Login

Videos

Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

More
27 Sep 2011 01:01 #31 by Wes_Forsythe
I quote "While I don't know John and am not in your type of circle Wes, I would like to know how he got a "good reputation". I've seen similar instances where people say others have a good reputation and brag on another's platform. My question is "Who says so?" I would have to disagree that he's a good demonologist [at this time anyway] as who has the proof that he is? Nobody."

Just sorta sounded that way. Maybe I read it wrong. That why I asked for the clarification.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2011 00:56 #32 by mistressmyra
I don't believe anyone said you were in error, or that you were defending Zaffis. We're just continuing the discussion.

More
27 Sep 2011 00:52 #33 by mistressmyra

osty wrote: Just to add, ghosting can also happen as kind of a bleed through if you record on both sides of the tape. So when you record just use one side of the tape.

It can be really creepy sounding then, because it will be playing backwards.

More
27 Sep 2011 00:51 #34 by Amanda_O

Steven Matrix wrote: Well said Pete. Since the real meaning of the word "demonologist" changed, people can make it whatever they want to today to go with whatever agenda they may have.

It seems to me that the meaning was changed to maybe keep people from discovering the truth; meaning that what was known as "supernatural" was probably more "natural". That's one of the reasons we exist here; to discover hidden truths.

I have to agree. Virtually every period of mankind's history is riddled with forms of entities that were either benevolent or hostile to them. They've apparently been around as long as mankind..probably longer. I don't do the whole religion thing because I understand that to be a man made construct. It's a way that a group of people perhaps perceive and believe in the divine but that does NOT make it FACT.
I get really put out with so-called 'experts' making claims they're going to clean it all up. The funny thing is I never hear a follow up story. I do believe that there are evil entities, demons, diamons, djinn..whatever you want to call them out there. I also believe that at the end of the day we are no closer to really knowing what they are and what they are really doing. I believe providing we don't blow ourselves up we may just learn what these beings are and what roll they play in the grand scheme of things
The following user(s) said Thank You: mistressmyra

More
27 Sep 2011 00:50 #35 by Wes_Forsythe
I am sorry...did that come across as a defense of Zaffis?

Granted, depending on your particular school of thought (I was admittedly referring to the people that I have met in the field - small sampling) he might be regarded as a moon-bat, charlatan, (insert word of your choice here). I just meant that a lot of people like him and listen to what he has to say. That's all. He is not some fringe element that only a few have heard of whether that is good or bad.

My post then went on to say that I disagree with him on several points. Those are just my opinions and I hope that was clear. I state that I believe in object attachments, but that I think they are not any more common than other types of attachments. His show makes it sound like most hauntings have that basis and I disagree. Once again...just an opinion.

He claims the title demonologist. That is not part of my studies so I tend to keep my opinions on that very limited. Yes, I believe in them. Yes, they respond to religeous ceremony whether by divinity or by intent. No, they are not common. Once again those are opinions.

So where was my error?

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Sep 2011 00:38 #36 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence
Well said Pete. Since the real meaning of the word "demonologist" changed, people can make it whatever they want to today to go with whatever agenda they may have.

It seems to me that the meaning was changed to maybe keep people from discovering the truth; meaning that what was known as "supernatural" was probably more "natural". That's one of the reasons we exist here; to discover hidden truths.

More
27 Sep 2011 00:36 #37 by osty

tyrstag wrote:

Angelina_Rose1 wrote: I don't think I would bring stuff home either, that's all I need is the dead nuts running around my home, I like to use old recorders like the one I have is a COBY cassette recorder, when I went to the cemetery to see my ma I asked a few questions it was day they close at night, and all I got was knocking sounds, had to turn it off at times there next to the Burbank airport, but the knocking was kind of creepy, no voices but I think that a recorder old fashion works just fine than digital but then that is me. I want to go again soon and when I do I usually leave the recorder there recording and I go walking around the cemetery, when I do I will see if I can download it it being a old recorder and all..:unsure:

If you're going to use an analog tape recorder, just make sure you change the tapes regularly. Old tapes MAY not completely erase and what may sound like an EVP could be an old recording that wasn't completely erased. Kind of like a double exposure on a film camera.

Interestingly, the technical term for hearing an old recording under a new recording is called "Ghosting". ;)

Just to add, ghosting can also happen as kind of a bleed through if you record on both sides of the tape. So when you record just use one side of the tape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mistressmyra

More
27 Sep 2011 00:33 #38 by zeptember
wow this was well said, I do agree that people can't make demons go, they are angels and mankind they laugh at, but you said it well:) I did read in a book I can't think of it but it said only God,, St. Micheal, Angel of Death can get rid of Demon s and the dead that are a pain to us all, darn can't think of the book , but I do like the show but a little hard believing items can be haunted, I have allot of old stuff I got at an antique place and I'm lucky so far but it does make me think now if I should get anything I see and like.

More
27 Sep 2011 00:31 #39 by mistressmyra

Steven Matrix wrote:

Wes_Forsythe wrote: John does have a good reputation amongst us (though there are plenty who would disagree).

I've found [according to one site, which lifted the person's platform first] that a demonologist is involved with religion [something I left after 20 years] and due to that religion's chief figure, they have power over demons. I will not go into religion so as not to offend; but the reality of it is that no group of people has any power over the spirits called demons more than anyone else. How do you know Matrix? Because we are all entitled to our own opinions; we are not however entitled to our own facts, regardless of how much "written" information exists about those who want the masses to believe their legitimacy.

I think this field, like everything else, could be more legit if some would leave the titles/egos at the front door.

Just one man's opinion.

I agree with you 100%, I hate the term "Demonologist". The original meaning of "Daimon" was "Divine Power" or what we would now call "Super Natural". It didn't come to mean Evil until somewhere around the time of the inquisition and burning times.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven Matrix, Tresses Of Nephthys

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Sep 2011 00:21 #40 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

Wes_Forsythe wrote: John does have a good reputation amongst us (though there are plenty who would disagree).

He has been doing the haunted item thing for a long time so I will allow for the sake of arguement that he is sincere and occasionally accurate. My problem is that while I believe in attachments I tend to think that a spirit is more often than not attached to a place, event, or even a person(s). I do believe I have encountered one that was attached to a kitchen cabinet (seriously) once.

Maybe the show is highly "cherry picked" as to which locations they show us, but I do not believe at this point based on my own experience that object attachment applies to a majority of hauntings as the show would lead one to believe.

But, and I AM NO EXPERT ON THIS, the only thing a glass lid is going to do is keep an object dust free. I mean the ghosts aren't "living" in the objects like Genies are they?

I personally know of a person who was told to get rid of a beautiful chair they had as there was something attached to it. They didn't want to get rid of it and took it to their dad's house . Anyway, when she took the chair to her father's house, all of the clocks in the house stopped.

I don't know how common it is for a spirit to be attached to an object; but after this incident, I'm also convinced that it happens at least at times.

While I don't know John and am not in your type of circle Wes, I would like to know how he got a "good reputation". I've seen similar instances where people say others have a good reputation and brag on another's platform. My question is "Who says so?" I would have to disagree that he's a good demonologist [at this time anyway] as who has the proof that he is? Nobody.

I've found [according to one site, which lifted the person's platform first] that a demonologist is involved with religion [something I left after 20 years] and due to that religion's chief figure, they have power over demons. I will not go into religion so as not to offend; but the reality of it is that no group of people has any power over the spirits called demons more than anyone else. How do you know Matrix? Because we are all entitled to our own opinions; we are not however entitled to our own facts, regardless of how much "written" information exists about those who want the masses to believe their legitimacy.

I think this field, like everything else, could be more legit if some would leave the titles/egos at the front door.

Just one man's opinion.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Features