrot what they learn from the so called experts, which, like most everything else doesn't exist [a paranormal expert]. I also think that there is a lot of acceptance of the orb as truth. We see many orb photos on this site that in most cases are part of the 99% mentioned above.

If the paranormal community turned their TVs off when the ghost hunt cameras are rolling, they would learn more on their own and that rain drop would be called just that in time.

More
11 Nov 2011 10:48 #24 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
There are other theories with orb's i have heard such theories that orb's might be nature spirits,
or airborne protoplasm as you would find under a microscope but far more advanced.

More
11 Nov 2011 03:22 #25 by crystalcross
I would be remiss if I didn't say that I think (or at least hope) that you're wrong about the acceptance of the orb truth. I think the Paranormal as a whole it looking for the truth. If that means that its not found in as many places as is popularly accepted, then I think eventually the community will form around that. I also have faith in the paranormal investigation community as a whole that their heart is in the right place. And that eventually most will come on board and call a rain-drop a rain-drop.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Nov 2011 02:29 #26 by Steven Matrix

BHPI Josh wrote: Agreed sir. I will be doing a new blog on my page about exactly that. Good points and hopefully this whole thing will get to be accepted.

It will only be accepted by a few Josh. One of the deceptions of the popular paranormal actors [and they are actors] on tv is to get people excited. Take away the excitement, what do people have? Nothing. Since the excitement guides the direction and thinking of the followers of the popular paranormal shows, people have a hard time thinking out of the box.

If we think and are more open on an intuitive level, just think of what could be accomplished. The paranormal would become normal. The orb pics would be replaced by photos with real evidence.

More
11 Nov 2011 00:27 #27 by BHPI Josh
Agreed sir. I will be doing a new blog on my page about exactly that. Good points and hopefully this whole thing will get to be accepted.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Nov 2011 19:21 #28 by Steven Matrix

Grupo Alpha wrote: I agree completely with what you mention friend. a hug

Thanks GA, maybe we can test my theories out over there in Spain with you next year.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Nov 2011 19:20 #29 by Steven Matrix

crystalcross wrote: I think you hit the spirit of the "Hunt" right on the head. Actually I think we should be called "Reality" hunters, because more of what we do is to search for what is real within the noise of evidence.

If we call everything evidence, then it tends to devalue the truely astonishing when it does come along.

Couldn't agree more Rob. What I want to see are photos that are more than the run of the mill scrap book orb shots; I want to be wowed and astonished.

You're right, we are more like reality hunters. Hey, how about paranormal jedi; affectionately called PJ's? Lol.

That's one of the many things I like about this site; we seek the reality and aren't satisfied with "virtual reality". Paranormal, in reality, is normal. One of the things we try to do on this site is see it [the paranormal] as normal and approach it as such.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Nov 2011 19:00 #30 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: What Orbs Are Not 99% Of The Time
I agree completely with what you mention friend. a hug

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds

Features