Login

Videos

Which paranormal tv shows interest you and why?

More
01 May 2011 15:30 #11 by crystalcross
Well, I would have to agree and disagree in parts. I would agree that many of the TV shows do things for ratings, and they definitely edit the videos to make them more dramatics. Ratings and Viewers are what pays the bills. That is the sad fact of life. Once you get to that point where you have massive crews and productions to create a TV show, the cost is exponential and you have to keep it interesting and keep the ratings up. I'm sure they get pressure from all sides, regardless how dedicated they may be.

As for provoking. I would urge caution for anyone attempting that, you may not always know whats on the others side of that "Phone Call". And I would agree with the fact that many spirits are confused and simply "stuck". But on the other hand not all things are, and just as in life there are things out there in the paranormal world which can be evil and have no other intent but to harm or cause harm. Granted they're not as prevalent as some would have us think, but they do exist. I can't speak for all investigators, but I do know that there are quite a few very valid and dedicated investigators who do provoke certain spirits. One reason is that in many cases they are at a location because they've been asked for help. Its very difficult to help until you can get some form of evidence of their existence, evp, photograph, something. In many the entities which are indeed evil or out to harm are not going to be very forthcoming. They're happy just as they are, and do not generally want that to change. Since the window of investigation and help is generally a narrow one, most investigators do not have the time to spend days or weeks for something to show itself, they do sometimes employ that method. Although I think they should reserve that as a last resort, and only in cases where an evil or harmful entity is suspected. More often than not, simple polite communication is all it takes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: justdani, sleepy1md

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sleepy1md
  • sleepy1md's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 15:26 - 01 May 2011 15:27 #12 by sleepy1md
Hello Steve and no offense taken.

Everyone has their own opinion weather we think it's right or wrong. Personally, I only know what I see. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes or in detail of these investigators lives. Maybe they have reasons for doing things the way they do them in conjunction with the rules, contracts ect. If any of them are being fraudulent then shame on them and they will reap what they sew.

In response to the provoking of spirits...in the case of Paranormal State, when they do provoke a spirit yes, there are repercussions sometimes if it is in fact demonic and they know that. I also see that when they have sufficient enough information and decide to go further into a demonic case, they not only contact someone of high religious beliefs for assistance, at the end they do what they can to get rid of the evil presence and bless and cleanse a house, building or property. That is my opinion on what I see on Paranormal State. Other shows use provoking as a method of getting a response. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If they are true professionals, they will take all precautions necessary before they do anything.

Some people don't understand that spirits were once living human beings just like us with a family and a job...a life. On the opposite side of that, the spirit world if you will, the person who has died may not know what's happened to them or based on their life and the decisions that they made is a result of what happened to them and they don't understand. Understanding or even attempting to understand is the key in my opinion. If people don't take the time to obtain information they will develop fears in the long run.

I agree that we should treat spirits with respect and kindness....but sometimes a spirit isn't kind and has no respect for us and should be either left alone or treated accordingly and properly by professionals. (speaking from experience)
Last edit: 01 May 2011 15:27 by sleepy1md.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 14:24 #13 by Steve
Good Morning Folks:
I'm going to answer this topic but at the same time point out that I am not responding the way I am because I wish to offend anyone.

That being said, I'd first like to throw it out there that I was told by a good source that Paranormal State was exposed for some fraudulent activity. If memory serves correctly, it is also on the web. I didn't like them when I first saw them because I watched them provoke some spirits and the men that did it acted like a drama queen.

In my humble opinion, when an investigator [if you want to call them that] provokes the spirits to get a response, they do it for a couple of reasons; 1) ego 2)other methods haven't worked and they must leave with some kind of success, pointing back to #1 3)ratings.

I do not believe that there are many intuitive investigators out there. I've watched GH many times and even seen them provoke in an attempt to get a response. They also provoke just before they cut to commercial; a method that is used to control the viewers to stay tuned. It doesn't matter how many investigations you've been involved in; if one provokes a spirit to get a response, they're not a pure investigator nor are they a professional. It's about the results they get.

Now that these people have become spirits, why in the world would you treat them any differently than you would if they were still in their physical bodies? Respect for them in their present state should be no different. That's why I believe that we have yet to see the complete package with any investigation team that is on TV today. They do not exist. When you provoke a spirit, what makes you think that the Karma will be any different as opposed to provoking them in a physical body?

If the people mentioned really lost their first marriage because of provoking a spirit [that's what they say anyway], it may not be because of a provoked spirit but rather the Karma that goes with it.

Everyone I've seen on this site has a heart for others...let's extend that to those without a physical body. If you get a response from them, be kind. If you don't get a response from them, be kind. The results of your kindness will come.

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 14:04 #14 by sleepy1md
Exactly! They do some crazy things to get the answers they want and their methods are very bold. I don't think I could do it but I appreciate them for doing it.

More
01 May 2011 13:53 #15 by justdani
I think they are all great and unique in their own ways. G.H.I. is one of my favs. because of the places they get to visit. My dream is to travel those same paths and see what i can find.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sleepy1md

More
01 May 2011 13:53 #16 by undertaker1
I like Zak and the team also. They do a great job. I don't appose to trying to get the spirits active by what they do but i also know feom their statements be careful and cautious. They have had evil follow them and destroy parts of their personal lifes. Aaron just lst his wife and marriage because of it and Zak and Nick also said they have had bad experiences. So just be careful when you provoke you might get more than you can handle.

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 13:45 #17 by sleepy1md
I do also. Zac Bagan is a no nonsense and aggressive (in a good way) investigator. He not only searches for answers, he and his team are courageous and ruthless to do what they do...for us. Thanks Ghost Adventures!

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 13:41 #18 by sleepy1md
Oh I agree! The T.A.P.S. team has a very unique way about them. They look for alternative explanations instead of saying "oh yes, this place is haunted." They not only help people but they are truthful with them. I like Paranormal State for the different approach and array of team members who specialize in different aspects of the paranormal world not just ghosts (Elfie is awesome). They also deal more with investigating evil or demonic cases to help people.

More
01 May 2011 13:37 #19 by DementedWarlok
I am big into ghost adventures. I like ghost adventures because they provoke. It seems to yeild better results

More
01 May 2011 13:23 #20 by undertaker1
I watch all of those shows too. But each have a diffrent reason why. My 2 favorites are Paranormal State and Ghost Hunters. Jay and Grant spend more time trying to figure out another answer which is always good to do. Paranormal State helps alot of people even those of us who watch it. The others are great too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FluffyMuffinPoo

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Features