Login

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Asking Other Teams To Join You On A Investigation.

More
01 Oct 2011 02:33 #1 by Amanda_O
I don't do them now but I have done private homes as well as historical places. I've gone alone, or asked someone along, or been asked along...we've ha d anywhere from a carload to just two of us. we never had leader/follower scenario. We would talk about whatever may be known about a place what has been reported, by whom if possible... decide what we thought (notice 'we') was the best game plan and then proceed. Sometimes we got stuff..lots of times nothing of note. We did though always manage to do good work and have a good time. For the most part none of us really came from a point of view of needing proof..we were more of a mindset to see what, if anything was going on and what was the most likely cause of it. It was more sleuthing than anything else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2011 02:02 #2 by crystalcross
Amanda,

I agree but I also would have to add that I do understand that there has to be a certain sense of control and order. But these are things that can and should be discussed before the investigation and not while you're investigating and in front of the client.

There has to be a certain order to things during an investigation, not necessarily stoic and non wavering. But a certain starting point so that everyone is on the same page. So in that vein I would have to say there has to be one person in charge DURING the investigation. But I think that there should be some discussions and planning with ALL members from any groups participating before the investigation. So that when you go into the investigation you'll all have a good idea of the goal, of the mans, and of methodology you all wish to follow.

I know its possible to do, and actually quite easy. I've made some great friends on this site with other investigators. Most of which I would be proud to take into an investigation with me. I'm just as comfortable following as I am leading. All things that don't always come easy depending on everyone's personally. But I think if everyone puts a little effort into it, we can all work together.

More
01 Oct 2011 01:35 #3 by Amanda_O

crystalcross wrote: I fully agree Grupo. Uniting efforts can be a wonderful thing. After all that's what this site is all about. Bringing together people of common interest.

But at the same time you must investigate with people you have common grounds with. Does not mean those people can not be new friends from another group. I do not believe there should be such a thing as "rival groups". I think all groups should work together for a common goal.

After all, if someone is in it for the glory and fame, then they're not in it for the right reason.

I agree. I read all of this dominance driven writings and I wonder.... It seems to me there is a control issue going on. Most people aren't going to go for that for very long. Personally I won't deal with someone who asks for my time and then wants to boss me or act as if he or she runs the show. Let's get on a real base here. If you ask anyone to do anything for you or with you then you are asking for their time and effort..maybe even some of their cash..(driving, batteries,lights,whatever else you may want them to bring) and if they do more psychic work then you are asking even more of them. IMO to have an attitude of "I want you to come here, help me do this and understand I am in total control as this is my investigation" is pretty audacious. Besides, to me these things should have an element of fun to them. I add an element to fun at work..you do that to decrees the tension that can be present. If it's all militant then needless to say investigating isn't going to be what is foremost of peoples minds.

More
01 Oct 2011 00:49 #4 by crystalcross
I fully agree Grupo. Uniting efforts can be a wonderful thing. After all that's what this site is all about. Bringing together people of common interest.

But at the same time you must investigate with people you have common grounds with. Does not mean those people can not be new friends from another group. I do not believe there should be such a thing as "rival groups". I think all groups should work together for a common goal.

After all, if someone is in it for the glory and fame, then they're not in it for the right reason.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Sep 2011 23:40 #5 by Grupo Alpha
Sometimes in the course of our investigations we have met with people outside our group (just curious) or with other groups studying the same place and have honestly never had any problems. Moreover, almost always have great results in these cases.

More
30 Sep 2011 05:03 #6 by Chris1GCPI
I've been on both sides of this type of experience. It can be a very good thing to do if you go into it with the right mindset. I guess it's the same reason why I find the show Paranormal Challenge interesting.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Sep 2011 01:16 #7 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Asking Other Teams To Join You On A Investigation.

crystalcross wrote: You name it I've probably been in it. Started out in a 80's long-hair rock band named Forsis. Then went into a punk rock band named Brixton. Was in a band that all we did was Simon and Garfunkle toons. Been in everything except for Rap or Country. And that's just cause I've never had a call to be. I think my favorite was good old fashioned blues. I played keyboard and was lead vocals. But also play drums, bass, and some guitar. I have my own 18 channel recording studio complete with every digital effect you can think of, 8 channel headset amps, monitors, 9 pc digital drum set (Yamaha), multiple keyboard controllers, multiple sound sources, etc.

We need to talk; my shutter finger is starting to tingle.

More
30 Sep 2011 01:15 #8 by crystalcross
You name it I've probably been in it. Started out in a 80's long-hair rock band named Forsis. Then went into a punk rock band named Brixton. Was in a band that all we did was Simon and Garfunkle toons. Been in everything except for Rap or Country. And that's just cause I've never had a call to be. I think my favorite was good old fashioned blues. I played keyboard and was lead vocals. But also play drums, bass, and some guitar. I have my own 18 channel recording studio complete with every digital effect you can think of, 8 channel headset amps, monitors, 9 pc digital drum set (Yamaha), multiple keyboard controllers, multiple sound sources, etc.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Sep 2011 01:04 #9 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Asking Other Teams To Join You On A Investigation.

crystalcross wrote: I think the same thing is true with investigations as is with bands. And I was in bands for many years.
In order for things to flow smoothly and "click", you have to like the people you're with. And you have to respect them. If you can't say that about the people you're going with, perhaps you should not be going with them.

What kind of bands CC? I don't think I told you but we do shoot some concert photography...and love it.

More
30 Sep 2011 01:02 #10 by crystalcross
I think the same thing is true with investigations as is with bands. And I was in bands for many years.
In order for things to flow smoothly and "click", you have to like the people you're with. And you have to respect them. If you can't say that about the people you're going with, perhaps you should not be going with them.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds

Features