Login

Videos

Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

More
27 Sep 2011 20:49 #21 by Amanda_O
I was actually focused not so much on 'type' or 'kind' but more as how whatever may present it's self.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2011 20:34 #22 by mistressmyra

Amanda_O wrote:

tyrstag wrote: I don't believe in Demons per se. I think there are spirits or energies, maybe they are good, maybe not. But just like a wild animal isn't "evil" if it attacks a human, this particular energy isn't evil, it just "Does what it does".

Then again, I could be wrong. :D

I personally think if you look at people then you maybe can see what may be out there or here or whatever they may be. You have everything from Mother Theresa to Charles Manson...why wouldn't spirits be the same in a way? Just because I encounter a person that makes me uneasy that doesn't make them evil.

Well, I think there are SOME people who were truly evil. Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussein. I don't think I'd want to run into any of those spirits.

But I also think some spirits were never "People". Those are the ones I was talking about. They probably have their own more's and morals. If they were never human, they wouldn't know what makes us human, just as we can never know what they "Feel" about anything. What we term as evil, they may consider normal.

More
27 Sep 2011 19:45 #23 by Amanda_O

tyrstag wrote: I don't believe in Demons per se. I think there are spirits or energies, maybe they are good, maybe not. But just like a wild animal isn't "evil" if it attacks a human, this particular energy isn't evil, it just "Does what it does".

I personally think if you look at people then you maybe can see what may be out there or here or whatever they may be. You have everything from Mother Theresa to Charles Manson...why wouldn't spirits be the same in a way? Just because I encounter a person that makes me uneasy that doesn't make them evil.

More
27 Sep 2011 02:28 #24 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I agree, don't like using the name "Demon" and don't really believe in them. Dark, negative, tortured souls, yes.

More
27 Sep 2011 01:39 #25 by mistressmyra
I don't believe in Demons per se. I think there are spirits or energies, maybe they are good, maybe not. But just like a wild animal isn't "evil" if it attacks a human, this particular energy isn't evil, it just "Does what it does".

More
27 Sep 2011 01:38 #26 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Wes_Forsythe wrote: Now we can have a discussion...lol.

My belief is that not all "dark" entities are demons by the way. Plenty of human spirits are evil I suspect. And there is a lot of earthy elemental stuff that I know nothing about.

I think you've got a point and I think Demon has become a catch-all term for all things dark, without qualifying any of it.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Sep 2011 01:24 #27 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

Wes_Forsythe wrote: Now we can have a discussion...lol.

My belief is that not all "dark" entities are demons by the way. Plenty of human spirits are evil I suspect. And there is a lot of earthy elemental stuff that I know nothing about.

Agreed. I think we can all agree that there's more that we don't know than what we do.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Sep 2011 01:16 #28 by Steven Matrix

Amanda_O wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote: Well said Pete. Since the real meaning of the word "demonologist" changed, people can make it whatever they want to today to go with whatever agenda they may have.

It seems to me that the meaning was changed to maybe keep people from discovering the truth; meaning that what was known as "supernatural" was probably more "natural". That's one of the reasons we exist here; to discover hidden truths.

I have to agree. Virtually every period of mankind's history is riddled with forms of entities that were either benevolent or hostile to them. They've apparently been around as long as mankind..probably longer. I don't do the whole religion thing because I understand that to be a man made construct. It's a way that a group of people perhaps perceive and believe in the divine but that does NOT make it FACT.

I get really put out with so-called 'experts' making claims they're going to clean it all up. The funny thing is I never hear a follow up story.

You know why man constructed it? Control and cha-ching [$$$]. You won't hear a follow up story. They have to keep repeating their claims so the money will keep rolling in. Lol.

More
27 Sep 2011 01:10 #29 by Wes_Forsythe
Now we can have a discussion...lol.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Sep 2011 01:04 #30 by Steven Matrix

Wes_Forsythe wrote: I am sorry...did that come across as a defense of Zaffis?

Granted, depending on your particular school of thought (I was admittedly referring to the people that I have met in the field - small sampling) he might be regarded as a moon-bat, charlatan, (insert word of your choice here). I just meant that a lot of people like him and listen to what he has to say. That's all. He is not some fringe element that only a few have heard of whether that is good or bad.

My post then went on to say that I disagree with him on several points. Those are just my opinions and I hope that was clear. I state that I believe in object attachments, but that I think they are not any more common than other types of attachments. His show makes it sound like most hauntings have that basis and I disagree. Once again...just an opinion.

He claims the title demonologist. That is not part of my studies so I tend to keep my opinions on that very limited. Yes, I believe in them. Yes, they respond to religeous ceremony whether by divinity or by intent. No, they are not common. Once again those are opinions.

So where was my error?

Error? I see no errors in your post Wes. You said that in your field John is respected. I was responding to "those in your field"; not you per se. You never came across as defending him. Maybe I was a little strong and I apologize if I was.

I do believe in dark entities. I don't refer to them as demons as I stay as far from religious terms as I can; only because it is part of my journey's past. As far as them responding to religious ceremonies; I would have to say that anything that the catholic church has to say about their power over spirits I will dismiss [a whole other subject in itself]. I completely agree however about the intent. Couldn't we just do without the titles though? Lol.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds

Features