Login

Videos

Observation

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Mar 2012 17:37 #11 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Observation

LeslieAValentin wrote: I must start off by saying that it was really nice to see everyone last night. It was the first time to sit in on a live investigation feed via GnH and it was interesting to see an investigation feeding through computers everywhere. My how technology has grown. Kudos to the team!

With that said, I was somewhat taken back by some remarks I saw off and on by a viewer last night and I am going to say this and then it will rest.

It does not matter in the general realm of thinking or in life what a person is, isn't or what type of experience someone has or doesn't have. It does not matter whether you are on the job at your place of employment, on the computer at GnH or another site, or sitting with the family. I don't care if you are 5 years old, 15 years old, 25 years old or 80 years old; as age is not an excuse either.

How you present yourself is a reflection of who you are. It doesn't matter if you are a member here because you are curious or have questions or if you have joined here because you have experience in the field of paranormal (and I don't care what or how you refer to yourself as or how much experience). What it boils down to is etiquette or in laymen terms - using the manners the good Lord gave you sense to use.

If there is something or someone you have a problem with, if it is not nice, or appropriate, keep it to yourself. This is a public forum. This is a place to discuss, learn, grow, give assistance, etc in the areas of paranormal. And... if you cannot find a way to do this without making crude or inappropriate comments, short "cough cough" statements or otherwise; then perhaps you need to step away for a while until you can find some composure and rejoin.

And as Steve shared in a previous post - it applies to this as well and I'll repeat what his post said here...

YOUR BELIEFS DON'T MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON, YOUR BEHAVIOR DOES.

I wish everyone a nice day!

Les, isn't that a neat quote? For me, such a profound statement in 11 words.

I wasn't at the investigation last night, so I can't comment on any remarks. But what I can and have said before is that there is no such thing as a paranormal expert. If someone is passionate [as CC says] about their beliefs, it doesn't add one shred of credibility to their opinion. It is still only that, an opinion.

Each of us has a different journey and what becomes reality for us may be different from everyone else. Either way, it doesn't make us an expert. We only have a piece of a bigger puzzle; that if shared were the other collective puzzle pieces, can really turn into something special.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2012 17:32 #12 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Observation
Hmm, sounds like things headed slightly in s southern direction after I left.

You're right, although we value freedom of speech very much on this site. We also value good old common sense and politeness. You don't have to be politically correct, just courteous. :) And you don't have to have to change your views, just recognize that they may not be the only ones that exist.

Not knowing what happened I can't really speak on particulars (cause as I said before, I'm not psychic or a sensitive) but I do know that sometimes the tone or mood of discussions can be effected by surrounding spirits.

I picked the wrong night to have to get up early I guess! :D

More
04 Mar 2012 17:29 #13 by grandmaducky
Replied by grandmaducky on topic Re: Observation
must have been after i left but thank for reminder on maners people have forgoten how to use them some need to be taught and people sometime do not mean what others think they mean

More
04 Mar 2012 17:22 #14 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: Observation
Hmm I wasn't on either. Frankly, I forgot all about a second night lol. Seems like I missed a "spirited" discussion.

More
04 Mar 2012 17:08 #15 by BHPI Josh
Replied by BHPI Josh on topic Re: Observation
Leslie-It's nice to see someone stepping up and saying something that was needed. Kudos to you. I didn't view the Live Investigation, but it obviously had some issues. It's probably a good thing I wasn't there, I can get pretty mouthy if someone gets out of line! Anyways, thanks for saying something!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeslieAValentin

More
04 Mar 2012 16:57 #16 by LeslieAValentin
Observation was created by LeslieAValentin
I must start off by saying that it was really nice to see everyone last night. It was the first time to sit in on a live investigation feed via GnH and it was interesting to see an investigation feeding through computers everywhere. My how technology has grown. Kudos to the team!

With that said, I was somewhat taken back by some remarks I saw off and on by a viewer last night and I am going to say this and then it will rest.

It does not matter in the general realm of thinking or in life what a person is, isn't or what type of experience someone has or doesn't have. It does not matter whether you are on the job at your place of employment, on the computer at GnH or another site, or sitting with the family. I don't care if you are 5 years old, 15 years old, 25 years old or 80 years old; as age is not an excuse either.

How you present yourself is a reflection of who you are. It doesn't matter if you are a member here because you are curious or have questions or if you have joined here because you have experience in the field of paranormal (and I don't care what or how you refer to yourself as or how much experience). What it boils down to is etiquette or in laymen terms - using the manners the good Lord gave you sense to use.

If there is something or someone you have a problem with, if it is not nice, or appropriate, keep it to yourself. This is a public forum. This is a place to discuss, learn, grow, give assistance, etc in the areas of paranormal. And... if you cannot find a way to do this without making crude or inappropriate comments, short "cough cough" statements or otherwise; then perhaps you need to step away for a while until you can find some composure and rejoin.

And as Steve shared in a previous post - it applies to this as well and I'll repeat what his post said here...

YOUR BELIEFS DON'T MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON, YOUR BEHAVIOR DOES.

I wish everyone a nice day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds

Features