Login

Videos

"Ghost Hunting" is not a Fade or a Game

More
21 Dec 2011 19:27 #31 by Peek-A-Boo
Newbies must be taught that knowledge is a weapon and must remember- fools rush in where Angels fear to tread.
People must be educated to the fact that ghosts, spirits, demons and any other entity can attach themselves to you and follow you home. They need to keep in mind and be open to the fact that if there are good spirits, then there are bad ones as well. Most times the evil entity starts out claiming to be the spirit of a deceased person or someone that died tragically. This way the evil spirit can sucker the unsuspecting ghost hunters into believing that they are helping a spirit by communicating with it. This gives the demonic or negative being more energy to manifest into something that the unsuspecting did not count on. The act in itself is to trick you into thinking it is friendly, and this can go on for some time, or at least until the negative entity or demonic force feels that it has your full trust.
I believe it is our duty to educate the public in the dangers that exist when investigating the paranormal. Anyone can grab a recorder, ask a question and get a response. If you do not know how to protect yourself, anyone can have their lives turned upside down by unseen forces.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2011 18:28 #32 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
To me ghost hunting is when you and a bunch of people go to a place
maybe with a camera or not just to see what you can find.
you're really not looking for anything in particlar instead its more
about the fun of the hunt.
with Paranormal Investigation it;s quite different.you go in with a
plan you want results.by applying a scientific approach you hope to
find answers.

More
21 Dec 2011 15:14 #33 by crystalcross
I personally think that's where our role and the role of this site comes into play. I don't think we should be discouraging others from investigating, but rather encouraging them to do so properly.

If we have a fear that others will go out there and pollute the ethereal landscape, then its our responsibility to promote and teach those who are hungry to learn.

You can never stop those who are just paranormal tourists, and out for a cheap thrill. Because they won't really care to learn. But this right here is your opportunity to teach those who are willing.

Rather than discouraging newcomers from it, remember that we all started out once. We have a large forum here, we have a great reservoir or knowledge right here. And we also have the eye of many of those who are first starting out. Why not put all that to use and teach, instruct, and inform instead. After all, its easier to steer running water than it is to try to stop it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: irisheyes1223, jr244888

More
21 Dec 2011 08:00 #34 by jr244888
I'm in the same boat as you are Brittany, I have a group of friends like that too, even though I have always been interested in paranormal investigating. I think ppl need to know before they get involved that this field is and never was a joke, and exactly how dangerous it can get sometimes. Investigators put alot of time and effort and in most cases, funding into these investigations and it can be quite exhausting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe, Peek-A-Boo, Brittany_Elaine

More
21 Dec 2011 07:02 #35 by zeptember
I think that people that have the most experience should be in this, and the one's that are doing this for fun I know don't take serious should either get taught or leave it alone.. I've been seeing stuff and hearing people and noises since 3 and I still need to be taught, I would love to be taught, as my ma told me to take lessons get it stronger but who to trust..yes I do agree with you..:)

More
21 Dec 2011 06:36 #36 by Brittany_Elaine
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Has me very concerned!! I have been into this ever since i was a child. My mother died when I was little and I've been hearing things forever. Thinking it may relate to her (Her urn is in my room). However, lately as i have been speaking to my friends about taking more classes, or investigating my own things more; suddenly all my friends who used to be TERRIFIED of what i spoke of for all those years, suddenly want to join me and put it all on YouTube. :ohmy: They ask me while they are giggling and joking about entities, and how cool the teams on TV are. They have NEVER been interested in this. Not my whole lifetime. They always thought i was so weird. and now it's "the cool thing." It infuriates me . This is not a joke, or play time. It's much more serious than that. And they can stir up things they don't even realize. I definitely agree with you! :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe, Peek-A-Boo

More
21 Dec 2011 04:03 - 22 Dec 2011 03:12 #37 by Peek-A-Boo
Does anyone here have any concerns over the way many people are taking Ghost hunting as the new cool thing to do? I have the fear that disrespect will be rampart and conjuring up the unwanted will be overwhelming. Ghost hunting kits are sold all over the place and are selling like the old metal finders did. What do you think? :unsure:
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 03:12 by Peek-A-Boo.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds

Features