Login

Videos

catholic spirits

• Mark Shadley
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Dec 2011 02:59 #1 by Mark Shadley
Replied by Mark Shadley on topic Re: catholic spirits

crystalcross wrote: Although it was just a movie, and I realize that it was a line in a script rather than from a true archbishop. But I like the line from "Angels and Demons" towards the end, where the then bishop says:

"All religion is flawed, that is because men are flawed. And that includes me as well."

I think the answer lies in that statement. Religion is belief, and not I nor anyone can say if one is right or one is wrong because that's a personal belief and a pure matter of faith and sometimes heritage. But the thing to remember is that the institution consists of man and man kind. And whether you believe they are embodied or imbued with special purpose or abilities they are still men and so are subject to flaws and opinion. Do not fault the belief for the actions of the stewards.

Just my opinion....

Very well said indeed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Dec 2011 01:33 #2 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: catholic spirits

crystalcross wrote: Although it was just a movie, and I realize that it was a line in a script rather than from a true archbishop. But I like the line from "Angels and Demons" towards the end, where the then bishop says:

"All religion is flawed, that is because men are flawed. And that includes me as well."

I think the answer lies in that statement. Religion is belief, and not I nor anyone can say if one is right or one is wrong because that's a personal belief and a pure matter of faith and sometimes heritage. But the thing to remember is that the institution consists of man and man kind. And whether you believe they are embodied or imbued with special purpose or abilities they are still men and so are subject to flaws and opinion. Do not fault the belief for the actions of the stewards.

Just my opinion....

Well said CC. Since we were in the church for nearly two decades, I can say that every religion has it's own opinion, but no religion has its own facts. Total faith in a doctrine, no matter how many people believe it, does not make it fact; so we are all under the same universal laws [if you want to call them that] that dictate that we are here to serve and help others, be truthful, and to learn.

The doctrine that we are all born here as sinners is a religious scare tactic to play follow the leader. We are here to learn. We weren't born to follow [song by Bon Jovi].

More
11 Dec 2011 23:24 #3 by bluecup67
Replied by bluecup67 on topic Re: catholic spirits
I always kind of thought that it's all the same in the end - people believe what they believe, but we're going to the same place.

My grandmother recently turned 100 and her process has begun. It's almost like she waited for 100, and now she's slowly shutting down. One thing that's been going on is she's been seeing nuns. My grandmother is a very devout Catholic - my mother said my grandmother is "hallucinating" nuns, but I think that veil is getting mighty thin and she's seeing people who will meet her later. If she tells us that she sees my grandfather then I'll know it will happen very soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

More
08 Sep 2011 13:17 #4 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: catholic spirits
Although it was just a movie, and I realize that it was a line in a script rather than from a true archbishop. But I like the line from "Angels and Demons" towards the end, where the then bishop says:

Just my opinion....

More
08 Sep 2011 03:22 #5 by shanwvr88
Replied by shanwvr88 on topic Re: catholic spirits
In my opinion, it seems like all the different religions have taken the original bible and put their own spin on it to fit what they believe. By this happening there is much confusion these days as to what is right and what is wrong. Everyone has their beliefs and I do respect that until someone tries to push their religion on me. Personally I believe that if you have sinned then you need to ask God for forgiveness and you also need to forgive yourself to be able to move on from that.

More
07 Sep 2011 20:19 #6 by zeptember
Replied by zeptember on topic Re: catholic spirits
I also agree, I am Roman Catholic and I was taught to believe in in Heven & Hell you don't question God and you respect satan and don't fool with him, I would say I would rather talk with a priest from old villages in Mexico than priest now, when I was born I was born out of wed lock and the priest here didn't want to touch me which upset my parents and pissed them off so my dad had a friend who knew an old priest in Mexico who did bless me and said that the priest here think they are too good and know more, he said they were wrong and if they truly loved God and worship him they would of done it for me, as the prayers I do say my rosary at times and I feel like god and the angels are with me and then when I get off track with god I feel in a dark surrounding, so when I carry my rosary in my purse I feel safe when I leave it I feel scared , but I would have to say it is up to you how you feel about prayers some like it and some don't, I do , I stopped going to church but I do say them here at home and when I visit a church I feel happy, so when I see things move or some one call my name to me I say it is Demon , I was tolled when u die you are gone and the ones that are here with us are demons and they know more about us than we think, I was told not to go to a physic because if they say it is family wanting to talk with you that is demon, but see I also see people and some family member and I can not believe they are demons, so that is were I am so confused, if that is the demons way then then thumbs up to them cause they got me confused..but I would say just do what makes u feel comfortable and safe, god is always with us we are the ones that leave him, hehe..

More
07 Sep 2011 19:48 #7 by steampunksweets
Most Catholic priests nowdays (God help you, pun intended, if you get a young one as they're often very strict) will hit you with a lot more than a few Hail Marys. You can't really be absolved without confessing, not repeating the behavior, repenting, and if at all possible making amends. It's often like "apologize to the person you hurt", etc. Hence abortion and murder being a lot more serious as you can't really make it up to someone you killed, what with their being dead and all. It's not so much whether or not you believe you're absolved as it is if you are genuinely contrite.

I actually think Catholocism makes a great deal more sense if you believe in the paranormal (it's highly rituatlized and a LOT more open to...less dogmatic occurances than most "bible-belt" types of Protestants.) Of course it's also ancient by comparison to anything but Orthodoxy and Judaism and is a lot less likely to think some bad English translation of the Bible ist he literal word of God.

Also good for amateur exrocisms of Ouija boards. Ask me how I know...

More
08 Jul 2011 23:23 #8 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: catholic spirits
I don't believe the soul is at peace from this. I do believe this is a way to clear yourself and to make you feel that all is ok. But we all see things diffrently in the Holy world so can't make that descision for you.

More
08 Jul 2011 00:22 #9 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I will tell you this, and you can choose to take from it what you will, but I have talked a great deal with a friend of mine that passed from suicide by OD. When we die, we are processed. We are given jobs based on what our skills were in life and how evolved our souls are, which depends on how many lives we've led. Some have jobs taking care of children who've crossed; while others take care of the children who are about to start new lives. Matthew (my friend) says he "lands airplanes." Before he died, he was taking flight lessons. If we cross to the otherside before issues have been resolved, then we can choose to resolve them. That means in some way putting right what was put wrong and helping to heal the people we've hurt. Doing so helps to evolve our souls. We are not judged.

More
07 Jul 2011 23:41 #10 by hometwnbrat
Replied by hometwnbrat on topic Re: catholic spirits
so interesting tyvm!! i just wondered about if the actual "saving" did actually save you, if the ending judgement would change for you or not.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds

Features