Login

Videos

Mom

• Kimber Chase
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Dec 2011 00:50 #11 by Kimber Chase
Replied by Kimber Chase on topic Re: Mom
From a medical standpoint it's very common for pt.s with end stage dementia to completely lose their short term memory all together and ONLY be able to recall their long term memories which are mainly inclusive of WAY past so seeing and speaking of people from 25 years ago is NOT at all unusual for dementia pts. On the OTHER side of that coin......I've seen pt.s dying at work who speak to relatives that have crossed over and do not have dementia at all..but from trauma. So perhaps a little of both explanations are correct. I love the thought of my ancestors waiting for me in love from the other side.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2011 00:39 #12 by missblueyes1977
Replied by missblueyes1977 on topic Re: Mom
My grandmother did the same thing before she passed. About a couple weeks before she would sit in bed talking to her husband (my grandfather) who had been gone for 25+ years. She also had dementia at the end so I am not sure if it is just part of the dementia or part of the normal passing process. Just wanted to reply and let you know you are not alone :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dancingwater

More
30 Nov 2011 23:42 #13 by dancingwater
Mom was created by dancingwater
Hey all,
As some of you know I have been taking care of my mom for a few years now and very recently she began talking to dead relatives. My dad, her mom, her brother, etc. Now these people have all crossed over so I know they are not ghosts and even though I am a 'sensitive' I don't feel them at all. I am just wondering if this is part of her dementia or if they are visiting her in preparation for her to pass away. I am not afraid or anything like that, just curious if anyone else has had any experience along those lines.
Thanks so much for being here, I know ya'll wont think I'm crazy! (Not much anyway)

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

Features