Login

Videos

Demons, Ghosts or ??

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2012 15:37 #11 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Demons, Ghosts or ??

EmilyHillGhostWriter wrote: Oh! Voila! My pet peeve ~ true concern ~ is the Respect issue for those from another realm.

I Facebook with R OneEagle Feather and we often discuss - and cringe - at the disrespectful yelling that goes on, and asinine question that are posed at Ghost Hunts [as posted on YouTube, for instance].

This behavior is so troubling to me and seems to take place on 'Celebrity Ghost Hunts'. 'The spirit world is not at our beck and call' is my mantra.

I do not adhere to Christian beliefs - and resist the intrusion of leading-the-way with secular cheerleading. The history lesson on King James is illuminating. At this point I believe that Christian leadership's roll in exorcisms and cleansings is an attempt to put their own Pandora back in the box, if the King James historical reference holds.

Ladies, you're talking my language. It's a breath of fresh air to hear people talk about respect. Most, IMHO, treat those in other dimensions as circus acts and they have no business being there in the first place.

Emily, do check out what I said regarding King James. I found it awhile back, whick solidified my belief in th corruption of religion; to which I used to be a part of, but studied myself out of.

Ibury, I agree wholeheartedly your take on "being scared". If you know it's good for you to be in a place, your own intuition will guide you. It's that simple. That's how I approach it as well.

I do know of a paranormal group who are thinking of disbanding because they now have something that follows them. That is a place I don't want to be. I'm not mentioning this to scare anyone, but to remind everyone that none of this should be done for the thrill, but for verification and education.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2012 12:58 #12 by iburyem
Replied by iburyem on topic Re: Demons, Ghosts or ??
I believe if anyone can manipulate, convince,or proclaim these beings/entities it is through belief, no matter what it may be.. its in essence the energy and their personal power of thought alone, that governs what they do and do not experience and what they allow to happen around them.

I think the largest part of protection is ones mental well being, or conscious/unconscious decision of what they allow. Instead of acting and reacting, they need to state clearly what their rules are for contact. While I think it not against the possibility that these spirits may protest or test, if we focus instead of just react, our power for protection is greater.

More
27 Aug 2012 05:31 #13 by EmilyHillGhostWriter
Oh! Voila! My pet peeve ~ true concern ~ is the Respect issue for those from another realm.

I Facebook with R OneEagle Feather and we often discuss - and cringe - at the disrespectful yelling that goes on, and asinine question that are posed at Ghost Hunts [as posted on YouTube, for instance].

This behavior is so troubling to me and seems to take place on 'Celebrity Ghost Hunts'. 'The spirit world is not at our beck and call' is my mantra.

I do not adhere to Christian beliefs - and resist the intrusion of leading-the-way with secular cheerleading. The history lesson on King James is illuminating. At this point I believe that Christian leadership's roll in exorcisms and cleansings is an attempt to put their own Pandora back in the box, if the King James historical reference holds.

More
27 Aug 2012 04:04 #14 by iburyem
I can honestly say I agree, that no particular religion would have any reigning power over ghosts.

I speak to a lot of the "top" or more notorious investigators, and a lot of them do these seminars for $$ plain and simple. I suppose a lot of them capitalizes when they have the opportunity.

What bothers me, more so is what is rarely talked about is the respect... yes I said respect of the others not in our realm/dimension. I know a lot of investigators have their own styles. I have to admit.. I will try to provoke at times, but not in a hostile way.

I myself have not been scared while investigating, even with things thrown at me or alone when these things occur. I think that understanding that if they are doing something that you can see, smell hear or feel, it is because they have chosen to get your attention that way, it does not mean it is hostile.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2012 02:22 #15 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Demons, Ghosts or ??

Tresses Of Nephthys wrote: Well I'm not trying to offend anyone but in my very humble opinion there is way too much Christian emphasis on "how to do things" when not all you are going to deal with are Christian. Things certainly DON'T need to be handled strictly by clergy or an investigator, though those people may have more experience then the general lay person. Being a Kemetic (Egyptian) witch I have my own ways, own neteru that I ask for help from. My experience comes from actually living this life as one who's foot is in the grave. Spirits and I have mutual respect. I can say I've never been scared going into a haunted situation. Preparing for death by studying death is the way to go. If you understand you have nothing to be afraid of.

Well said Tress. As a former Christian, I can say without hesitation that no one in the church [this includes priests] or any other religion for that matter, has any power over spirits. Much of casting out devils/exorcism is Christian marketing. Demons are discussed in the new testament, which btw was brought to the world by King James, a catholic. Now we have catholic priests, who for centuries have been recognized as the ones with "the power". Sorry, but I will never believe that a religious figure has any power to do anything. If they do have a gift that others don't, it's not because of the religion as religion is more of a manmade entity than spiritual reality. It's because of the heart to help others.

Iburyem, this is a good discussion and while I think it can be good to listen to the opinions of others, that's all they are. There are no such people that exist as "Paranormal Experts". They will take your money if you attend their lectures of course.

I don't have a particular ritual. I may wear a crystal from time to time; although there's no proof that it will work. No ritual is proven to work quite honestly. Again, everyone has an opinion, but that's a far cry from actual facts. Facts can't really be gathered in spiritual matters. You can only go by what you've experienced. When it comes to the paranormal, I rarely will listen to what others say that I should do in a given situation, relying more on my own intuition and awaremess when I'm there at the time.

Like Tress, I have a respect for those spirits that I will interact with. I wouldn't however be doing anything with spirits had it not been presented to me several years ago, so I don't do it to get a rush and I could walk away from it at any time if I felt like I was supposed to.

More
23 Aug 2012 21:48 #16 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Well I'm not trying to offend anyone but in my very humble opinion there is way too much Christian emphasis on "how to do things" when not all you are going to deal with are Christian. Things certainly DON'T need to be handled strictly by clergy or an investigator, though those people may have more experience then the general lay person. Being a Kemetic (Egyptian) witch I have my own ways, own neteru that I ask for help from. My experience comes from actually living this life as one who's foot is in the grave. Spirits and I have mutual respect. I can say I've never been scared going into a haunted situation. Preparing for death by studying death is the way to go. If you understand you have nothing to be afraid of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

More
23 Aug 2012 05:10 - 23 Aug 2012 05:18 #17 by iburyem
I definitely agree, as it is VERY easy to hide behind a screen and protest your expertise, but where does the accountability come into play, when both their research which could of further come from someone elses internet posting (which is a common theme on some sites, to see closely worded sentences all on the same subjects)

Personally I feel there is little harm on listening to others theories, and possibly learning new ways to look at and deal with situations that may arise, simply watching something on T.V. or on the internet is by no means practical experience. I also believe that the internet, which is full of all sorts of benign and useful information can be used as a catalyst for false information as well.

I know I personally have a form of protection for myself, and the other members of my team each have their own as well... I suppose, but as a unit, I see little in unification at least mentally of a lateral way to protect the team on investigations.

I'm curious as to other teams practices, where they gain their protection and what their theories are.

Personally I have been investigating and studying about the paranormal since I was a teenager, and I have been afforded great luck with being able to investigate in several different countries... I am by no means an expert, nor do I think I will ever be, as every time I think I have a better grasp on one area or another, something happens to spin it all around.

I know true knowledge comes from guided experience, and these lectures can go far more deeper than perhaps a blind statement on a website and I suppose everyone's reality of is subject through their own experiences, convictions and beliefs which molds their reality can be different..

Its nice to speak less of photos, E.V.P.'s and equipment and to talk more about each persons philosophical views of what works for them. :D personally I have avoided to a point on digging further into dealing with demons, with my knowledge I have not run into one yet, so it in essence has not been a necessity.. but per chance I do... I have very limited knowledge in the appropriate practices to deal with such.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2012 05:18 by iburyem.

More
23 Aug 2012 04:17 #18 by EmilyHillGhostWriter
I think it is SO beneficial to attend lectures, and in-person gatherings that are meeting on the topic of demonic possessions and haunts just BECAUSE OF the net.

'Coming out' of one's home, or shell, really separates the wheat from the chaff on topics where less-grounded, less-spiritual individuals can hide behind an impersonal computer screen. The dynamics of an investigation team can be sabotaged on-site by a meanie and no better way to determine on a regional, or national scale if someone is destructive, or spiritually constructive, than in a lecture/or meeting series setting.

And, the more spiritually balanced an investigative community is, the more respect will be paid to one's ancestors, and the less destruction from both sides of the realm will result.

So, yes! Attend, participate, find out who is newly joining 'the scene' and why. It will make YOU stronger, in my opinion. ~ Em~

More
23 Aug 2012 03:58 - 23 Aug 2012 04:01 #19 by iburyem
Demons, Ghosts or ?? was created by iburyem
Demonology, exorcisms, shadow people, shadow person, malevolent spirits and well your "friendly" ghost.

There are several seminars strictly for Paranormal Investigators and Clergy ONLY, they brush over ways to spiritually protect both your self, your team and the clients in which you are investigating for, and how to remove the not so nice of the bunch.

My question for my fellow investigators and novice investigators what sort of preparation or rituals do you practice prior to starting an investigation.

I know for many their personal protection may be private, but as a investigative team in whole, what sort of training, research do you divulge as a group or individual in whole?

Do you investigate any sort of claim, or do you tend to focus on the non-demonic in nature? Do you believe demonic haunting are on the rise, or more on the rare side with the nastier of the ghosts getting mislabeled?

I have been invited to attend a lecture at St. Albans Sanatorium with Father Bob Bailey and Robert Jacobs ( My Ghhost Story and Paranormal State) and do an investigation afterwards with the lot. Do you think that lectures like this are actually beneficial or just a way to get you to shell out money? Especially with the world wide web, I know I have my own personal opinions of this, but I would like to see what others may feel or practices they may use when dealing with potential demons.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2012 04:01 by iburyem.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds

Features