Login

Videos

Tales of the Un-True

More
03 Jan 2012 23:38 #1 by amoonwolfe
Replied by amoonwolfe on topic Re: Tales of the Un-True
I believe the "weapon" was referred to as a "hand-ax" among other names and now would be considered a hatchet? May I also assume you have spent a significant amount of time perusing the collection at the Fall River Historical Society? It was one of my favorite places growing up and I recommend it for a severe dose of FACT to all who are interested in Lizzie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 23:23 #2 by kirlybab
Replied by kirlybab on topic Re: Tales of the Un-True
lot of you are commenting on the TV shows and their inaccuracies and "additions"...

JMHO: TV is just that, TV. That is why I count more personal experiences than anything else.

If you listen to a lot of the guests on some of the shows who are skeptics, they say that nothing will convince them without personally experiencing something themselves. I say Bravo to them.

I do not expect anything from anyone as far as believing in my abilities or believing in anything at all. The greatest gift The Powers That Be has given us is our freedom of will. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, beliefs and views. That is what makes us.. well.. humans.

The only thing I ask from anyone is to treat my beliefs in the same manner.

More
03 Jan 2012 20:14 #3 by b0neZ
Replied by b0neZ on topic Re: Tales of the Un-True
Instead of Calico may I suggest Virginia City, Nevada? It's got a proven track record, historical background, eyewitnesses, and you're more likely to get results your first run.

More
03 Jan 2012 20:02 #4 by zeptember
Replied by zeptember on topic Re: Tales of the Un-True
Yes I wonder myself about the show's on TV about the ghost investigations and helping the owners or dead, I like to watch the show's but not take them serious because they add actors to there show not sure if it is for ratings or fun, but it sucks when they do that, how can an actor know how to spot a ghost *act* or do they just want ratings selling there stuff,,I just hope u investigators here don't go public tv it would suck..then I wouldn't know if your real or not, I would like to go on a hunt one day, as soon as I find a job , I want to head to the place up here in the desert a mining town i think near Mojave? I have to look into that one oh I think it is Calico...Has anyone seen a UFO? I still need to see one of them floating around, I loved the 4th kind but wonder if they are real stories? so interesting...I would like to know what is the best recorder to invest in buying? I love antique stores myself and always get stuff but so far nothing..*my fingers are crossed* will go to the cemetery soon as I can where my ma is and take pics now that I got my battery..:) and will share them in time..

More
03 Jan 2012 19:57 #5 by runawaygypsy

TressesOfNephthys wrote: I also remember the days when I'd watch Unsolved Mysteries hoping for the rare occasion they did a ghost or alien story and staying up late at night to watch Sightings. I like that there is more about this subject on TV but don't appreciate the soap opera aspect at all. I'll stick to my Days of Our Lives for that, thanks!

I used to wait for those as well... nobody could narrate a good haunting story better than Robert Stack RIP. I tend to find the shows with the first-hand accounts more believable than the ghost hunters on TV, however, they are great for a laugh.

I find that, most of the time, what draws me to watch these shows are the more historical aspects of them.

Speaking of which, I was just reading an article about a documentary being released about Amityville that focuses on the true-crime aspects more than on the fantastic haunting aspects (which I find too outrageous to be fully true...) I may have to watch it.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Jan 2012 18:18 - 03 Jan 2012 18:56 #6 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Tales of the Un-True

TressesOfNephthys wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote: I agree. So much of it is drama and filler BS. I will watch sometimes, mostly for a good chuckle.

True to be sure Tress. I will ask you a question regarding these paranormal soap operas: if you take away the emotion and the hype, what are you left with?

The hope that they will actually help these "ghosts" who were once people just like us, and not leave them there but then I usually have a big let down.

I've never seen them help any spirit. I have watched what is probably considered the most popular show when one of them asked a spirit, "Do you need help?". They got a yes and what did they do about it? NOTHING. For the record, I don't want to hear, nor will I answer any of the supporters of these paranormal soap operas if you tell me that I don't know if they helped those spirits if they [the spirits] asked for help. If it isn't on the broadcast, it didn't happen as far as I'm concerned. If, on the other hand, I truly see them helping people; I'll get on board and even buy a t-shirt. Lol.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 18:56 by Steven Matrix.

More
03 Jan 2012 18:08 #7 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Steven Matrix wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote: I agree. So much of it is drama and filler BS. I will watch sometimes, mostly for a good chuckle.

True to be sure Tress. I will ask you a question regarding these paranormal soap operas: if you take away the emotion and the hype, what are you left with?

The hope that they will actually help these "ghosts" who were once people just like us, and not leave them there but then I usually have a big let down.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Jan 2012 17:46 #8 by Steven Matrix

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Jan 2012 17:41 #9 by Steven Matrix

Eclecticdealer wrote: I posted a tread titled
"Ghost Hunting" is not a Fade or a Gamehttp://www.ghostsnhaunts.com/forum/general-discussions/7962-qghost-huntingq-is-not-a-fade-or-a-game.html
for this very reason. So many people watch these shows and take them as gospel, one show that is 99.9% pure BS is rated the highest in the poll for best paranormal show. Now that’s spooky.
Hopefully these show make people curious enough to search out sites on the web and find ones like this one to answer their questions honestly and without ulterior motives

Well said Eclectic. These shows will always attract the emotionally driven adrenaline junkies; that is their purpose. The shows' supporters will of course argue with that statement, but we have to look at what is real and what isn't. How a show makes someone feel is not reality. The truth that they actually tell [nearly non-existent] is reality. There are a few out there who will be trying to change that. Those with the right intent in the field who want to really educate others will be the ones who get the greatest results. People will not ever hear of many if not most of those honest folks, but it won't matter. Those people are not in the field for popularity purposes anyway.

More
03 Jan 2012 17:06 #10 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I also remember the days when I'd watch Unsolved Mysteries hoping for the rare occasion they did a ghost or alien story and staying up late at night to watch Sightings. I like that there is more about this subject on TV but don't appreciate the soap opera aspect at all. I'll stick to my Days of Our Lives for that, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds

Features