Login

Videos

Ground Zero

More
10 Mar 2012 21:40 #1 by terrormom
Replied by terrormom on topic Re: Ground Zero
Ground Zero might be a touchy subject, but questions and stories are already coming out of the Flight 93 Crash Site. Maybe it won't be in our life time, but I can see it being investigated during one of my children's lifetimes especially with Realty TV investigators. I have nothing against them, and do enjoy the shows, but 911 doesn't mean the same to someone who was just a child in 2001 as it does to those who were adults. (without being directly affected)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2012 18:28 #2 by LeslieAValentin
Replied by LeslieAValentin on topic Re: Ground Zero
The Staten Island dump was the initial moving place for all of the debris. And, it had been cleared of everything within a couple years.

When I went in 2009 back to New Jersey for a visit to family, my mother took me up to Mt. Mitchell (between Atlantic Highlands and Highlands), to show me the 9-11 Memorial that had been erected there with the names of people from the area who had perished that day. On each side of the monument there was a part of the beams from the Twin Towers on each side. It was very moving. All of this had been done since my leaving New Jersey in the summer of 2003.

There is a cross at Ground Zero that was erected from the beams of the WTC.

Other beams have been been sent across the country to various communities for memorials; firetrucks in different areas have been mounted with pieces of the beams. The Naval Ship bow - USS New York, was created by melted remains of some of the beams. It was commissioned for active duty in August of 2009.

Yes, I agree that the burial at sea of any and all soil and such that would hold the remains of those fallen that day is appropriate.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe, Peek-A-Boo

More
08 Mar 2012 18:04 #3 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Ground Zero

LeslieAValentin wrote: There was a news report on the other night about the soil that contains the "remains" being improperly handled... The report went on to say that they are now in the process of collecting all of the soil, etc... from Ground Zero, and will be taking it out to sea to give a "burial at sea".

Glad it was reported and that the right thing will be done. Many people do not realize that some families never got to bury their loved ones or found any personal items of theirs. The dirt contains the ashes of the beloved :(

More
08 Mar 2012 17:48 #4 by LeslieAValentin
There was a news report on the other night about the soil that contains the "remains" being improperly handled... The report went on to say that they are now in the process of collecting all of the soil, etc... from Ground Zero, and will be taking it out to sea to give a "burial at sea".

More
08 Mar 2012 17:43 #5 by Peek-A-Boo
the dump in Staten Island has everything removed from the site and I have heard that people working in recovering and sifting, mainly volunteers from FDNY & NYPD, have had experiences there. The area is restricted and thankfully as of now there will be no investigations allowed

More
08 Mar 2012 17:11 #6 by LeslieAValentin
I debated back and forth commenting on this thread... had to struggle with my own feelings on this particular area.

I can't speak for others but I watched 9-11 not only from my television but from my front window of my home that day. I can't even begin to comprehend the thoughts of what went through all their minds as they went through that horrific experience but I know what my emotions were and for those who lived around me. I was still living in New Jersey at the time and I knew eight people that didn't come home to their kids at the end of the day. Their children were in school with mine. And then, to stand with dozens of others, Red Cross and many lay persons at the Atlantic Highlands Marina waiting on ferries trying to get people out who may be injured, etc., before they closed down the city altogether and to never see those ferries come was also very emotional.

It is, in my opinion, an area that should be left alone.

Even now, after several decades have passed since the bombing of Pearl Harbor, it is extremely difficult to get into areas; and this isn't just because it was involving military facilities and installations. It's because it's a sacred area. Ground Zero is no different in regards to how it would be viewed.

I never returned to the city for any reason after that day; but also I do not have the ability to go near the area in general... I'd be terribly ill physically as well as emotionally.

I can't speak for what a century or two passing would bring with investigations of any kind, but I know as for now, in my eyes, people just need to remember, and aside from that, leave the area alone.... mostly out of respect for the dead and their families and friends left behind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

More
08 Mar 2012 16:34 #7 by Peek-A-Boo

norman glasser wrote: I feel the same way toward battle fields whether it is from the Civil War or present no place to exploit .

I feel that homes where murders occurred, and there are surviving family members, shouldn't be exploited as well. It all boils down to respect and honoring IMHO

More
08 Mar 2012 16:20 #8 by Peek-A-Boo
The land in the Wall Street area was where Manhattan Island was bought from The Native Americans or as we know now, stolen from. Being that there are no burial grounds honored there it makes sense they were built upon, not a good thing. The Towers had numerous death during construction, it had been attacked years before 9/11 when terrorists put a bomb in the garage, more deaths. Let the land be at peace now and respectfully honored. As far as sensitives are concerned, it sucked to be there before 9/11 now OMG, no way.

• norman glasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2012 16:14 #9 by norman glasser
Replied by norman glasser on topic Re: Ground Zero
I feel the same way toward battle fields whether it is from the Civil War or present no place to exploit .

More
08 Mar 2012 15:52 #10 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Ground Zero

Peek-A-Boo wrote: I also do not want to see the area listed as haunted and NO ghost tours.

I think your sentiment is mirrored almost unilaterally.

That's why I think the only valid mission would be one of rescue.
And I've heard several mediums now say the same thing that you elude to here. That the amount of energy from that location even at a distance is overwhelming at best.

Most sensitives I've talked to would not even consider taking that on. Which is why I think if its attempted it would be a slow process.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds

Features