Videos

Antiquing & Spirits

More
17 Dec 2011 03:24 #11 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Antiquing
I'm curious, is this the place?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2011 03:21 #12 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Antiquing
kills me when I find something that I really want and the feeling I get is PUT IT BACK NOW and I do :)

More
17 Dec 2011 03:16 #13 by zeptember
Replied by zeptember on topic Re: Antiquing
that is interesting, I have never had that happen to me, I love antiquing as well, I can't pick up stuff like that, from items, I so have to go back to find cool antiques.. the only thing that happens to me if I buy something and bring it home, then if it has a owner it comes to, but the good thing is they don't last around me so that is a good thins..:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

More
17 Dec 2011 03:10 - 17 Dec 2011 18:07 #14 by Peek-A-Boo
Being a collector of antiques I love going to auctions and thrift shops.
My husband and I went to a new one years ago in Willowbrook, Staten Island, NY. Worst experience to date.
As I walked through the door I felt clammy and the more we went through the rooms the stranger I felt. I knew it wasn’t the items, it was the building.
The manager after talking to me knew I had knowledge about old pieces and asked if I would like to see pieces not yet priced, I jumped at the chance.
We went downstairs and all hell broke loose. It was like a veil of sadness covered me, then the sounds of children crying, moaning, and making odd noises.
Last thing were fleeting shadows before I ran upstairs and out the door.
The manager ran after me and asked if I was OK because he said the color left my face, then after telling him my experience he tells to look at the brickwork on top of the building, it said “Morgue”. Come to find out it was used to experiment on children and other horrific acts.

I have experienced many reacts when touching items at various shops & auctions but never what I experienced in Willowbrook and hope I never do again.
Anyone else have this happen to them?
Last edit: 17 Dec 2011 18:07 by Peek-A-Boo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds

Features