Login

Videos

tv influence on paranormal investigating

More
22 Jan 2012 23:28 #11 by smeghead
I agree with Shenshen. I enjoy seeing the new technology, but I do question some like the Ovilus....I am not sold on that one! Sounds like you are doing just fine without being ruined by the TV shows!
All you need is your feelings, camera, DVR, flashlight, video camera and a compass! Happy hunting :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2012 20:01 #12 by Peek-A-Boo
The only show I enjoy is Dead Files, it has a respectful Medium/Psychic ( Amy Allan) and partnered with a man that believes in proven facts so he researches the life out of what is in question ( Steve Di Schiavi). A Ying & Yang investigation
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shenshen

More
22 Jan 2012 19:43 #13 by Shenshen
A mixed bag for sure. My favorite aspects of tv investigations are when they have psychic analysis because I am always drawn to psychics, and also the new technology being developed for investigating. I am always excited when a new piece of investigatory equipment is unveiled!
The downside I think is the hype involved. Most tv investigators are extremely quick to jump to the "demon" label. Negative energy is fueled by fear. IMO they are trying to increase the likelihood of a negative reaction via hysteria and provocation so that they benefit financially. I also disagree with the exploitation of earthbound spirits (not of a negative nature) without using the proper techniques to help them cross over. We had another discussion on this and see it as them being kept like circus performers or zoo animals. They are consistently contacted but rarely helped.
I understand the motive to investigate scientifically, and agree with it, but I think in most cases tv investigators throw morality and humanity out the window. Which no one should agree with. :kiss:
Love and Light to compassionate investigation!
~*Ashley*~
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaSportsBabe

More
22 Jan 2012 19:23 #14 by DaSportsBabe
I live @ Buffalo Bills Pahaska Teepee (his grave) since 2004. I haven't had cable since 2004. I got started paranormal investigating on my own because of what I have experience while living here. I have learned a lot on my own by doing investigations, reading books and going on ghost hunt events by other paranormal teams. I was wondering since I am not influenced by any paranormal tv shows is that a good thing or am I missing out on learning from watching these tv shows?4

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds

Features