Login

Videos

Which paranormal tv shows interest you and why?

More
01 May 2011 21:36 #1 by crystalcross
Well I'm hoping that as we grow and bring more investigational groups into the site, EXACTLY that will happen. Although TV is great and we all have one, the Internet can be just as powerful if not more powerful a media. Interactive Investigations, True-Life events, and pure-fact research are going to be the future of this. And I hope we can foster more and more towards that goal.

Overhead is much lower, and since many groups already have most of the gear needed, I think it will not be a very distant road to travel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 21:25 #2 by Steve

crystalcross wrote: Well, I would have to agree and disagree in parts. I would agree that many of the TV shows do things for ratings, and they definitely edit the videos to make them more dramatics. Ratings and Viewers are what pays the bills. That is the sad fact of life. Once you get to that point where you have massive crews and productions to create a TV show, the cost is exponential and you have to keep it interesting and keep the ratings up. I'm sure they get pressure from all sides, regardless how dedicated they may be.

More often than not, simple polite communication is all it takes.

Well said CC. You are right about paying the bills and keeping the ratings up.

What if the ratings could be maintained, the bills paid, and the investigators stayed kind at all times? If you think about it, today's shows are largely based on what other people have already done. What if we were to see some pioneers surface in this field that take it in a direction no one has ever seen but gotten better results? You wouldn't need the dramatics because you were showing the reality. Hmm, that's something I'd really like to see.

• sleepy1md
  • sleepy1md's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 20:07 #3 by sleepy1md
LOL! Yes, yes it does! LMAO! Especially when someone does something funny...my response is something like " omg don't do that you idiot LOL."

More
01 May 2011 19:48 #4 by crystalcross

sleepy1md wrote: ...and even some shows I do watch I don't always agree with...

See, thats why we all have voices. So that we can scream at the television set when we don't agree with something. It listens, doesn't it? Don't try to tell me it doesn't! :silly:

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 19:38 #5 by sleepy1md
Thank you suzq2u. I agree with you. There are some shows I don't watch and even some shows I do watch I don't always agree with some of the things they do but ultimately it's reality entertainment and I enjoy it anyway.

More
01 May 2011 19:31 - 01 May 2011 19:41 #6 by suzq2u
I watch many of the mentioned shows as well, and I try to keep in mind that they are just that. TV shows, and whether we like it or not, certain things are done to maintain ratings. That's just the way television works. I don't take anything away from these investigators, they each do what they do and much of it is very informative, often very entertaining. Whether or not it is real is up to the viewer I suppose. I hold a great amount of respect for those who investigate away from the spectrum and help people from their heart and not to make their wallets fat on the pain and confusion of others. That's not to say tv investigation is doing this, but there are those out there who do and I suppose they know who they are and their karma is theirs to deal with. Rock on to those who help heal and thank you to those that entertain us, inform us, and make us wonder. :)
Last edit: 01 May 2011 19:41 by suzq2u.

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 17:57 #7 by sleepy1md
Very true. Zac gets really pissed when he gets cases that involve innocent people getting attacked. Thanks BridgetMarieK!

More
01 May 2011 17:52 #8 by BridgetMarieK
Ghost Adventures is my favorite, and I love Fact or Faked. I love Ghost Adventures because I believe that they get a lot of realistic evidence that can't be argued with. While the provoking does spice up the show, I like the fact that they only do it on the spirits or demons that have hurt people to see if they get a result from that. If they provoked all the time, it would cause chaos.. All the other shows are great too! I love the different equipment everyone uses! However, I'm not entirely sure why some still use EMF detectors. While it can present great unarguable evidence sometimes, at the same time, it sets up for disaster because electrical things could accidentally trigger it. Although, the new recent high tech ones have gotten more specific and advanced so that people can capture legit evidence. But I watch a lot of paranormal tv shows as well. I can't get enough!! (:

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 16:39 #9 by sleepy1md
Hi edrut. I almost forgot about The Haunted! I watch that too. Yes they do and that is what I like most about them I think.

More
01 May 2011 16:35 #10 by Edrut_ScssrHnds
I like to watch them all, even "The Haunted" on Animal Planet. But I prefer Ghost Hunters and Fact or Faked. GH does try to help the people understand what's going on, but both try to exhaust all possible natural/scientific debunking methods before saying it is ghosts.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds

Features