Login

Videos

Demons, Ghosts or ??

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Sep 2012 03:35 #1 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Demons, Ghosts or ??

Tresses Of Nephthys wrote: Here here, CC and Steven. Another problem with blindly slapping labels on things is that it's too easy to assume that they can all be dealt with in the same way, rather than taking the time to figure out what each individual entity needs.

Well said Tress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2012 17:59 #2 by normanglasser1
every human has a Demon hidden inside. Thur free will, we either enhance or depress.If you look for evil you will find it. Today there are more people obsessed then possessed. This fall I will be assisting a person who is called all around the country to help people who are experiencing torment. Do any of us have special powers no just one truth. oddly most of his clients are ghost hunters. Are they truly inflicted by demons ? is it real ? ask them . Maybe the next time you go hunting choose a place where there are no murders, or negativity. This should not be a hobbie. or a trophy hunt . For me this is a compassion Of ones understanging in order to being a better person. Is this a science not at this time so guess what there are no rules.

More
05 Sep 2012 02:44 #3 by iburyem
Replied by iburyem on topic Re: Demons, Ghosts or ??
I strongly agree with the above and Tresses, not every encounter is cookie cutter, nor should every encounter be treated the same.

The are so many dynamics to each and every investigation or encounter. It is most like real life, not every person you deal with you engage in the same manner, nor would certain actions receive the same reaction.

More
04 Sep 2012 17:27 #4 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Here here, CC and Steven. Another problem with blindly slapping labels on things is that it's too easy to assume that they can all be dealt with in the same way, rather than taking the time to figure out what each individual entity needs.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Sep 2012 23:57 #5 by Steven Matrix

crystalcross wrote: Here's my 1.3 cents on the subjects.

Everyone that's heard me rant, already probably is fully aware that I'm not a big fan of labels. And the same holds true in this case. Tossing the label "Demon" onto something conjures up (pardon the pun) a whole host of imagery and stigma. As was mentioned, almost instantly its pushed into an area where certain faiths start to take over. I personally am a Christian, but I also think you let a baker cook bread, and a barber prim beards and hair.

I personally don't believe in Demons in the sens of what we see on TV. Do I believe powerful and negative spirit entities exist, oh most certainly. But I don't think they are the classic "Demon" which we've seen and heard so much about in the last few years. That is not to say though that they do not command just as much caution or precaution, I just don't like tossing the label out there because it can tend to push someone down a path of ignoring avenues which otherwise may prove helpful.

Without getting into an entire theological argument of "I'll see your priest and raise you two pastors", if you look at the texts which are the basis of the concept of theological demons you will almost consistently see attempting to remove such a Demon from a person who does not fully believe, and claim (and not just in word but in life) the power and lifestyle of the theology, the entire practice of casting such a Demon out is futile and in most cases will result in such a demon coming back with a bunch of his buddies and nesting. So, even if you do subscribe to the concept of Demon's, I would urge caution in being too eager to pursue that route.

If you look at how many persons and critters have passed away on this earth since the beginning of time, its no small wonder that there are still some very powerful and primal energies left here in certain places. And if they are not treated as such I personally believe you could potentially open up a world of hurt. We often caution about opening "Doors" or playing with fire. When you do so, you make yourself visible and in some cases even attract attention. Some things you may attract are not bad, but you never know when something not so nice may take a shine to you. So caution and some common sense can go a long way. You would play hopscotch on a cliff blindfolded without someone there to help you point the way and make sure you're not approaching danger. Same holds true when delving into the paranormal.

In my personal opintion (and this is just me) I also think that when we consider what may be out there, we have to also look beyond just our world. Since space and time don't have the same physicalities and restrictions in the spirit world, its not unconceivable that something from another world may not find its away here, attracted by some beacon, energy, or cataclysmic event.

So to wrap this up. Demons -- not so much. Other things which are just as scary, dangerous, or dark -- most certainly.

Just my thoughts, and I'm stick'in to em!

CrysalCross (Rob)
ParaFlunky - extraordinaire

Well said my friend, I couldn't agree more.

We need to have this discussion around the campfire dude. :woohoo:

More
01 Sep 2012 18:26 #6 by crystalcross
Here's my 1.3 cents on the subjects.

Everyone that's heard me rant, already probably is fully aware that I'm not a big fan of labels. And the same holds true in this case. Tossing the label "Demon" onto something conjures up (pardon the pun) a whole host of imagery and stigma. As was mentioned, almost instantly its pushed into an area where certain faiths start to take over. I personally am a Christian, but I also think you let a baker cook bread, and a barber prim beards and hair.

I personally don't believe in Demons in the sens of what we see on TV. Do I believe powerful and negative spirit entities exist, oh most certainly. But I don't think they are the classic "Demon" which we've seen and heard so much about in the last few years. That is not to say though that they do not command just as much caution or precaution, I just don't like tossing the label out there because it can tend to push someone down a path of ignoring avenues which otherwise may prove helpful.

Without getting into an entire theological argument of "I'll see your priest and raise you two pastors", if you look at the texts which are the basis of the concept of theological demons you will almost consistently see attempting to remove such a Demon from a person who does not fully believe, and claim (and not just in word but in life) the power and lifestyle of the theology, the entire practice of casting such a Demon out is futile and in most cases will result in such a demon coming back with a bunch of his buddies and nesting. So, even if you do subscribe to the concept of Demon's, I would urge caution in being too eager to pursue that route.

If you look at how many persons and critters have passed away on this earth since the beginning of time, its no small wonder that there are still some very powerful and primal energies left here in certain places. And if they are not treated as such I personally believe you could potentially open up a world of hurt. We often caution about opening "Doors" or playing with fire. When you do so, you make yourself visible and in some cases even attract attention. Some things you may attract are not bad, but you never know when something not so nice may take a shine to you. So caution and some common sense can go a long way. You would play hopscotch on a cliff blindfolded without someone there to help you point the way and make sure you're not approaching danger. Same holds true when delving into the paranormal.

In my personal opintion (and this is just me) I also think that when we consider what may be out there, we have to also look beyond just our world. Since space and time don't have the same physicalities and restrictions in the spirit world, its not unconceivable that something from another world may not find its away here, attracted by some beacon, energy, or cataclysmic event.

So to wrap this up. Demons -- not so much. Other things which are just as scary, dangerous, or dark -- most certainly.

Just my thoughts, and I'm stick'in to em!

CrysalCross (Rob)
ParaFlunky - extraordinaire
The following user(s) said Thank You: iburyem, packerfanvic

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Sep 2012 00:18 #7 by Steven Matrix
I agree. I personally would like to get together with people of like minds to discuss what we encounter to help educate rather to sensationalize.

Imagine what this field would be like if we had "real" people who are passionate about helping others and aren't looking to get their name in lights. That's the kind of people I wanna hang out with.

Methinks down the road I'd be willing to pay my own expenses to pass info on to others to help.

It's funny though that the human mind takes people less seriously if they don't charge. It's part of the programming I guess that people go through who'd rather pay to follow rather than to get educated for free.

More
31 Aug 2012 21:51 #8 by iburyem
Replied by iburyem on topic Re: Demons, Ghosts or ??
I think its easy to hop onto the bandwagon of paranormal seminars and conferences. While they are not a "bad thing", they are designed to take your money.

I think there is a lot of knowledge out there, and unfortunately all is not unbiased. I just really dislike sensationalism. I understand that these people who are offering these seminars or conferences do give a lot of their time and travel to speak, but I personally dislike when it becomes more of a numbers game, than that of a mission to share you knowledge.

More
27 Aug 2012 17:02 #9 by packerfanvic
While all hauntings may not need a Christian or other religious ousting, Demons once identifief should be dealt with by a person of very strong faith. Not necessarily Catholic. But their faith in God must be very strong.

All hauntings are not Demonic in nature and I would venture to say relatively few. Yes a lot of hauntings are misidentified.

Seminars are good but most only provide one persons view. Always be sure to research the people giving the seminar before deciding to attend. Father Bailey has a sound reputation with Demonologists and will be very inciteful in that area.

While everyone's experiences are different, those with experience usually will give advice for free and to no more than a handful at a time because of skeptics.

When I decide to investigate I go by myself or with the owner/haunted. Once I am able to identify the source of the haunting I can give advice from there.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2012 15:55 #10 by Steven Matrix
Correction: I want to correct my statement that King James was a catholic. He worked with the papacy and I did some up to date looking up to find that neither side appeared to like each other. I saw a copy of a King James Bible where the pope had given his seal of approval for the KJ version. This prompted me to give an opinion without the proper research.

I was wrong there folks and went against my own rule; do research for yourself.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds

Features