Login

Videos

My favorite paranormal TV show

More
06 Jan 2012 17:46 - 06 Jan 2012 18:16 #21 by Peek-A-Boo
The hype seems to be what the public wants :-( the crazier the scene the more they love it, the hell with the truth. The "actors" all have books, personal appearances, hunting equipment, tee shirts, etc for sale. KA CHING $$$$$$
Viewers do not realize that doing EVP or just hunting can be dangerous because your opening the door for anything to come through. You need to be educated and know what to do before trying contact, yelling "JESUS said" will not shield you and can cause even more harm.
Wish we could tell viewers, if you go to a garage sale and buy a Doctor's bag full of everything needed would you then open a practice?
Paula
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 18:16 by Peek-A-Boo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 17:19 #22 by runawaygypsy
It depends on if I'm watching it seriously or not. My absolute favorite was Haunted History... really wish they would bring that one back. If I'm looking for laughs, I watch Ghost Adventures. Yep, it's hyped up, but it's kind of addicting. Paranormal Heroin....
I never really got into Ghost Hunters.
I used to watch Most Haunted and make fun of it.

More
06 Jan 2012 15:04 #23 by kirlybab
I've never heard of that one....

I like Ghost Hunters. Yeah they have given in to the TV hype thing, and they don't have like a sensitive or anything, but I think they might come around to having one on the team as more and more want their help to get the spirit to cross over...

then again myabe not.

Either way, I think that, even if Jason and Grant aren't open to it, one of the others might have a spin off that combines the technical stuff they do with the kind of investigators we like (that can help spirits cross over and things), especially if they start experiencing more of what they can't handle their way...

I hope so.

More
06 Jan 2012 14:20 #24 by Tresses Of Nephthys
It's a shame that's the way it really works.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jan 2012 13:18 - 06 Jan 2012 13:22 #25 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: My favorite paranormal TV show
But Tress, without the drama, you won't:
1) make money
2) reach emotionally driven high school kids and adrenaline junkies
3) have a big following of those consisting of #2
4) get high ratings
5) be considered as "experts" in the field; meaning there'll be no lectures or books to write, which takes us back to #1.
6) be able to script every show exactly how you want to get people to turn the tv on to your channel to watch you week in and week out.
7) be able to fill a 60 minute time slot

8) be able to give yourself a pat on the back and tell each other how well you did so you can prepare people to watch you the following week so steps 1-8 can start all over again.

I ask you, without drama, where would you be? NOWHEREVILLE.

BTW, #8 is not supposed to have a smiley face; it's #8.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 13:22 by Steven Matrix.

More
06 Jan 2012 08:28 #26 by HauntedSomerset
I've seen a few episodes of this and thought that they seemed pretty genuine without all of the over the top drama.

I like whenever a haunting can be matched up with some sort of factual history and from what I remember about this show, they usually tied some in.

More
06 Jan 2012 04:57 #27 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Well, we've been talking a lot lately about what we don't like about the most popular paranormal TV shows, namely that it's a lot of drama, a lot of smoke and mirrors, and most importantly, they aren't really helping anyone, especially the spirits.

The Rescue Mediums was a TV show featuring two British psychics living in Canada. This TV show was everything that the current shows aren't. They're sole purpose was to go in and cross over spirits. This show isn't on anymore, and frankly, being stuck over on the WE network probably didn't help them.

So here's a random episode if you have time to watch. This is just a random one I picked out but there's lots more over on YouTube.

Enjoy!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven Matrix

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Features