Login

Videos

The Living Can Be a Real Drain Too!

More
09 Jan 2012 21:08 #11 by Tresses Of Nephthys
To me it doesn't really fit the definition of psychic vampire imho. A psychic vampire is someone that no matter what you do, they are always dumping their own negative garbage on you. In your case, I see the opposite. Because of your empath abilities, you are able to take their pain and negative feelings onto yourself. Look up some chakra exercises and when you get a quiet place practice them. Seems like you have some blockages that need to be cleared, and this will help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2012 20:59 #12 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: The Living Can Be a Real Drain Too!

HauntedSomerset wrote: That's a good explanation. It seems weird to me that it is through touch. I worked in mental health for a long time and never got this type of feeling after just talking to a client. I have only been doing this since last fall and it seems the more strangers that I treat, the worse it gets. It has even been causing me migraines lately and I have never been prone to migraines. I was off for three weeks at Christmas and I mostly slept, sometimes 16 hours a day.

How do you suggest that I protect myself?

I can tell you what I have personally experienced, which is similar to your dilemma. I say this first because my family and I have and are learning about different things via "personal experience". We don't believe everything that we read and we don't go along with "ritual" means of dealing with negative things.

Now, for what I have experienced that I hope can help you; my wife and I have very stressful jobs as well. I was going through several weeks of negativity that I couldn't shake. Nothing worked. I woke up to it every day. My wife and I went to an event and she bought me a Tibetan quartz crystal pendant. I've read books on what different crystals can do; but I won't believe someone unless I feel it for myself and you have to account for the "placebo effect" as well. I can tell you that within 24 hours of having the crystal, the negativity began leaving. My surrounding conditions didn't change, but my stress level did.

I did some research on this crystal and found that it takes on negative energy.

The metaphysical/new age community has their own kind of doctrine/belief system and as such there are misconceptions found within it. I say this because people can be hurt if they don't research and use personal experience and that voice within to guide them. But this crystal benefitted me tremendously. I gave a friend one of these crystals and it helped him with a physical ailment.

I hope this helps and we wish you the best.

More
09 Jan 2012 20:31 #13 by HauntedSomerset
That's a good explanation. It seems weird to me that it is through touch. I worked in mental health for a long time and never got this type of feeling after just talking to a client. I have only been doing this since last fall and it seems the more strangers that I treat, the worse it gets. It has even been causing me migraines lately and I have never been prone to migraines. I was off for three weeks at Christmas and I mostly slept, sometimes 16 hours a day.

How do you suggest that I protect myself?

• norman glasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2012 20:17 #14 by norman glasser
Replied by norman glasser on topic Re: The Living Can Be a Real Drain Too!
They are called Psychic Vampires most of them don't know what they are doing there are ways to protect yourself. they take your life energy that you rejuvinate each day.

More
09 Jan 2012 19:46 #15 by HauntedSomerset
I work as a holistic therapist. I would have never thought that it could be this draining. The people feel fantastic when they leave and I feel like I just ate all of their stress, grief, and sins. I work mostly in aromatherapy, reflexology and Swedish massage. It can be quite a physical workout as well, but lately I just feel so emotionally drained after seeing a client.

Does anyone else take on other people's negative energy through touch?

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Features