Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Afraid of the dark.

More
10 Jul 2011 03:09 #11 by k3lli
Afraid of the dark. was created by k3lli
First off, I just want to say hello to everyone. I'm new to this site, but have gotten a lot from reading through the forum. From what I have seen, there's a great support group of ppl educating and helping others. I suppose that's why I'm posting this, possibly I can find an answer to my problem.
Let me start with a little history. I grew up seeing spirits, which terrified me. As I became a teenager I also developed the ability to feel and experience the emotions of other ppl.Unlike others, to me these are not gifts, but curses. It was in my teens, I learned the" power of the mind". I learned I could block out the spirits, tho to this day they still catch me off guard at times. As far as feeling and sensing things, that was a little harder to do, but could control it better as I got older. In other words I tend to not get too close to ppl, and stay away from overly crowded places if possible. No I'm not a loner and can function in the world, I just keep a guard up at all times and prefer to shop online, lol.
So here's the problem, I'm terrified to sleep in the dark, this is a little embarrassing to admit at my age. I close my eyes to go to sleep and instant panic attack, because I feel as if someone is inches from my face staring me down , or standing to the side of me. I feel that they will grab me or something to that effect. I always feel as if I'm being watched. So i have slept with my TV on since a teen, I do it for the light and the noise. But for the last few weeks, I have to sleep with the TV and bedroom light on. Not sure why, but sometimes the terror I feel gets worse for awhile. I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't feel good to me. I just want it gone, I want to sleep and feel good.
And just in case your wondering, I do still sense other spirits, even have a live in ghost where I work, but they do not bother me, just prefer not to see them unless I give them permission. Any insight anyone can give me, is very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds

Features