Login

Videos

The Living Can Be a Real Drain Too!

More
11 Jan 2012 01:24 #1 by Ghastly Girl
I agree that this does not exactly fit the description of a psychic vampire. However, an interesting point has been brought up regarding chakras. I would highly recommend looking into this further. From my experience, knowing and utilizing them are very helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2012 22:56 #2 by amoonwolfe
I agree wholeheartedly with Tresses of Nephthys. I use what I call "the blink phenomenon," allowing a 3-5 second window to open to get a handle on another individual. That way, I do not allowe myself to become overwhelmed by the Energy Vampires among us.

More
10 Jan 2012 19:59 #3 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Kimberly, thanks for that book suggestion, I will definitely look into it.

More
10 Jan 2012 16:32 #4 by kirlybab
I have mentioned it several times, but I am reading a book called "Practical Protection Magick" by Ellen Dugan. I have found it indespensible as my abilites have grown....

The first ability I noticed in myself is that I am strongly empathic. I take on the emotion and more and more recently the physical pain of those close to me....

Reading this book and using its techniques has helped me a great deal. It also has good information on such things as psychic vampires and other things that can drain your energy....

Good cleansing after work like you do is essential.

My new email that I just set up is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I am giving it out only as a personal email for those who seem to need my help in various areas. I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but I have done a lot of research into metaphysical and psychological things. please email me so that I can give you some simple cleansing techniques that I have used myself and find to be very helpful.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tresses Of Nephthys

More
10 Jan 2012 02:18 #5 by crystalcross
What it sounds like to me that I'm hearing here is that the important aspect of all the conversations is to get into a good place in your own life. Whether that is through chakra manipulation, crystals, faith, or the power of love through your family. Whatever means works best for you and your belief system, what is important is that you remove the bad, and focus on the good and the light. That's always the best way to bring yourself into a positive place, and ward off anything that would take that away from you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe

• norman glasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2012 23:41 #6 by norman glasser
Replied by norman glasser on topic Re: The Living Can Be a Real Drain Too!
I have been healer both in the medical and spirital field in the spirital healing I always go with the son of God without remorse funny you spoke of migraines that seems to be my calling for healing, hundreds of conformations, and psychic vampire there are different degrees at one point or another we all have been one. when you are aware that you are doing it and practice it you are in a different frame. Now the crystal if it works for you great myself I have found the greatest power has been my faith How do I stop people from taking my energy I say a prayer asking for them not to take my energy, simple providing that you mean it. I have also worked with the dieing and I praise you for that.

More
09 Jan 2012 21:57 #7 by HauntedSomerset
Steven, I appreciate what you are saying. I actually felt positive about your suggestion as I am just starting to learn about the energies in the body from a scientific standpoint. I am preparing to start a 4 year degree program in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. I have been fascinated by what I have learned so far.

I have always been a skeptical person and believe nothing that I hear and only half of what I see. I am open to try new things and let nature run it's course. Either it will work for me or it won't. Either way, I am interested to give it a try as I have never tried any form of crystals and who knows, maybe that's what I've been needing.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2012 21:47 #8 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: The Living Can Be a Real Drain Too!

HauntedSomerset wrote: Steven - I have never owned a crystal and know nothing about them really, but I will give it a try. I live about 10 miles from Glastonbury and there are tons of shops there that sell them. I've just never bothered going into one of them. I'm always too busy raiding the used book stores.

I don't normally recommend such things. I got out of the metaphysical/new age arena just like I did the church as both have many similarities; the first being that you can't believe everything you read or hear without solid research and study.

With that said, I will recommend that you don't believe me. What? I said, don't believe me. Do some research on the subject as well as follow your intuition and sensativity. You can never go wrong if you do that.

Also, you may read some sites; that while they talk about the Tibetan crystal and its properties, will also say regarding other crystals that they bring things like prosperity. If that were true [and it isn't], we'd all be carrying them and I personally would be needing a belt to carry my 10 pounds of prosperity rocks. Lol.

Your intuition may be telling you that you need something other than what I've mentioned. That is the best for you. Also, ask yourself how you first thought when you saw what I recommended. If it didn't register and still doesn't, it may mean that you aren't supposed to go that route. If it's something that seems right, then go for it.

We're all responsible by how we help and direct others. I for one don't want to direct people in the wrong direction. So test it for yourself and all the best to you.

More
09 Jan 2012 21:28 #9 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Yeah, the Ghost Hunters aren't going to teach you chakra exercises, so don't worry about the lingo. If you don't know what someone here is talking about, just ask. Not a big deal at all, we are all here to learn something. Empath abilities can certainly feel like a curse but they don't have to be. Flushing the negativity out of your body is like one great big sneeze, you'll feel so much better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo, HauntedSomerset

More
09 Jan 2012 21:24 #10 by HauntedSomerset
Steven - I have never owned a crystal and know nothing about them really, but I will give it a try. I live about 10 miles from Glastonbury and there are tons of shops there that sell them. I've just never bothered going into one of them. I'm always too busy raiding the used book stores.

Tresses - I had never heard of a psychic vampire until Norman mentioned it. I have stayed away from anything paranormal other than historical research and my own personal experiences until I joined this site. I have only seen about two episodes of those ghost hunters shows and I'm not up on the lingo. I had to search to see what a ghost box was today. lol

I have almost always seen my empath abilities as a curse. It has caused me to become very reclusive. I love to help people and make them feel better but it seems that I suffer for it. I have actually been taught chankra exercises as part of my aromatherapy course but I have never had any kind of result from it. I will research some more exercises and give it a try.

Thank you for your suggestions!! :kiss:

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Features