Login

Videos

Dealership - Buffalo, NY

More
03 Jun 2012 14:50 #1 by Lucas
Replied by Lucas on topic Re: Dealership - Buffalo, NY
tnx Moonie.... you just confirmed what I thought.... I'm sure now that I've seen both pictures before :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2012 14:12 #2 by crystalcross
Awesome work Moonie! Nice!

Glad to have another photoshop person on here! :D

More
03 Jun 2012 01:16 #3 by Moonie
Replied by Moonie on topic Re: Dealership - Buffalo, NY
I watched this thread because I just felt the image was off and something was familiar about it. Then Lucas said he seen it somewhere else. So I thought on it and remembered what crystalcross said....

crystalcross wrote: Here's my take on this image.

The first sign of an issue is that there is absolutely no EXIF data. That usually shoots up a red flag. Almost every camera known to man adds EXIF data to a picture. And many image manipulation programs will strip it out. So that sends up an immediate red flag.

So then taking the image under a bit closer look.

1. Look where the hand is, you can see the clear feathered crop line around the hand. It almost makes it look like its holding a ball.
  2. Notice the direction of the light source on the figure. Its not consistent with any of the light cues in the image itself. The figure shows the light coming from the front near the camera, almost as if a flash was used. But in the room you can see no signs of a flash. And the majority of the light is from the right and back.
  3. Finally, notice that the sizing and aspect of the figure would indicate that its located somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd row's of chairs or perhaps even 1st and 2nd. However towards the bottom the fade of the figure overlways even the first row of chairs. That's an inconsistent visual cue.

Because of all these, I would not treat this as a evidencial photograph.

and I though its a photo app...on of those fake ghost ones,,when you use an already existing photo and edit it in the app I believe it strips the data out as well. So I tested it and it does.

I downloaded the app and applied it both ways the app allows you to and neither way gives EXIF data.

added to already taken photo

ghost image taken with photo

Attachments:

More
03 Jun 2012 00:27 #4 by iburyem
exactly what I suspected!

More
03 Jun 2012 00:25 #5 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Good catch Moonie

More
03 Jun 2012 00:21 #6 by Moonie
wont let me attach psd sorry

More
03 Jun 2012 00:18 - 03 Jun 2012 00:20 #7 by Moonie
debunked.psd
I know you believe in your client. Maybe they are testing you. But I think this may be faked... take a look here

I grabbed this image here

When Lucas mentioned he'd seen it somewhere before...I decided to do some searching on mobile photo apps.

Now I pulled it into Photoshop, did a side by side comparison then cropped the mobile app image added contrast and brightness to mimic your photo as close as possible.

I attached the psd as well

debunked.psd

You be the judge....
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jun 2012 00:20 by Moonie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iburyem

More
02 Jun 2012 18:07 #8 by Lucas
Replied by Lucas on topic Re: Dealership - Buffalo, NY
first of all.... i think i have seen this picture before.... somwhere.... and second... It looks like computer made drawing... so... i think this isn't real ghost captured...
The following user(s) said Thank You: iburyem

More
02 Jun 2012 17:54 - 02 Jun 2012 17:55 #9 by iburyem
I look at this photo every once in a while, for being an older cell phone, its resolution is too crisp imo.. also looking at the way the light is shinning in the windows and the angles, I think there would be a pronounced shadow a head of the subject slightly on the wall, substantially darker than than what i am seeing as .. it appears pretty dense in a lot of areas, and that would block light.

It also looks too smooth to me, as in too perfect.. it looks like an airbrush to me.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2012 17:55 by iburyem.

More
01 Jun 2012 00:22 #10 by supposedly
Replied by supposedly on topic Dealership - Buffalo, NY
looks like its holding a cell phone lol :)

Time to create page: 0.734 seconds

Features