Login

Considering the Paranormal shows on TV

More
08 Apr 2012 01:57 - 08 Apr 2012 02:03 #11 by ShadowWolf
i agree. Zak Bagans needs some Adderall for his ADHD lol.. i think that Ghost Adventures takes too much time at the beginning of the show running around town instead of showing the actual investigations. i know they have to tell where they are and some history but 20 minutes is alittle long.
I like Ghost Hunters. I agree that they play too much music during the investigations.. if they want to play some at certain parts thats fine but.. oh well. thats my opinion.
I also like Ghost Hunters International.. I agree that they need to do something to put alittle spark in the show.. I think the cast is great, i have no problem with any of them. I think that maybe they need a new lead investigator.. i like how they investigate. they dont jump to conclusions and neither does T.A.P.S.
I haven't seen Paranormal State in a year or so but if Ryan is no longer on the show i dont think i could watch it again.. that is my worthless opinion lol.. take from it what you will ;)
Last edit: 08 Apr 2012 02:03 by ShadowWolf. Reason: wasn't finished.. hit submit too soon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2012 21:58 #12 by iburyem
I agree with you, while their group dynamics do add a human appeal to the shows, personal issues should be kept at that, leave the soap opera fights out of it.

There are definitely different dynamics to all the groups in their investigating styles on t.v. what works for one, does not work for the other. If they were all the same, there would probably only be 1 show on, as it would be repetitive.

I have actually learned things, that I would not of thought of by watching the shows, but honestly most of my positive encounters come from my personal experience, and learning as I go...

More
07 Apr 2012 21:51 #13 by ttiger2004
I think it is time to get back to investigating. Everyone has their own way of investigating. Learn from it.

My bad on the GH changes. I have learned a lot from watching both shows but have developed my own way of doing things. They are what got me into the paranormal and to see the in fighting happening, hurts all of us as investigators. It makes the field look bad.

Using gimmicks also, imo, also make it look bad too. We've worked a long time to be taken serious and now to get to this stage where we have infighting, it doesn't make us look good in the public eye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShadowWolf

More
07 Apr 2012 21:38 #14 by iburyem
I must of missed the squabbles... I know Paul and Scott joke around a lot.

Ghost Hunters has had some changes, the addition of Jason's daughter, and of course Grant leaving for personal reasons, Britt Griffith, and Adam Berry, Amy, Brian Harnois.. so lots of fluctuations. I try to ignore the soap opera part of it, and pay more attention to the actual investigations.

I've actually watched the group since it first aired :D

I believe that investigators should help each other, but people must also realize that investigators styles are very different and if they are working in a public light and broadcasting they do leave themselves open for discussion, and what appeals to one viewer may not to another :D

More
07 Apr 2012 21:25 #15 by crystalcross

ttiger2004 wrote: As investigators, we all need to be working together as a team, not working against each other and infighting doesn't need to be happening.

Tiger! KUDOS!!!!!!!

I agree 100%! Constructive criticism is good. Strive to improve.
But not to tear down. Address the practices, not the people is what I always say.

If there is something that needs changing, address that. And then work towards change. That is honestly what this site is all about.

By the way, I'm the one who asked you to voice your opinion. Balance makes the world go round.

More
07 Apr 2012 21:18 #16 by ttiger2004
I am new to the forum but I saw this topic posted on Twitter and replied a tweet to it. I was asked to put my reply on the forum for you all to see.

I basically stated that The only change that was being made to GH was Grant Wilson was leaving of his own choice. As for GHI, a cast change does need to happen involving a couple of investigators, if the show got renewed. This is just my opinion.

If any of you folks have been on twitter and follow the cast of GHI, you have seen the attacks that have taken place between a few of the cast. Now one of the cast members has decided to bring in someone else into this mess.

As investigators, we all need to be working together as a team, not working against each other and infighting doesn't need to be happening.
If GHI isn't renewed, then maybe it's for the best but if it's renewed then maybe a cast change is in order with better harmony and team work.
Just one investigator's opinion.

More
07 Apr 2012 21:02 #17 by crystalcross
Lets try to keep the thread about opinions and lets not digress into attacks on any groups, or this could go downhill rapidly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iburyem

More
07 Apr 2012 20:54 - 07 Apr 2012 21:07 #18 by iburyem
lol... I agree its a bit much..

in general in the shows though, while I *think* their reactions give you a better sense on what they may be feeling, toning down reactions is a lot more receptive... and not taking away from the event that may be happening.

On Paranormal State, they bring in more of the occupants personal encounters... but I honestly think that some of the people NEED counseling.

I'd like to see maybe other evidence from what other investigator(s)/groups got as well.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2012 21:07 by iburyem. Reason: more proper ;)

More
07 Apr 2012 20:50 #19 by Peek-A-Boo
every other GA you hear an EVP "kill Zac" if the entities are so evil you'd think one would put up or shut up LOL

More
07 Apr 2012 20:45 #20 by Lucas
couldn't agree more with you two... especially Ghost Adventures... It feel's like I'm watching comedy, not real ghost show...

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds

Features