Login

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Asking Other Teams To Join You On A Investigation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Sep 2011 00:28 #11 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Asking Other Teams To Join You On A Investigation.

tyrstag wrote: I'm always OK with suggestions and tips, but too many chefs can make for a very bad experience and lots of bad feelings.

Just how many chefs do you need Pete? I know people can get really hungry when spirit hunting. Lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I agree, when you bring people together, leave the ego at the front door. In the big scheme of this infinite universe, it ain't all that important anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2011 22:19 #12 by Amanda_O

tyrstag wrote:

Amanda_O wrote:

osty wrote:

Amanda_O wrote:

osty wrote:
I do not think there is anything wrong with teams coming together to investigate, there are many positives to it but one team must take the lead and the other team needs to be willing to accept that.

I don't necessarily see it as one team lead and another follow..but no matter if it is a team you are already on or if two teams are coming together you need to have all you plans laid and know what everyone is going to do before you even get there. Otherwise it's a pointless waist of time. truth be told I would be sorely tried if someone asked me to go with them...then had the nerve to try a territorial thing with me. In my mind if you 'got this' then you don't need me. If you don't 'have this' then maybe you want to actually open up a dialogue and talk.
I have been known to leave folks in the dark all alone because of them wanting to run the show and being an idiot about it.

Okay let me reword that. There needs to be one main organizer between the two teams.

I think cooperation amongst each other is vital. I have to go back to my original answer in this thread which basically is this; if you are the one doing the inviting to begin with you may want to see why you're inviting someone to begin with. You won't be the same way with someone if you're needing their help that you will be to invite someone along because they're interested in ghosts or learning something. In instances a person will have to be a definitive lead and in other cases it may better to tell someone what it is you're wanting and let them go their way.

I don't believe it matters WHY you invited another team along. Maybe it was because you needed help to cover a really large location, or maybe it was just one of those, "Do you mind if we tag along?" type things. It's whoever arranged the case that's in charge.

If I invite another team along and they are being disruptive to the case, I'll ask them to leave.

If I'm tagging along with another team, I defer to them. It's their case, it's their rodeo.

It's just common courtesy.

I guess the people I've worked with are different. We meet, get a background on whatever it is we need to know..or maybe give it. Agree to who's doing what, then get to work. We worked in two's where and when we could. Bottom line no one was 'the boss'

More
29 Sep 2011 21:54 #13 by mistressmyra

Amanda_O wrote:

osty wrote:

Amanda_O wrote:

osty wrote:
I do not think there is anything wrong with teams coming together to investigate, there are many positives to it but one team must take the lead and the other team needs to be willing to accept that.

I don't necessarily see it as one team lead and another follow..but no matter if it is a team you are already on or if two teams are coming together you need to have all you plans laid and know what everyone is going to do before you even get there. Otherwise it's a pointless waist of time. truth be told I would be sorely tried if someone asked me to go with them...then had the nerve to try a territorial thing with me. In my mind if you 'got this' then you don't need me. If you don't 'have this' then maybe you want to actually open up a dialogue and talk.
I have been known to leave folks in the dark all alone because of them wanting to run the show and being an idiot about it.

Okay let me reword that. There needs to be one main organizer between the two teams.

I think cooperation amongst each other is vital. I have to go back to my original answer in this thread which basically is this; if you are the one doing the inviting to begin with you may want to see why you're inviting someone to begin with. You won't be the same way with someone if you're needing their help that you will be to invite someone along because they're interested in ghosts or learning something. In instances a person will have to be a definitive lead and in other cases it may better to tell someone what it is you're wanting and let them go their way.

I don't believe it matters WHY you invited another team along. Maybe it was because you needed help to cover a really large location, or maybe it was just one of those, "Do you mind if we tag along?" type things. It's whoever arranged the case that's in charge.

If I invite another team along and they are being disruptive to the case, I'll ask them to leave.

If I'm tagging along with another team, I defer to them. It's their case, it's their rodeo.

It's just common courtesy.

More
29 Sep 2011 21:37 #14 by Amanda_O

osty wrote:

Amanda_O wrote:

osty wrote:

More
29 Sep 2011 21:13 #15 by osty

Amanda_O wrote:

osty wrote:

More
29 Sep 2011 21:07 #16 by Amanda_O

osty wrote:

More
29 Sep 2011 20:59 #17 by osty
I agree. I have been hunting on my own until recently and have been trying to find a team. I went out with a group and the lack of organization really hurt the investigation. Nobody know where anyone else was going and when they were going there. There ended up being so much cross contamination that you could not even tell what was the team and what might be other evidence.

More
29 Sep 2011 20:57 #18 by Amanda_O
well the first thing that would come to mind is what is it you think they can do for you? Is it a large location and you need more people to cover area..or maybe they have some equipment you would like to have used on the investigation..or is it a weird situation where you aren't sure exactly whats going on and want more opinions?

More
29 Sep 2011 20:33 #19 by mistressmyra
I don't mind other teams joining in. As long as it's clear WHO's investigation it is and they don't try to take over.
I'm always OK with suggestions and tips, but too many chefs can make for a very bad experience and lots of bad feelings.

If I tag along with another team, I keep my mouth shut and do what they ask me, and I NEVER contradict what they are saying in public. I make suggestions if they ask me.

More
29 Sep 2011 18:36 #20 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
What Do You Think About Asking Other Teams To Join You On A Particular Investigation?

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Features