Login

Videos

What Orbs Are Not 99% Of The Time

• SkarletRae
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Nov 2011 20:02 - 18 Nov 2011 12:04 #11 by SkarletRae
Replied by SkarletRae on topic Re: What Orbs Are Not 99% Of The Time

Ocean County Paranormal Research wrote: There are other theories with orb's i have heard such theories that orb's might be nature spirits,
or airborne protoplasm as you would find under a microscope but far more advanced.

Last edit: 18 Nov 2011 12:04 by SkarletRae.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Steven Matrix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Nov 2011 01:04 #12 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: What Orbs Are Not 99% Of The Time

Grupo Alpha wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote:

crystalcross wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote: 1%, for me, aren't worth taking much time by spending hours to try to evaluate in Photoshop. I'd rather be out taking other photos.

I hear you, but I also think that its important to remember that without going over photos, there may be important finding which could get missed. After all, not all paranormal evidence will wave a glowing red flag and yell "Here I am, LOOK AT ME!!!". :)

Or maybe I've just been looking at the wrong paranormal evidence. To me at least, the search is important as well. But with a good healthy dose of reality and a critical eye.

I completely understand CC that a person like yourself would want to go over things like photos so that the evidence can be supported by the well thought out research. A person in my thought/position doesn't do that often; simply because I don't want to say "here it is, here it is". I don't point things out to people in my photography often because, in all honesty; I'm not what you would call a spirit or paranormal photographer. In reality, there is no such kind of photographer anyway, regardless of what they may tell people. Lol. I always say "let the photo inspire and let the viewer be affected in their own way" rather than having me program it into them.

I'd rather have people tell me what they see; this tells me that the photo has touched them in some way; without any influence from me.

Asturias is a beautiful land, full of legends and mysteries that you'll love, sure. Tell your friend to take you to the Solvay-Lieres Mine going to surprise you.

Are you going to be hiding behind a rock??? Lol.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Nov 2011 00:32 #13 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: What Orbs Are Not 99% Of The Time

Steven Matrix wrote:

crystalcross wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote: 1%, for me, aren't worth taking much time by spending hours to try to evaluate in Photoshop. I'd rather be out taking other photos.

I hear you, but I also think that its important to remember that without going over photos, there may be important finding which could get missed. After all, not all paranormal evidence will wave a glowing red flag and yell "Here I am, LOOK AT ME!!!". :)

Or maybe I've just been looking at the wrong paranormal evidence. To me at least, the search is important as well. But with a good healthy dose of reality and a critical eye.

I completely understand CC that a person like yourself would want to go over things like photos so that the evidence can be supported by the well thought out research. A person in my thought/position doesn't do that often; simply because I don't want to say "here it is, here it is". I don't point things out to people in my photography often because, in all honesty; I'm not what you would call a spirit or paranormal photographer. In reality, there is no such kind of photographer anyway, regardless of what they may tell people. Lol. I always say "let the photo inspire and let the viewer be affected in their own way" rather than having me program it into them.

I'd rather have people tell me what they see; this tells me that the photo has touched them in some way; without any influence from me.

Asturias is a beautiful land, full of legends and mysteries that you'll love, sure. Tell your friend to take you to the Solvay-Lieres Mine going to surprise you.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Nov 2011 19:44 #14 by Steven Matrix

crystalcross wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote: I'd rather have people tell me what they see; this tells me that the photo has touched them in some way; without any influence from me.

Hah! Well that right there, is the difference between a photographer and an artist.

By definition a photographer is someone who records images. An artist is one who captures visions, and influences minds.

You, are an artist... and visionary...

Thanks my friend. I think that one of the most important parts of this journey is how we influence [with no agenda] others for the good. The best way to do that for me is to step back and be quiet once the image has been created.

More
14 Nov 2011 02:22 #15 by crystalcross

Steven Matrix wrote: I'd rather have people tell me what they see; this tells me that the photo has touched them in some way; without any influence from me.

Hah! Well that right there, is the difference between a photographer and an artist.

By definition a photographer is someone who records images. An artist is one who captures visions, and influences minds.

You, are an artist... and visionary...

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Nov 2011 01:24 #16 by Steven Matrix

crystalcross wrote:

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Nov 2011 01:15 #17 by Steven Matrix

Grupo Alpha wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote:

Grupo Alpha wrote: I agree completely with what you mention friend. a hug

Thanks GA, maybe we can test my theories out over there in Spain with you next year.

Would be great to know Steven, but you know, you bring a translator with you eh jajajal! A hug from Spain friend

We have a tranlator my friend. Lol. She is from Spain [Asturias] and wants to take us with her. Maybe we'll see you there.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Nov 2011 00:59 #18 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: What Orbs Are Not 99% Of The Time

Steven Matrix wrote:

Grupo Alpha wrote: I agree completely with what you mention friend. a hug

Thanks GA, maybe we can test my theories out over there in Spain with you next year.

Would be great to know Steven, but you know, you bring a translator with you eh jajajal! A hug from Spain friend

More
14 Nov 2011 00:24 #19 by crystalcross

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Nov 2011 16:07 #20 by Steven Matrix

Ocean County Paranormal Research wrote: Dear Mr Matrix
what i wrote is not my only belief as far as Orb's gothat is just one
slice of the pie you may say.99% of the time Orb's are not dust or
bugs,drops of rain.
but i must say that a large number of photos we see are not paranormal.
as for myself i really do believe that there is more to this then drops of
rain,bugs,dust etc, and one day we will find out the truth.

This is why we are all here, and do what we do.

As CC said, I think we are saying the same thing. I am saying that 99% of the time, orb pics are not paranormal. On the contrary, they are the result of what has been discussed above, not to mention the fact also that they are the result of these things when point and shoot digital cameras are used.

In the end, there is more proof [through knowledge of the workings of a camera] that most orb photos are little more than scrap book pics. The 1% I mentioned at the beginning are something different however. Still, even the 1%, for me, aren't worth taking much time by spending hours to try to evaluate in Photoshop. I'd rather be out taking other photos.

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds

Features