Login

Videos

I have a Question about Orbs.

More
07 Oct 2011 12:44 #31 by Wes_Forsythe
The most important thing to understand about orbs is that they are not technically dust. Instead they are a digitial "mistake" or artifact of how a digital camera deals with dust, moisture, pollen, etc when it reflects a flash too close to a camera for it to be in focus. Outdoor shots always seem to have more orbs than inside. That is not because there is more dust in the air so much as that the "depth of field" is usually much farther. In other words the camera's focal point is further away making anything close out of focus.

When dealing with orbs I always suggest taking a quick look at

Once a person has read that, then I can ask them what makes their orb different from the examples and explanations posted there. Then they have the choice of ignoring science all together or actually reasoning.

I am not saying there is never anything paranormal about an orb. I just think that sometimes science does have to be acknowledged as the cause of what we observe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Oct 2011 01:37 #32 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: I have a Question about Orbs.

Keith wrote: Thanks for the reply Steven Matrix,

We use tripods with our video and stationary audio and IR video cameras. I haven't thought to use one with the digital Camera with a timer... The next time I get a solid read on an empty room I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

As you may have guessed by now I am an information gather. I place all that information in the back portions of my thought processes and let it ferment a while. (Making wine now so I gave yeast on the brain today,) lol, sorry.

Any way I don't sleep much anymore (too much goes on in that state of mind for me to get much rest anyways) Sleep is for a tired mind, my mind is never tired, rest is for the body so I spend little time sleeping but around 4 hrs. a night resting. As my mind drifts it works thru and places the new information in a place that makes sense to me to draw conclusions from later. So although I gather I also run that information thru the gambit of hurtles in my thoughts. I know, too much information huh... lol

You see before I began searching out the spirits, they came to me, and still do. So a lot of this is out of my normal ab-normalcies if you get my meaning. lol

I never count myself as an expert to anything for I don't know if anyone can know all about anything.

Yet I learn.

Thanks for the thoughts. Steven Matrix.

Keith

Keith, since spirits come to you, why do you need a reading? I suspect you already know you're very intuitive and the spirits know that and trust you; the biggest hurdle to overcome in my humble opinion.

I'd rather talk with someone like yourself than a so called expert any day. There's no such thing as a paranormal expert anyway. Lol...again, entitled to their own opinion, not their own facts.

I believe, that at the end of the day, spirits respond to the intuitiveness of the person who has come into their space. Intuition is their language [my opinion] and they will act upon that more than they ever will with ghost techy equipment.

Believe me when I tell you that your intuition will bring results. When you get spirits in your photos [and you will], I'd love to see them.

More
07 Oct 2011 01:18 - 02 Nov 2011 11:24 #33 by Keith
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 11:24 by Keith.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven Matrix

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Oct 2011 00:41 #34 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: I have a Question about Orbs.

Keith wrote: I was reading through the responses on the dust in the air post by Steven Matrix and they brought some light to my questions about orbs. Thanks for the information found within your post, Steven and all who answered.

The question I have left to find an answer to is this.

Do the colors of orbs have meaning?

I noted that the times I see the colorless orbs in a given photo on our investigations I recall the area and time and think, I don't remember getting any reads in that place then. Then as I continue with the evidence reviews I note the few times I did get a read and there happen to be an orb it was one of three colors. Orange, Blue or Violet in color. Coincidences?

Thanks for any responses to this question, I appreciate the thoughts.

Keith

That's a good question Keith. I just had a guy send me a photo of orbs that were orange in front of a redwood tree in California. He said they were energy orbs. I myself cannot say for sure. He could be right. Honestly, I don't think anyone on this forum can tell you the meanings of the color of orbs. Any information people get on the subject is either what they hear from others or feel they perceive. It's just like the folks who say they know the bible; you are entitled to your own opinion; you are not entitled to your own facts. Lol.

I've had rare occassions where I photographed orbs outside and in one room; both had multiple orbs but I can't say for sure if there was anything to them. It really doesn't matter as people spend way too much time on the subject of orbs anyway. We can only have an opinion on orbs; when it comes to the facts, we have nada.

If you have enough light in a room, put your camera on a tripod and use the timer on it to take a photo without you touching it. Or, if you have a decent DSLR or a film camera, place them on a tripod and use a remote release to take the photo without touching the camera. I think you'll get something on your photos Keith.

More
07 Oct 2011 00:41 - 02 Nov 2011 11:23 #35 by Keith
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 11:23 by Keith.

More
07 Oct 2011 00:25 #36 by crystalcross
Keith,

Normally colored orbs (especially purple, blue) are caused by "Lens Flare". What happens is that an excess of light from some source often out of the scene makes it into the camera lens. Because of the angle that it is coming from it ends up reflecting inside the complex lens structure, often creating a bright dot. You often see this in videos as the camera moves past the sun, you'll see a row of circles or dots form.

Generally in photography you'll see this when a flash is used. Flashes create such brilliant instantaneous light that it can create a variety of strange effects.

Not sure if you're familiar with something in physics called the coefficient of linear refraction, also known as the refactive index. All materials have one, and it relates to the change in velocity of light within any given medium. This index effects something called the Brewsters angle which is the angle at which light is reflected rather than refracted. In other words for a given material, at some angle light stops going through it and starts bouncing back at the angle it hit the change in surfaces. This is important because that is the basic effect that creates lens flares. Bright light at a angle greater than the Brewsters angle for the "Glass" or other material the lens is made of, starts getting reflected back against the various surfaces of the lens. This is why often you never see the bright object thats causing the reflections.

Sorry for the long boring drawn out explanation...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith

More
07 Oct 2011 00:10 - 02 Nov 2011 11:23 #37 by Keith
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 11:23 by Keith.

Time to create page: 1.473 seconds

Features