Login

Videos

Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Sep 2011 23:19 - 27 Sep 2011 23:21 #11 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

Amanda_O wrote: I don't think that reading those accounts, understanding as best one can the ways of the people when and where ever those accounts are given, is a waist of time or doesn't count.

There is nothing wrong with reading up on those things if you are compelled to do so; however, studying it for countless hours and parroting what has been read will not make one an expert. It makes them well read. Lol.

I'll go back to your original statement; "there is no such thing as an expert..." I agree.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2011 23:21 by Steven Matrix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2011 23:11 #12 by Amanda_O
I think if we look at various things we all see a similar pattern. How we interpret those things will depend heavily on what influences (good,bad or indifferent) that spiritual/religious exposures and experiences we have had. I have always found it interesting that if you read stories (or if 'investigate anecdotal evidence' is more your thing) no matter where in the world the story is from there is, according to it's type, definitive commonalities. Most, not all, have some kind of vampire accounts, lady in white accounts, death by suicide, mother grieving for still born or dead child, death by violence..well you get the idea. These sorts of accounts, and even a lot of common behavioral elements are found within all no matter if it is European, Chinese or what have you. Sure there are differences but the core of the story is there.
I don't think that reading those accounts, understanding as best one can the ways of the people when and where ever those accounts are given, is a waist of time or doesn't count.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Sep 2011 22:52 #13 by Steven Matrix

Amanda_O wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote:

Amanda_O wrote:

tyrstag wrote:

Amanda_O wrote: I was actually focused not so much on 'type' or 'kind' but more as how whatever may present it's self.

I understand what you're saying.

I'm splitting them into my own types. Spirits that were once human, which should share our morals, so I would call them good or evil.

And those that were never human, therefore don't share our morals. The ones I would compare to wild animals, neither good or evil.

Although my wife says that animals are inherently good and humans evil because animals won't screw each other over for money . . .

She may have a point there....... Seriously..I may have a negative experience..even a frightening one but I don't readily call too much evil. I think at the end of the day that whatever these spirits are (and older spirits from times long past or other parts of the world may not share the same morals..so even the good/evil thing goes out the window for me there too) or aren't is a very long way from being understood. I think maybe sometimes two worlds collide, each trying to exert it's right to exist..and if that has even a grain of truth with it, then who's world is good and who's is evil?

Well said by both. But what about the experts and what they say? You two cannot argue with the all knowing experts and what they say reality is. They say they've been experts for how many years and how many people believe they're experts?

Without drama, where would the experts all be? You free thinkers just mess everything up. Lol.

"A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker, a raving lunatic." --Dresden James

Oh Garsh oh Darn WTH was I thinkin? Seriously there is no such thing as an expert in my opinion. Even demonologists study from a theological point of view..going in with an assumption that this being is evil because it's harming people. Kinda like hunters think wolves are evil for eating chickens..I think it's more perspective and less good and evil. Speaking of free thinking...what makes us as a species assume we are the be all to end all? If something invisible can indeed hurl furniture, possess people, make smells come out of nowhere and know information that there is no ordinary way 'it' could know..does that really make us the highest thing in the realm???

We are the be all to end all because we've been programmed to think we are.

You are correct, at the very least in regards to the spiritual and the paranormal; there is no such thing as an expert. People study for countless hours, parroting what someone else has said; then they, in our society of followers, classify themselves as experts; when in reality, they are the experts in the knowledge of nothing.

More
27 Sep 2011 22:41 #14 by osty
There are other fields where experts disagree. Look at the concept of concepts of space where big bang was argued out for years until finally it was observed in another distant galaxy. I think we will see the same in paranormal studies, as video quality improve and other equipment is researched in the field I think some of these experts will have to rethink their ideas. Such is the way of any scientific study!

More
27 Sep 2011 22:36 #15 by Amanda_O

TressesOfNephthys wrote:

Wes_Forsythe wrote: Now we can have a discussion...lol.

My belief is that not all "dark" entities are demons by the way. Plenty of human spirits are evil I suspect. And there is a lot of earthy elemental stuff that I know nothing about.

I think you've got a point and I think Demon has become a catch-all term for all things dark, without qualifying any of it.

I agree and I think that the whole demon hunter thing from what I've seen is the latest craze. I especially love the fact the go around with a huge ego and plastic bottle of holy water...

More
27 Sep 2011 22:31 #16 by Amanda_O

Steven Matrix wrote:

Amanda_O wrote:

tyrstag wrote:

Amanda_O wrote: I was actually focused not so much on 'type' or 'kind' but more as how whatever may present it's self.

I'm splitting them into my own types. Spirits that were once human, which should share our morals, so I would call them good or evil.

And those that were never human, therefore don't share our morals. The ones I would compare to wild animals, neither good or evil.

Although my wife says that animals are inherently good and humans evil because animals won't screw each other over for money . . .

She may have a point there....... Seriously..I may have a negative experience..even a frightening one but I don't readily call too much evil. I think at the end of the day that whatever these spirits are (and older spirits from times long past or other parts of the world may not share the same morals..so even the good/evil thing goes out the window for me there too) or aren't is a very long way from being understood. I think maybe sometimes two worlds collide, each trying to exert it's right to exist..and if that has even a grain of truth with it, then who's world is good and who's is evil?

Well said by both. But what about the experts and what they say? You two cannot argue with the all knowing experts and what they say reality is. They say they've been experts for how many years and how many people believe they're experts?

Without drama, where would the experts all be? You free thinkers just mess everything up. Lol.

"A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker, a raving lunatic." --Dresden James

Oh Garsh oh Darn WTH was I thinkin? Seriously there is no such thing as an expert in my opinion. Even demonologists study from a theological point of view..going in with an assumption that this being is evil because it's harming people. Kinda like hunters think wolves are evil for eating chickens..I think it's more perspective and less good and evil. Speaking of free thinking...what makes us as a species assume we are the be all to end all? If something invisible can indeed hurl furniture, possess people, make smells come out of nowhere and know information that there is no ordinary way 'it' could know..does that really make us the highest thing in the realm???

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Sep 2011 22:08 #17 by Steven Matrix

Amanda_O wrote:

tyrstag wrote:

More
27 Sep 2011 21:55 #18 by mistressmyra
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amanda_O

More
27 Sep 2011 21:44 #19 by Amanda_O

tyrstag wrote:

The following user(s) said Thank You: mistressmyra

More
27 Sep 2011 21:00 #20 by mistressmyra

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds

Features