Login

Videos

EMF meters

More
02 Nov 2011 22:24 #1 by BHPI Josh
Replied by BHPI Josh on topic Re: EMF meters

amoonwolfe wrote: Imagine being a spirit from the 16th century being bombarded with frightening and unknown equipment. True communication occurs only when we show genuine respect for the spirits we encounter. Dowsing rods were used during their time on Earth and as a result pose no threat-logically, would it not make more sense to make those we seek to engage as comfortable as possible?

I understand this point, but feel a little different. When we investigate, especially myself, I explain equipment. I don't say this EMF detector will sense your presence. I try to explain as much as possible to simplify the equipment. I don't like dowsing rods, too much human reliability. Now, natural EMF detectors do a tremendous job of not picking up on man made electrical. We have tested this and find them to be exceptionally reliable. They are pricey. But, we don't rely on EMF as evidence. Just my $0.02.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2011 19:10 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: EMF meters

Grupo Alpha wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote: I agree, amoonwolf, and that's something I was thinking about a while back. If a spirit is from the 19th century and before, they wouldn't have even heard of a telephone never mind know what to do with any of this equipment. Not to say it doesn't work because there's plenty of evidence to say it does, but I do think there are times where "old school" is the way to go.

I'm not entirely agree with that Tresses, I believe that researchers should have all the means at our disposal and have an open mind to new technologies so as to old techniques, as I said both are effective according to stage of work but we can not rule out any in my humble opinion.

Very true

More
27 Oct 2011 15:46 #3 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: EMF meters

channelpirate wrote: Tried again to upload video in that section but cannot make it work so if i post the link here perhaps someone at G&H can move it.

I was able to find the problem, I did some upgrades on the video section the other day and it reset one of the parameters. It works now, and I've uploaded your video and put it in your name. Thanks! Great video!

More
27 Oct 2011 15:25 #4 by channelpirate
Replied by channelpirate on topic Re: EMF meters
Tried again to upload video in that section but cannot make it work so if i post the link here perhaps someone at G&H can move it. This footage is from a report and the emf, in a 'clean' room i.e. swept before invo is recorded on a dvr spiking and the battery draining. Not been able to reproduce this and cannot explain. Footage then cuts short while later to cctv in the same room, dvr camera battery drains then, after me asking, it comes back on. Cannot explain and cannot reproduce. dvr does have ir remote capability but it's facing the wall so we can discount that. Interestingly we were 'communicating' with a spirit on a ouija board at the time (not my favourite thing but as old school as you can get). Now I might be missing something here with the emf and dvr but I swear nothing was done by the four of us in the room.

More
27 Oct 2011 09:44 #5 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
I will say this, if there ever does come a day when we do get the proof we need
to show that they do exsit it will come from using modern equipment.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Grupo Alpha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2011 23:38 #6 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: EMF meters

TressesOfNephthys wrote: I agree, amoonwolf, and that's something I was thinking about a while back. If a spirit is from the 19th century and before, they wouldn't have even heard of a telephone never mind know what to do with any of this equipment. Not to say it doesn't work because there's plenty of evidence to say it does, but I do think there are times where "old school" is the way to go.

I'm not entirely agree with that Tresses, I believe that researchers should have all the means at our disposal and have an open mind to new technologies so as to old techniques, as I said both are effective according to stage of work but we can not rule out any in my humble opinion.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2011 23:33 #7 by Grupo Alpha

crystalcross wrote:

amoonwolfe wrote: Imagine being a spirit from the 16th century being bombarded with frightening and unknown equipment. True communication occurs only when we show genuine respect for the spirits we encounter.

Some of the most compelling reasons I've heard yet for using dowsing rods. Way to go!

Although I'm still a techno-junkie, you most definitely make a great point.

I think the good thing about all this is to combine both techniques, since both are really useful to any researcher.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2011 23:31 #8 by Grupo Alpha

amoonwolfe wrote: Sorry, I guess I'm just too "old school." EMF meters seem to pick up more pollution from electrical systems, etc during investigations than genuine valid data. Way back when, my Dad used dowsing rods which seemed to ignore electrical pollution and home in on the phenomena he was seeking instead. Granted, more often than not, there was little or no activity happening, but when the rods got active, you knew you were in for a good time! I too, have chosen dowsing rods over the EMF meter as a way of paying homage to Dad's memory, as well as showing respect for the very souls who choose to communicate with us.
Imagine being a spirit from the 16th century being bombarded with frightening and unknown equipment. True communication occurs only when we show genuine respect for the spirits we encounter. Dowsing rods were used during their time on Earth and as a result pose no threat-logically, would it not make more sense to make those we seek to engage as comfortable as possible?

We fully agree with you comment friend. Dowsing is an exciting technology, mysticism and surprising. We sometimes also used the pendulum to try to locate certain types of energy, is very useful for paranormal research. A hug and heartfelt thanks.

More
26 Oct 2011 20:31 #9 by LadyJ2011
Replied by LadyJ2011 on topic Re: EMF meters
I agree...sometimes old school is the way to go but you have to remember that the newest tools are not always the best tools....and sometimes they work wonderfully!
LadyJ

More
26 Oct 2011 20:06 #10 by channelpirate
Replied by channelpirate on topic Re: EMF meters
Can't beat an open mind can you.

Sadly my video footage although wmv will not load and mediafire.com that I use as a host is not listed under the approved sites so maybe that's that.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds

Features