Login

Videos

Re: An Unexpected Find

More
29 Mar 2011 01:21 #1 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: An Unexpected Find
So good to see one of our first members on! Thanks Irish, and DW too. I fully understand having other responsibilities. I have a day job also. Just glad to see you guys when you have time! And thanks for the comment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2011 01:18 #2 by irisheyes1223
Yes along with paranormal findings you get the parafake. Good job crystalcross on your disecting of the photo. I am glad you were able to do this! Keep it up and yes I am still alive just working a lot and trying to catch up on much needed rest and time with the kiddo! :)

More
29 Mar 2011 01:03 #3 by crystalcross
Just as a bit more diagnostic. I've taken a bit of time to dissect this image a bit. Here is the portion of the original where the "Little Girl" is found. Notice the areas I've highlighted in red and green. I've cropped these areas out.

First I took the bottom part of the "Dress" and blew it up (expanded) it where the pole from the stand was in front of its path. If you notice in this picture, the pattern from the dress goes across the poll. This indicates that the image of the girl was imposed over the image rather than behind the poll where it should be spatially.

And just to verify, I also did the same to an area where the wire from the fence goes across where the girls' image is. You can likewise see part of the pattern from the girl imposing OVER the fence wire which SHOULD in front of the girls image, rather than behind it.

These two inconsistencies almost conclusively prove it was a faked image.
Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2011 01:46 #4 by crystalcross

BlackHartFilms wrote:

or

Josh Harty - YouTube

If you have a moment, please post that as an entry into the Ghost directory. We love to get a complete list of Agencies and Groups.

Also look forward to having you in our Investigators network.

More
28 Mar 2011 01:45 #5 by MidnightAngel
Welcome Josh,

You follow me on Twitter. Yes, you are probably right. I'm a Photoshop Professional and that type of image can be done many ways. Usually a spirit photo isn't that clear and crisp. I would tend to agree with you and say it was a hoax.

More
28 Mar 2011 01:43 #6 by crystalcross
Good evening Josh,

Thank you so much for sharing that. As much as we all like to find the "Holy Grail" so to speak of the paranormal, it means nothing if its not real. So we always value input to help us make our own determinations. Yes, it obviously looks like the same exact image. And thanks for the info about the APP.

Thank you for contributing and happy hunting!

More
28 Mar 2011 01:39 #7 by BlackHartFilms
Hey guys,
I'm Josh from Black Hart Films also @blackhartfilms on Twitter and I said this photo was a fake. If you have an Iphone or Android phone and search for a Ghost app you will find an app that lets you put "ghost" or images in pictures then fade them out so they look like you have caught a picture of a ghost. I had someone try to say their house was haunted and took this picture and because I know about the app it was easy to figure out they were just pranking us. I uploaded the picture they sent. Please don't be fooled by people. We all know how hard it is to find a legit picture of the unexplained. You can check out my group's site for some real material. Thanks and God Bless.

or

Josh Harty - YouTube
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: irisheyes1223

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Mar 2011 01:25 #8 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: An Unexpected Find

crystalcross wrote: Steve I'm saying either way. Which is why I had asked that the individual with the similar image upload it. So we can all make our own determination. After all, this is such a subjective field that each person really needs to make their own determination on the evidence. And the best evidence is always first hand, rather than second hand. Which is why I urge everyone who upload, to please upload image which you have first hand access to.

Well said. I agree. While I'm hoping it is the real deal, I just as much would like to know if it's photoshopped as well.

More
28 Mar 2011 01:15 #9 by crystalcross
Steve I'm saying either way. Which is why I had asked that the individual with the similar image upload it. So we can all make our own determination. After all, this is such a subjective field that each person really needs to make their own determination on the evidence. And the best evidence is always first hand, rather than second hand. Which is why I urge everyone who upload, to please upload image which you have first hand access to.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Mar 2011 01:09 #10 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: An Unexpected Find

crystalcross wrote: Some of our twitter friends indicated that the same image of a girl appeared in several other images. I'm hoping they can upload a few so we can compare. It may be a doctored image, but before I say either way I would like to see the other photos to compare.

That would suck if it was doctored. You'd think that if it made the local news, someone in the TV newsroom would have done their research before it aired.

I guess it comes down to two things; the truth or just getting people to watch to boost the evening ratings. I hope this pic is on the side of truth. I'm sure you'll be able to find out CC.

Time to create page: 1.093 seconds

Features