Login

Videos

Can you decipher this EVP?

More
07 Sep 2012 02:55 #11 by crystalcross
Well, interesting EVP. The high frequency whistle was very annoying however. So I did some processing on the file. First I did an analysis and found that the annoying tone was at a median frequency of 3100 Hz with a width of about 80 hz +/-.

I then applied a notch filter at 3100hz with a Q value of about 4. This is a fairly narrow notch filter. That almost completely removed that tone from what sounds to be insects leaving everything else.

Then I applied a noise removal to get rid of some of the background and wind noise.

Finally what was left I amplified a few times to really bring out the voice within the recording.

I listed to it a few times and realized that the vocal patterns sound backwards. The way the attack is slow and the fade abrupt is generally a pattern of reverse speech. So I copied a version of the same audio onto the sound track except in reverse and it sounds much more like a voice. To me the reversed version says "I still love you..."

Listen to the file first forward, then backwards in this recording.

File Attachment:

File Name: FthenB.mp3
File Size:90 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2012 02:35 #12 by Moonie
I do hear the inhale/exhale at the end that Lucus is talking about. However the voice at the beginning to me says something else entirely from what he heard. I am hearing 'over there somewhere ' .
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelreality

More
06 Sep 2012 20:52 #13 by steelreality
The cemetery dates back to 1800 and is reported to have been primarily a slave cemetery. Although there are headstones that date all the way up to 2006 where generations of the original families have kept with burial place and tradition.

It is said that there were several hangings performed on the old oak tress that still still stand there today. Legend has it that the individuals that were hanged, were buried in shallow unmarked graves under the hanging trees. Basically they were buried where they fell. You definitely feel their sadness when you are there. I try to put out a sympathetic and consoling energy just to let them know I sincerely care about their struggles.. I always get the feeling of a deep appreciation back....almost to the point of tears.

So, to answer your question, I do not know for sure if there are any people with a German heritage buried there. I would assume that most would speak English with a poor southern American dialect.

More
06 Sep 2012 20:04 #14 by Lucas
well it is very interesting to me.... sounds like it is said 'all night' or something... and I'm hearing breathing trough whole evp... especially at the end (inhale/exhale)... but I have one question: are there maybe some germans buried? cuz that 'all night' phrase truth to be told sounds to me more like german 'oh nein'... that was my first thought actualy...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelreality

More
06 Sep 2012 15:19 - 07 Sep 2012 02:35 #15 by steelreality

I was on personal investigation on Sept. 1st at a local cemetery that dates back to the early 1800's and has had many paranormal reports. I received this EVP while the recorder was sitting on the tailgate of the truck and no one was around. My husband and I were walking the back of the cemetery at the time and the truck was parked at the front entrance.

File Attachment:

File Name: SpHillCem-...ied1.wav
File Size:2,585 KB

Can anyone tell what the voice is saying? I cleaned it up a bit with the Audacity software, but it is still too faint for me to understand the words.

And just to let you know - there are photos of spirit energy from this investigation in an album under my profile. Check them out!

EXPERIENCES:

Since it was late in the evening and no one else was out there, we left the keys in the ignition of the truck so as not to have them fall out of a pocket while walking in the dark. When we got back to the vehicle, the keys were gone. We searched for 15 minutes finally finding them inside a metal camera box in the back seat. This EVP was captured diring that same time frame. VERY ODD!

During one photo op, the camera malfunctioned and would not activate (has never happened before), and my husband looked through the view finder at me and saw a man stepping out from behind a tree directly behind me. He called to me and pointed, but when I turned around the figure was gone. We searched the premesis, but found no one lurking in the dark.
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Sep 2012 02:35 by crystalcross.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds

Features