Login

Videos

Haunted places charging paranormal groups

More
15 Apr 2012 01:51 #31 by crystalcross
As always I'm kind in the middle of this discussion. On the one hand I do believe that much of the activity we're seeing in the form of charging for admission to "Haunted" locations is very much like pimping out the paranormal.

But on the other hand, I think there are locations which charge for entrance, which really have a true reason to do so. One that immediately comes to mind is Waverly Sanatorium. You have to consider that a location such as that was originally condemned. There is a considerable amount of up-keep, and someone has to pay for that.

The same would hold true for a castle, or other dedicated location that is being kept open and maintained strictly so that other paranormal groups can investigate there.

On the other hand locations which were and are open anyway, and have little to no extra expense to let groups come in.. should not be charging. A hotel should charge just the standard room rental fees.

I don't think I personally can make a blanket statement of whether its right or wrong to charge. Just as much as we don't expect places to charge for others to investigate, we also can't expect them to do so and absorb the associated expenses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JanetP1507

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2012 00:46 #32 by becky_ncps
Agree with ghostman and Steven in this subject

More
14 Apr 2012 22:52 #33 by ghostman50
Couldn't agree with you more Steven

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Apr 2012 22:44 #34 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Haunted places charging paranormal groups
There's too many places in this country and across the globe that have paranormal activity. Charging people to come in and investigate is a form of pimping in my book.

I just got word of a place here in Florida where a paranormal group went in and said it had more activity than any place they had been to. And...it's free.

More
14 Apr 2012 21:04 #35 by iburyem
lol when has capitalization not been a part of American history.. lol, people have their hands out everywhere.

I personally will NOT pay to investigate... this area is soooo active anyhow.

More
14 Apr 2012 20:13 #36 by ghostman50
guess its like winning the lottery you have to take a chance lol i think the people that go to these places watch these shows on tv say to them selves yep has to be haunted i want to go there lol then when theye get there dont experience anything they want there money back there are some out there that think ghost come out on cue thats why i find it hard to believe when people say well i catch evps every day or this or that lol if that was the case they could profit from that i could see the sign now 5 dollars all the evps and ghost ya want we gurantee it lol sometimes it might take me weeks or months to get something solid that i would present as being paranormal

More
14 Apr 2012 20:01 #37 by Peek-A-Boo
in your experience, what is the climate amongst the people that pay to join the investigation for let's say $150.00 per and nothing happens?

More
14 Apr 2012 19:56 #38 by ghostman50
at some point people will get tired of ghost hunting in these places because they been there so much then what happends they will tear it down for new condos lol but honestly there are hundreds of places out there that yet has been investagted might take time to find them but worth it in the long run

More
14 Apr 2012 19:51 #39 by iburyem
dont forget the insurance per person as well!

I understand it from the view point, they let everyone else do their advertising, and once they got enough confirmations they decided to charge people to "experience the experience"

I think its cool they are trying to preserve these places ( although some they do little in preservation :( ) Through allowing people to "hunt" there, although I think they should make it far less if you want to host a group or public hunt, as the word gets out more will want to investigate, hence they will still be racking in the dough..

sometimes its all about the Benjamin's

More
14 Apr 2012 19:42 #40 by ghostman50
Years ago you could go into a place with permission and investigate without having to pay some crazy price now days if you really want to go to a haunted location with known activity you better hold a fund raiser lol ill use waverly hills as an example this is a paranormal playground but for the investagtor you better have 150.00 per person and a 6 hour limit just wanted to know how you all feel about these kinds of places making profit then you have all the ghost shows on tv you think they pay for investagting these places i would think not because its free advertisment for them then they want you to think you have to go out and buy all the latest top dollar equipment and if your a serious investagtor like me you know thats not true because with a 25 dollar voice recorder from walmart i can catch the same evps lol it seems like this feild is all about money now and its just too bad i would rather go into a uncharted place thats haunted then have someone holding there hand out for the check before i got started this is just my view what about you all .

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds

Features