Login

Videos

Tales of the Un-True

More
03 Jan 2012 17:03 #11 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I agree. So much of it is drama and filler BS. I will watch sometimes, mostly for a good chuckle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 16:21 #12 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Tales of the Un-True
I posted a tread titled
"Ghost Hunting" is not a Fade or a Gamehttp://www.ghostsnhaunts.com/forum/general-discussions/7962-qghost-huntingq-is-not-a-fade-or-a-game.html
for this very reason. So many people watch these shows and take them as gospel, one show that is 99.9% pure BS is rated the highest in the poll for best paranormal show. Now that’s spooky.
Hopefully these show make people curious enough to search out sites on the web and find ones like this one to answer their questions honestly and without ulterior motives

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Jan 2012 13:50 #13 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Tales of the Un-True

TressesOfNephthys wrote: I recently saw one show where a lady had visited the Lizzie Borden house. As I've said here before, I grew up 3 blocks from that house, and know a lot of the facts behind the case. Everything she stated as fact was based on a skipping rope song. Lizzie didn't give her father 40 whacks. She didn't give her mother 41. She wasn't even her mother, and it wasn't with an ax. In fact, I don't even believe Lizzie did it, but it infuriated me to see this lady, who is being portrayed as some type of expert giving all the wrong facts. And that's one I knew about, I can't even imagine how much this happens to cases you see on those shows.

Agreed Tress. But you and I know that drama sells. Truth is becoming more and more non-existent in the world in which we live. Watch the paranormal shows, most of the time, and what do you see? 99% drama. The commercials of the upcoming episodes ALWAYS show the people jumping and being briefly scared, followed by something like "so and so encounter their scariest investigation ever". Didn't they say that last year? They'll continue with this type of bunk for the money and ratings. IMHO, drama equates to lying.

The funniest and most ridiculous of it all [you mentioned above] is the word "expert". In the paranormal, the idea that there are experts is a delusion; yet, they make money by giving lectures, writing books, etc. In reality, they are experts at the knowledge of nothing. Everything we acquire, whether it be technological or psychically, is acquired by personal experience. I do think we need both as CC has said, but even when we acquire knowledge in this field, it makes no one an expert. Spirits have personalities, meaning each investigation will revolve around the personality of the spiritual occupants and thus be different every time.

More
03 Jan 2012 05:00 #14 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I recently saw one show where a lady had visited the Lizzie Borden house. As I've said here before, I grew up 3 blocks from that house, and know a lot of the facts behind the case. Everything she stated as fact was based on a skipping rope song. Lizzie didn't give her father 40 whacks. She didn't give her mother 41. She wasn't even her mother, and it wasn't with an ax. In fact, I don't even believe Lizzie did it, but it infuriated me to see this lady, who is being portrayed as some type of expert giving all the wrong facts. And that's one I knew about, I can't even imagine how much this happens to cases you see on those shows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe, Peek-A-Boo

More
03 Jan 2012 02:44 #15 by jbbiggs
Replied by jbbiggs on topic Re: Tales of the Un-True
Couldn't have said it better!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross, runawaygypsy

More
03 Jan 2012 02:39 #16 by runawaygypsy
I watch some of those, but more for the viewing of decrepit buildings as ones I would love to explore. I prefer to research the ones that are reported to be haunted historically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Jan 2012 01:33 #17 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Tales of the Un-True

runawaygypsy wrote: I know we've all seen the websites that have posts for local haunts and, for the most part, they are fairly accurate, however, I know that I have noticed a couple that are completely un-true. For example, there are several sites that claim that at a local high school has an apparition of eyes that morph into a winged man. I know this to be not true because this is the high school my husband & I went to and that both of my kids are currently attending and the only paranormal activity I have come into contact with there is the overwhelming sadness and a cold spot at the end of an upstairs hallway (student hung themself from the balcony)and a mist-like form in the drama department's prop room (no longer in use).
So what have you seen that has been un-true?

Without mentioning any names, there was a popular paranormal group on TV which was found to be fraudulent in regards to how they did some things. A friend told me about it and confirmed. I also don't believe a lot of what is on TV because much of the time, not much is filled in the hour and it's more drama than reality in my humble opinion. Drama is usually created by people, not spirits.

More
03 Jan 2012 00:54 #18 by runawaygypsy
I know we've all seen the websites that have posts for local haunts and, for the most part, they are fairly accurate, however, I know that I have noticed a couple that are completely un-true. For example, there are several sites that claim that at a local high school has an apparition of eyes that morph into a winged man. I know this to be not true because this is the high school my husband & I went to and that both of my kids are currently attending and the only paranormal activity I have come into contact with there is the overwhelming sadness and a cold spot at the end of an upstairs hallway (student hung themself from the balcony)and a mist-like form in the drama department's prop room (no longer in use).
So what have you seen that has been un-true?
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelofmusic911

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds

Features