Login

Videos

Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

More
26 Sep 2011 12:41 #51 by Wes_Forsythe
John does have a good reputation amongst us (though there are plenty who would disagree).

He has been doing the haunted item thing for a long time so I will allow for the sake of arguement that he is sincere and occasionally accurate. My problem is that while I believe in attachments I tend to think that a spirit is more often than not attached to a place, event, or even a person(s). I do believe I have encountered one that was attached to a kitchen cabinet (seriously) once.

Maybe the show is highly "cherry picked" as to which locations they show us, but I do not believe at this point based on my own experience that object attachment applies to a majority of hauntings as the show would lead one to believe.

But, and I AM NO EXPERT ON THIS, the only thing a glass lid is going to do is keep an object dust free. I mean the ghosts aren't "living" in the objects like Genies are they?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2011 07:08 #52 by amoonwolfe
John Zaffis is a stellar demonologist-too bad he got hooked up with such a total turkey of a show. hey, dude, this Fender Strat is, um.....uh....haunted. I'll just take it out of your house and put it in my, er.....museum and your "problem" should vanish. Yeah, right, sure......ugh.

More
26 Sep 2011 01:51 #53 by mistressmyra
I think I remember one episode where they explained their specially designed Haunted Item Storage Cases (R) that look exactly like the cake displays at my local diner.

I've made the point to several people about taking a suspected haunted item home and placing it with hundreds of other haunted items in my cellar . . .

"You can't fool me cuz I'm a moron!"

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Sep 2011 01:43 - 26 Sep 2011 01:44 #54 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Oh this bottle of rum in your cabinet is haunted by the ghost of Captain Morgan himself. You see, his ghostly image is right here on the label. I'm going to have to take it and put it in my museum as well.

My god, I've never seen the high EMF readings as I'm getting from your haunted Bose stereo system. You really should do something about that. I'm here to help and will remove it for you. Duh.

Anyway, the thing I noticed is that if there is an item which has "haunting issues"; I guess all of that will stop when the collector takes it to his cave right? Wrong. They neglect to tell the viewers that and if the guy knows anything, he shouldn't be taking it home. Another duh.

“Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here.” J.T. Kirk
Last edit: 26 Sep 2011 01:44 by Steven Matrix.

More
26 Sep 2011 01:36 #55 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Oh this bottle of rum in your cabinet is haunted by the ghost of Captain Morgan himself. You see, his ghostly image is right here on the label. I'm going to have to take it and put it in my museum as well.

More
26 Sep 2011 01:20 #56 by mistressmyra
Yes, that was my point exactly! He see's something he likes and "That big screen TV is totally haunted. I'll take it off your hands and put it in my 'Museum', which just also happens to be my 'man cave'." :P

More
26 Sep 2011 01:17 #57 by Tresses Of Nephthys

tyrstag wrote: Haunted Collector . . . I hate that show. Their "evidence" is some of the worst on TV.

I honestly think they just see something cool that they like and voila! There's evidence that that is what's causing all the problems.

Like the episode in the west. NM I think? There was a bar that was having problems. They found a dynamite detonator that was giving off high EMF, so that was the haunted item. Just the tiniest bit of research would have told them that a Plunger style Detonator is FULL of magnets. Of course it's going to give off EMF!

That show confuses me too, but not even from a paranormal perspective. So he locates these items and then takes them off the hands of the previous owners...does he actually pay for them? That part (from the couple of episodes I've seen) doesn't seem clear. Sounds like a good scam he's got going on if he is not paying, but just going in there and claiming items are haunted so he can take them lol.

More
26 Sep 2011 01:10 - 26 Sep 2011 01:13 #58 by mistressmyra
I've heard that too and I just don't understand it.
Last edit: 26 Sep 2011 01:13 by mistressmyra. Reason: Too not tool. :-)

More
26 Sep 2011 01:08 #59 by zookeeper
Haunted collector has me confused. My first impression was I hated the show. Then I found out the paranormal community looks up to him as one of the best demonologist there is... So i dont know what to think...

tyrstag wrote: Haunted Collector . . . I hate that show. Their "evidence" is some of the worst on TV.

I honestly think they just see something cool that they like and voila! There's evidence that that is what's causing all the problems.

Like the episode in the west. NM I think? There was a bar that was having problems. They found a dynamite detonator that was giving off high EMF, so that was the haunted item. Just the tiniest bit of research would have told them that a Plunger style Detonator is FULL of magnets. Of course it's going to give off EMF!

More
26 Sep 2011 00:58 #60 by mistressmyra
Haunted Collector . . . I hate that show. Their "evidence" is some of the worst on TV.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds

Features