Login

Videos

I have a Question about Orbs.

More
10 Oct 2011 02:56 #11 by Keith
Steven, the spirits I see have little to no distortions at least in my eyes. Perhaps if I were to take a picture of them at that moment they could come out different. Those who show themselves to me as in their full form I would never try to get a picture of for I would be afraid it may begin a mistrust between them and I.

Those I search for I have little to no contact with other than knowing we are not alone in this place. Will they ever show me a full view as those use to me? I can only hope.

Trust. That is what is expected of us. In my opinion.

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2011 02:43 #12 by Keith
LadyFlash,

Like so many others we look for concrete proof. I look for proof to show what I already know to be. My eyes have told me all I need to know when it comes to spirits. When they stand before you the need for proof for yourself ends.

I find seeking those spirits on location is like being the stranger who invades your (IE their) Privacy. Sure they may well be curious enough to give us a little evidence of their being there but trust is universal and trust is usually earned.

The spirits easiest to contact are the child spirits. They trust until given a reason not to.

But that's just my mindset and not that of a skeptic. The first real spirit encounter changes all. When we set there in awe and can't even get the words to come out, that is the day we become a firm believer and the proof is for others not for us anymore.

Keith
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyFlash

More
10 Oct 2011 02:16 #13 by LadyFlash
Your post is not boring at all Keith. I am not that familiar with physics, though I will be learning some as my niece is going into a field where it is critical. I'm enjoying all of the different perspectives and thoughts on this forum. I'm learning about things I never knew. As I LOVE to learn, it is feeding my hunger for knowledge.
The orb of light I mentioned was pure white and floating around in front of what appeared to be a wood paneled wall. It was in a dark room at night. It was too big to be a dust particle and was moving in an unusual manner. I would love to know if it was a refraction or relflection of light. It fascinates me none the less.
Keep up the good work. This is a great forum.

More
10 Oct 2011 01:50 #14 by Wes_Forsythe

Steven Matrix wrote: Close the flash on the cheap camera and see what happens I say.

And might I add, that IF you turn off the flash PLEASE set the shutter speed to manual at at least 1/30th or faster or even get a tripod....I spend enough time explaining camera blur to people without having a new crop of 2 second exposures to deal with...lol.

I actually started doing most of my still photography with an IR camera. I am still getting the occasional artifact but at least they are new and interesting artifacts. Lens flare is so much more fun than digital circles of confusion.

More
10 Oct 2011 01:36 #15 by LadyFlash
Keith, I agree. Logic seems to be in very short supply. It's a shame really because you need both logic and intuitiveness where the unknow exists.
Actually Steven, I wasn't referring to pictures of orbs taken by a cheap camera. I was referring to a couple of orbs of lights I saw on a video camera feed used by professional investigators. There may have been a logical explanation to them, but I don't know what it is.
You are probably right about the majority of them being dust, swamp gases or something else that is easily explained. I'm also sure that quite a few are getting caught up in the moment. It's the percentage that are unexplainable that fascinate me.
I like you statement that spirits choose to be seen and photographed. I hadn't thought of that before. It is something to consider.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Oct 2011 01:09 - 10 Oct 2011 01:11 #16 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: I have a Question about Orbs.

Keith wrote:

LadyFlash wrote: It's possible that they are excited and caught up in the moment. Or just don't know what they are looking at. Hard to tell. I try to look at everything from a logical standpoint. Anything I can't put a definitive (sorry, coding background verbage there) explanation on, is unexplained. It's interesting to figure out though. One way or the other.

Logic. When dealing with the unknown Logic is sometimes in short supply. We eliminate what we can and go from there. Who is to say defiantly one way or another. When our naked eyes see an orb is it refracted light? Bugs or swamp gas? The jury is still out to lunch in some cases. LOL

Keith

Well said Keith. When it comes to orbs, 99.9% are the result of excitement in my opinion. That means I get bored with them 99.9% of the time I see them. Lol. If spirits wish to be photographed, you won't need a cheap p & s camera with a flash. In fact, you won't even need a flash.

Spirits, in my opinion, are very intuitive; so they're not surprised if they're in our photos. They know they'll be in the photo before we do because they chose to be. That's why I dismiss orb photos because if a spirit wants to be in the photo, I don't think they'll show up as an orb. Close the flash on the cheap camera and see what happens I say.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2011 01:11 by Steven Matrix.

More
10 Oct 2011 00:32 #17 by Keith

LadyFlash wrote: I think people still believe in orbs, because there is no other explanation for some things. I have seen some things that were pegged as orbs that were clearly dust particles or insects. However I HAVE seen seen video footage of what could only be described as orbs of light. Could there be a logical explanation for them? Possibly, but I am not sure what that would be. It's like the term UFO. Any object flying in the air can be a UFO if you don't know what it is.

UFO. Unidentified Floating Orbs? LOL

Keith

More
10 Oct 2011 00:27 - 02 Nov 2011 11:27 #18 by Keith
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 11:27 by Keith.

More
09 Oct 2011 20:25 #19 by LadyFlash
It's possible that they are excited and caught up in the moment. Or just don't know what they are looking at. Hard to tell. I try to look at everything from a logical standpoint. Anything I can't put a definitive (sorry, coding background verbage there) explanation on, is unexplained. It's interesting to figure out though. One way or the other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith

More
09 Oct 2011 19:57 #20 by RedFyre
Very true.. I've seen orbs that have moved in unnatural ways with intent..those I get.. but not the ones that show up willy nilly.. I used to get so excited - but para experts I know push off most as natural phenomena that gets caught..

I wish there was a disclaimer and a rule that you can't do a close up without the original...

thanks for the post!
Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds

Features