Login

Videos

Can you decipher this EVP?

More
30 Dec 2012 00:17 #1 by earl
Replied by earl on topic Re: Can you decipher this EVP?
To be honest i listened to it three times and im sure it says (no one loves me) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2012 19:05 #2 by crystalcross
I gave it another go at cleaning it up a bit better. Now remember the first recording cleanup I posted had the same sound twice, once forwards and once backwards. This time I'm posting it only as a forward recording.

The speed or pitch has not been altered from the original. The only cleanup done is noise removal, and running it through an Aural Exciter to try to bring back some of the clarity in the high frequencies during the cleanup.

I'm using Audacity as the base product. The Noise removal works by first isolating the noise component based on frequencies during the quiet parts. Once isolated it then subtracts this from the original while at the same time adding a limiter with an attack function. What that does is that during the quieter times it silences the recording to remove the remaining background. This is because in quiet parts the noise floor is much more noticed. So if removed it makes the entire recording seem cleaner.

Second, the Aural Exciter is a process actually developed first by the hit band "Boston". Its a process by which the high frequency sounds are isolated, and then the upper harmonics (double frequency versions) of those high sounds are added back into the original. This creates a crisper version especially on vocals, and makes it much more understandable by the human brain.

Here's the cleaned recording again Take 2:

File Attachment:

File Name: IWontStop.mp3
File Size:38 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelreality

More
16 Sep 2012 15:40 #3 by normanglasser1
to me sounds like lots of luck. but who knows ?

More
15 Sep 2012 23:30 #4 by julie
Hi not spoken on here before I just like reading all your posts. On this EVP the first one I heard sounded to me like 'someone still love me?' but I can't make out the last.

Thank you for this sight, love reading it :)

More
15 Sep 2012 22:59 #5 by Samantha
I listened to the cleaned up version multiple times and at the beginning it does sound this like 'This stuff won't stop, and the next one sounds like it says 'I still love you.' I can definitely hear an accent there as well, which fits perfect to the tragic history of that place. Very nice, it's amazing how much sound you can really take out of an EVP such as insects or white noise. I'm still trying to master that skill LOL, no such luck yet. Great catch though. I'm still trying to get my fiance to go with me to a place like that, He's a skeptic though. Haha

More
07 Sep 2012 03:35 #6 by crystalcross
I figured it was crickets or some form of insect. I also live in FL (across the state from you) so I know only too well about those pesky noises.

As for the backwards recording. There are many theories about that, one of which being that since spirits have not real sense of time its possible for them to be traveling in reverse. After all remember in a true EVP its not the actual audio we're hearing but the spirits manifesting on the recording device when there was no real sound at the time of recording.

Also a theory that the spirits are manipulating the microphone. And yet another that we're actually recording the audio that was present during recording but at an extremely low level.

I'm not here to really judge which theories are "True" and which are not. But simply to help bring forward the possibilities.

More
07 Sep 2012 03:18 #7 by Moonie
Nice work CC :woohoo:
Definately sounds clearer. With the noise removed and the amplification, it sounds first like 'some move past'
And the reverse sounds like 'stop the truck'

More
07 Sep 2012 03:18 #8 by steelreality

crystalcross wrote: Well, interesting EVP. The high frequency whistle was very annoying however. So I did some processing on the file. First I did an analysis and found that the annoying tone was at a median frequency of 3100 Hz with a width of about 80 hz +/-.

I then applied a notch filter at 3100hz with a Q value of about 4. This is a fairly narrow notch filter. That almost completely removed that tone from what sounds to be insects leaving everything else.

Then I applied a noise removal to get rid of some of the background and wind noise.

Finally what was left I amplified a few times to really bring out the voice within the recording.

I listed to it a few times and realized that the vocal patterns sound backwards. The way the attack is slow and the fade abrupt is generally a pattern of reverse speech. So I copied a version of the same audio onto the sound track except in reverse and it sounds much more like a voice. To me the reversed version says "I still love you..."

Listen to the file first forward, then backwards in this recording.

File Attachment:

File Name: FthenB.mp3
File Size:90 KB

~I was listening to this altered file you prepared and with the pitch change, it makes it sound like "This stuff won't stop" played in forward. The one in reverse does sound similar to "still love you", but it still has that weird 'play a record backwards' sound.

More
07 Sep 2012 03:03 #9 by steelreality
Very interesting, CC. The annoying whistle, by the way, is the sound of crickets. I'm in Florida and being summertime, the crickets get very loud at night. The cemetery is out in the middle of nowhere. Just a long dirt path leading to a few fenced in acres of graveyard, that sadly has been long forgotten for most.

It is very quiet, but with those crickets, the silence can be deafening for EVPs.

Thank you for working on the file. Very interesting indeed. Is it common to have reversed speech in these cases? This would be the first one for me in that manner.

More
07 Sep 2012 02:57 #10 by steelreality
I have listened to this EVP a million times. What I am hearing at the beginning is:

"They don't know when to stop"

OR

"They bought me when we stopped"

Listen again....does any of that sound plausible?

Either of these phrases would sure fit with the attitude of the times that some of thses people passed.

Then I hear the definite inhale and exhale breath at the end.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds

Features