Login

Videos

Ground Zero

More
08 Mar 2012 15:23 #11 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Ground Zero
Between the Twin Towers and the AMEX building was a Promenade with high end stores and restaurants. While the idea was in prospectus by a Canadian company Olympia and York my former partner and I were approached to open a Jewelry store there. I went to the area and the feeling I had was horrific!!!! I had to leave and told my partner I felt that this was sacred ground, felt Native American. Anytime I had to dine at Windows of the World on business, that was in the North Tower, I felt ill.
My connection to that area is personally very strong, Late husband and our daughter both had seats ( floor members) on the NYSE, Tami attended over 30 memorial services and had to stop at that because there were so many more people she knew lost :( My shop was on Broadway a few blocks from the Towers. I still can not bring myself back to the area, one being the fear of what I will feel both mentally and spiritly ( my word for picking up spirits).
I was upset that they put another building up, a felt a park for meditating was what the land needed now.
I also do not want to see the area listed as haunted and NO ghost tours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2012 14:41 #12 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Ground Zero

Steven Matrix wrote: A lot of truth as to what went on could maybe be channeled as well.

True, but anything other than rescue medium work would seem too much like exploitation to me at present. And that's the last thing I would want to do.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2012 14:37 #13 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Ground Zero

crystalcross wrote: Having said all that, I do believe that some good could come of some very defined and grounded mediums directly or remotely doing some rescue missions of the Ground Zero area. In silence, no fan-fare, no publicity, just to quietly help any souls who may not be aware they they're dead get some peace.

Something like that I would be all for, but it would need to be done slowly, quietly, and with absolutely no publicity.

A lot of truth as to what went on could maybe be channeled as well.

More
08 Mar 2012 14:09 #14 by crystalcross
Having said all that, I do believe that some good could come of some very defined and grounded mediums directly or remotely doing some rescue missions of the Ground Zero area. In silence, no fan-fare, no publicity, just to quietly help any souls who may not be aware they they're dead get some peace.

Something like that I would be all for, but it would need to be done slowly, quietly, and with absolutely no publicity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grandmaducky

More
08 Mar 2012 13:33 - 08 Mar 2012 13:41 #15 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: Ground Zero
Maybe in another 300 years I could see it, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Not even in the next 50 or 100 years. Think about how we'd feel if They decided to ghost tours or investigations at Pearl Harbor (they might, I don't know)? 70+ years ago and it would still rub some people raw. Even ghost tours in Salem, MA are a somewhat recent phenomenon and that was in 1692.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2012 13:41 by Tresses Of Nephthys. Reason: clarification

More
08 Mar 2012 13:30 #16 by kitty
Replied by kitty on topic Re: Ground Zero
katrina had a profound effect on the city - spirits now move more freely - ground zero and 9/11 will probably have the same effect on the city

More
08 Mar 2012 13:19 #17 by crystalcross
To me it just seems like something that is way too in the forefront. There is a careful balance when dealing with the paranormal that we must all keep very much in mind. We must always remember that we're not investigating some rock, crystal formation or even a mythical yeti. What we are investigating are individuals who were once living, now possibly still present but passed, and who all have family. We must always be respectful of that, and of the areas and people we investigate.

As such, the aftermath of 9/11 will be with us for many many years to come. The families, and the lives it effected both on this side and passed are still very much a part of everyone's daily lives. Because of this, to go into Ground Zero for an investigation would be careless, disrespectful, and very painful to many people. And as Tresses mentioned, I think it will be that way through all of our lifetimes. Perhaps many years in the future, that will change. But for now, no.

As for hauntings as a result of it. Remember the definition of hauntings and the classes of hauntings. Lets pay particular attention to a residual haunt. Residual haunts are the echo's of events caused by some intense emotion or event which happened, or a series of events which imprints itself onto the surroundings and has lasting effects.

In the context of the definition of a residual haunting, its fairly plain to see that 9/11 is likely one of the single greatest residual hauntings that has effected not ground zero, but rather an entire nation. Anywhere you look in this great nation of ours the imprints and effects of that event are evident. In people, in places. Some of us re-live that event constantly, some only when reminded. But in one way or another that event has imprinted itself on most every single American. So as such I think it already qualifies as the largest residual haunt in the last 50 years, followed only perhaps by the atrocities of WWII.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

More
08 Mar 2012 05:19 - 08 Mar 2012 05:21 #18 by lulabelle76
Replied by lulabelle76 on topic Re: Ground Zero
That makes sense...its still a touchy subject even 10 years later. In that time frame mentioned it becomes less personal and more profitable. Then they can sell it as an historic landmark which could house thousands of spirits waiting to tell their tale & share their haunting experiences. Just my opinion.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2012 05:21 by lulabelle76. Reason: Had to add few words!

More
08 Mar 2012 05:12 #19 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Ground Zero
the question was tweeted by The Ghost Hunting Parablog and this was their follow-up:
"I’ve been on many ghost tours throughout the nation when I travel and I recently took one in NYC.

After the tour I asked the host if he thinks Ground Zero will at one point be a haunted location on the tour. His answer was is that he’s been asked that question a lot of times before. He thinks it won’t happen in this lifetime and probably 100-200 years down the road when 9/11 is “history”."

More
08 Mar 2012 04:46 #20 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: Ground Zero
I think listing it as a haunted spot imho would be very tacky. It is a national symbol of mourning and that image makes me think of a rare time when our country pulled together. Doesn't really belong in the same category. I don't really see people doing haunted tours there. Unlike many other ghosts, who after all were people just like you and me, I think people are very aware that the souls there are someone's family. Again, that's my opinion.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds

Features