Login

Videos

My favorite paranormal TV show

More
12 Jan 2012 00:08 #1 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I was watching some show today (forget which one) but what struck me about the lady telling the story was when she referred to tape recording, she called it "documentation" rather than "gathering evidence." I think I like that term a little better. Makes the spirits sound less like criminals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2012 18:06 #2 by channelpirate
I think the realtity is that all tv shows have to be entertaining and that's the compromise. One of our group worked on Most Haunted and I think the comments about later series are justified. That said, we investigated a couple of places they had been to and did record some activity. So even if evidence was faked for entertainment it doesn't mean there aren't spirits there does it? Also what about the contribution shows like this make i.e. the more people get interested the more chance that we could move this all forward.

I also think that we should be obejctive from the other side. That is about spirits, demnons and possessions etc. We don't have to go back too far to a time when ouija boards were sold for entertainment and, while i'm sure somebody lost their mind, became possessed etc I don't see evidence of thousands of people being sectioned as a result of using the boards. I think rather that the church was more responsibible for this fear since, if you can talk to your dead relatives you don't need a priest do you?

Now I'm not saying that people do not get 'possessed' but I think the alarms are over rated. I never use 'protection' on investigations but then I do not have a religeon that I belong to, although I do believe in the afterlife based upon my experiences on investigations.

In my youth I studied religeons, the occult etc and was once given a really good piece of advice. He described the astral plane as the Plane of Illusion and said that I would find there whatever I was expecting to find. ergo if i fear being possessed by a demon then I might well be.

If anyone knows of a place in the UK that they feel genuinely has a demon then please let me know as I would like to go there and investigate

More
08 Jan 2012 15:00 #3 by Janatnotts
I am sure there must be somewhere you can watch them on line but it was a number of years ago (2006 I think) that the series first aired on ITV. I think you can buy the DVD of the series on Amazon for only a few pounds. I did find a few clips from the programme on the following link if thats any help Home - OVGuide

More
08 Jan 2012 14:58 #4 by Janatnotts
I am sure there must be somewhere you can watch them on line but it was a number of years ago (2006 I think) that the series first aired on ITV. I think you can buy the DVD of the series on Amazon for only a few pounds. x

More
08 Jan 2012 14:33 #5 by kellie2811
I have never heard of that one haunted homes sounds really good, do you know if i can watch them online?
I defo agree with you about most haunted did my head in as well with them all screaming or running off the min they heard a little noise i also stopped watching it and started watching ghost hunters.x

More
08 Jan 2012 14:16 #6 by Janatnotts
I used to watch Most Haunted but had to stop as could not cope with the way they jumped and screamed at every little noise. I find Ghost Hunters a welcome change as they don't get jumpy if they hear a noise. They just try to find out what made it in a calm and collected manner. I always think its a pity though that they don't have a medium with them to cross over any possible spirits. Seems like most of these spirits are not evil they just want to get our attention and maybe they are just lost and need help to move on. Has anyone seen a programme called Haunted Homes with the medium Mia Dolan. She only did two series but it was fabulous. Think it was only shown in England though!

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jan 2012 02:55 #7 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: My favorite paranormal TV show

crystalcross wrote: I remember that show as well, I used to love that show. Watched it all the time. It was the first show that I saw that actually focused on helping the spirits. If they're out there on Twitter watching, I would really love it if they could make an appearance here. You would be VERY welcomed.

It's a breath of fresh air when you hear about people like this isn't it?

I'm more interested, as I know you are CC; in a reputation that's known for helping others, those present and in spirit. People like Amy and Steve are an example to us all if that's where their intent was. Bravo.

More
08 Jan 2012 02:15 #8 by crystalcross
I remember that show as well, I used to love that show. Watched it all the time. It was the first show that I saw that actually focused on helping the spirits. If they're out there on Twitter watching, I would really love it if they could make an appearance here. You would be VERY welcomed.

More
08 Jan 2012 00:16 #9 by Ghastly Girl
Oh yes! I had forgotten about that one. I really enjoy that show...it is such an interesting approach to an investigation.

More
07 Jan 2012 20:33 #10 by Peek-A-Boo
I do enjoy The Dead Files, with medium Amy Allan and retired NYPD homicide detective Steve Di Schiavi. I have know Steve for many years, way before he started teaming up with Amy or had anything to do with the paranormal, he's as serious as a heart attack person.
Amy has a proven and tested track record and in my opinion wouldn't BS just for ratings, but again, just my opinion :-)
As far as taunting spirits, all I can say is WTF, are they looking for trouble? Dumb as dirt move

Time to create page: 4.882 seconds

Features