Login

Considering the Paranormal shows on TV

More
07 Apr 2012 20:29 - 07 Apr 2012 21:43 #21 by iburyem
I agree with CrystalCross.

Ghost Hunters.. is kind of loosing appeal, that and the cast is changing .. I am not sure its for the best ( I'd be a horrible ghost.. I hate those types of changes! lol )

Ghost Hunters International: Probably isnt getting renewed for another season, so say the cast, they are petitioning SYFY for another season. I actually signed the petition, but hope they figure out their magic formula.

Paranormal State..I am not sure what went wrong

Ghost Adventures: way to theatrical.. if I was investigating with Zak Bagans, I'd probably be too unnerved by his hyper-reactive self to focus on actual investigating.

I'd like to see more of a psychological aspect to the shows, where
(Paranormal State.. more so). Not doctored up with music and sound effects... I think it takes from any reality of what they have or have not discovered.. just my opinion.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2012 21:43 by iburyem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2012 18:35 #22 by crystalcross
Ghost Hunters:

Rather than split the show into 2 sections with 30 minutes dedicated to each investigation, dedicate an entire show to the investigation. Stop sensationalizing. The show started great, but now the dramatic pauses, hyper-sensationalism, and over mix with dramatic music and sounds seriously bites into the credibility of the show. I was a big fan, but now its hard to heard the real EVP's, see the real evidence because its always cutting to commercial with hints of some dramatic event. The reality has been lost in favor or dramatized "Reality TV".

Paranormal State:

Ryan Buell and Chip Coffee made that show. Without them, it was just a very meek representation of its future self. I'm afraid the damage may be too much at this point for the show to make it big again.

Hauntings:

Although I enjoy the show, its almost 100% recreations and recollections. No investigation. So it has its place as a documentary, but not as a real paranormal investigation show. Its like comparing apples to oranges. I would put Hauntings more into the category with a semi-realistic ghost story show. I think this show is good for what it is, and I wouldn't change much.

All in all, and I may be biased here. I think the future of many of these shows (at least the first two) is on the decline. Which is sad, and I think more the fault of network television, and less the fault of the groups themselves. As we move into the future of Television and Video I think you'll see more of a move into the world of selective internet reality in favor of force-fed TV shows. The Hulu and YouTubes of the world will become more organized and take market share from the network stations. I think that's one reason we're right on track here with the Live Investigations. I think the foot is in the right door, and we're pioneering something that will soon become defacto standard.

More
07 Apr 2012 18:23 #23 by Peek-A-Boo
taken from a Tweet from The Ghost Hunting Parablog: Considering the shows Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State, Hauntings, etc.. What would you change, improve, add, or delete to the various ways these TV shows investigate reportedly haunted locations?

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds

Features