Login

Videos

catholic spirits

More
07 Jul 2011 07:27 #11 by jlange2132
Replied by jlange2132 on topic Re: catholic spirits
I was also catholic, but it seems that they change their standards I guess for a lack of better words to fit society... i know that is why I was torn, the bible is really nothing like it was when I was growing up. For instance when I was in school a catholic school the bible was " the word of God" now my kids are in school and I choose catholic bc there is not like a wicca school, and they say oh now the bible is just stories ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2011 04:18 #12 by Chris1GCPI
Replied by Chris1GCPI on topic Re: catholic spirits
I think I got confused from the subject topic from the start. In the Catholic religion the belief is that the body is nothing more than a vessel of sorts for the soul. The soul leaves the body in death and goes on to one of three places, heaven, purgatory, or hell for the rest of eternity.

I guess what you are inquiring about is confession. This is on of the Sacraments in the Catholic religion.
Here is a link to follow that will explain.

Hopefully this can help answer your question.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Jul 2011 03:40 #13 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: catholic spirits

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Same with me, Steven. I used to be Catholic up to age 15. Just saw too many things that did not make sense to me.

I hear ya Tress. You stay in a box until you ask questions of those things that don't make sense.

More
07 Jul 2011 03:18 #14 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Same with me, Steven. I used to be Catholic up to age 15. Just saw too many things that did not make sense to me.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Jul 2011 03:14 #15 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: catholic spirits

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Catholics believe in sin and that sin can be absolved with a confession to a priest. It is truly up to you if you are at peace with yourself. If saying a few Hail Marys does that for you, ok. Catholics believe that you need to be cleared of sin before death (last rites). Personally, I don't believe that to be true. I believe that if an issue needs to be resolved, it can be resolved from here or there.

The journey to the otherside will be the one time you will be glad your baggage got lost at the gate.

This is nothing against the Catholic religion, just my personal opinion and experience.

I agree. I also think that in order to find the truth, we will have to go through religion at one time or another. I can't prove that of course, but the whole sin doctrine, in my humble opinion, was created to control the masses. I just recently was told by an intuitive that I was a priest in a former life and was involved with a woman [against her family's wishes] who is now my wife. Lol. I'm not in religion now because I don't need to follow to be successful in my journey.

More
07 Jul 2011 00:01 #16 by Tresses Of Nephthys
In addendum: apart from specific religions, if a person dies believing that (for whatever reason) that they are going to hell, this may keep them from crossing over. Dealing with spirits like this can be very tricky.

More
06 Jul 2011 21:57 #17 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Catholics believe in sin and that sin can be absolved with a confession to a priest. It is truly up to you if you are at peace with yourself. If saying a few Hail Marys does that for you, ok. Catholics believe that you need to be cleared of sin before death (last rites). Personally, I don't believe that to be true. I believe that if an issue needs to be resolved, it can be resolved from here or there.

The journey to the otherside will be the one time you will be glad your baggage got lost at the gate.

This is nothing against the Catholic religion, just my personal opinion and experience.

More
06 Jul 2011 21:44 #18 by hometwnbrat
catholic spirits was created by hometwnbrat
ok so when a priest tells u to say a few hail marys so you may be in peace with yourself for doing bad things does that necessarily mean ur spirit will be in peace when u pass or is it made just to appease your morality and ur guilty concious while you are living?

Time to create page: 0.843 seconds

Features