Login

Considering the Paranormal shows on TV

More
10 Apr 2012 03:14 #1 by Malliard
TV shows are startin to fade...one last wave in the fall...then probly the end...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2012 00:21 #2 by iburyem
that show is not bad at all..My mother loves it.

More
08 Apr 2012 22:50 #3 by Peek-A-Boo
The only show I really enjoy is Dead Files
The following user(s) said Thank You: iburyem

More
08 Apr 2012 21:22 #4 by spookydave
The best episodes of Most Haunted were in the first 3 series. After that, things got increasingly desperate and the show was dogged by various issues which meant a swift turnover of mediums, ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous and allegations of staged events, particularly on the live shows. I would however, suggest that if you can, seek out the live show for the Pendle Hill witches investigation. Faked or not, it made bloody brilliant viewing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilaDelia1974

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Apr 2012 19:33 #5 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Considering the Paranormal shows on TV

crystalcross wrote:

ttiger2004 wrote: As investigators, we all need to be working together as a team, not working against each other and infighting doesn't need to be happening.

Tiger! KUDOS!!!!!!!

I agree 100%! Constructive criticism is good. Strive to improve.
But not to tear down. Address the practices, not the people is what I always say.

If there is something that needs changing, address that. And then work towards change. That is honestly what this site is all about.

By the way, I'm the one who asked you to voice your opinion. Balance makes the world go round.

Did I miss anything? Lol. And because we've talked about the particular shows in the past, I'll refrain from naming shows.

Everything has pretty much been said. I do think however that we can learn more of what not to do on these shows than what we should be doing.

As my wife said, the drama could be left out of these shows. For those of you who thrive on the drama or those of you who view this thread that are actually on a show and you think drama sells; my answer to that is it sells to the weak minded, not those of us who need more proof based on an educated investigation.

Case in point, as my wife says, look how long America's Most Wanted with John Walsh aired for how many years? There's little to no drama and John presents the facts. I like that and it clearly shows that it can be done.

I've watched some of these shows where they yell at and act like they engage spirits with a machoesque type of mentality. Ratings, ratings, ratings folks. When I see someone tell a spirit "Quit wasting my time", I know it's for the ratings and the person knows next to nothing.

This field has been tarnished by the shows in America [can't speak outside of U.S., don't know]. The question begs, "Who will come forward and change it, regardless of what the tv powers that be say? The field can either continue to look like an embarassment, or people with a voice can change it.

More
08 Apr 2012 17:26 #6 by LilaDelia1974
Hallo allemaal,

At the moment I look the 3rd season of United Kingdom series Most Haunted. I find it very interesting because there is a medium participates in the program. Find a pity all that cursing and screaming. Also I like to watch GH, GHI and DT. I agree with you. I think the music is not always nice. You can not hear anything happen yourself. That program of Zak, I can not look at it. I get a scary feeling for him and feel nervous. Maybe because I have ADD?? I actually use the programs to see how other people researching the paranormal. I have learned a lot of GH. But what I find fun and interesting of these programs is that I come to places where I will never come. But I also really love history. And I will not lie, but some people of a program I like to watch. As Josh Gates and Dustin Pari! haha '-)

xxx Happy Easter from the Netherlands

More
08 Apr 2012 04:16 #7 by MIKE_EVP
paranormal state ryan got tired of the script he had to follow

More
08 Apr 2012 04:14 #8 by MIKE_EVP
very well stated couldnt agree more crystalcross

More
08 Apr 2012 04:11 #9 by MIKE_EVP
one word comes to mine lets do away with the scripts they have to follow from the producers be much better to watch

More
08 Apr 2012 02:17 #10 by JanetP1507
I have never met Zak but from personal experience with Aaron...he's the one who needs meds & professional help. ADD is the least of his issues. He treated me like complete s*it for months last year & lied to me over and over, then wasn't man enough to face me when they were in Bisbee. The guy you are seeing on the show is NOT the guy I knew, he's playing a character. I only bring this up because when someone lacks integrity in their personal life, it makes me wonder how much integrity they are capable of in their professional lives. Just something to think about :)

Go ahead....flame away! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo, ShadowWolf

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds

Features