Login

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Afraid of the dark.

More
11 Jul 2011 02:38 #1 by crystalcross

k3lli wrote: it will either ease the mind or confirm I'm not crazy ;)

Sometimes the simple act of knowing and identifying something can bring peace in itself. At times the fear of the unknown is bigger than anything else. Its always better to know what you're dealing with, than to simply imagine what it could be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: k3lli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2011 02:15 #2 by k3lli
Replied by k3lli on topic Re: Afraid of the dark.
It is one thing to get video or evp in another persons home and a little scary to catch something in your own home, but I suppose its the only way to see of what your dealing with. I guess theres only two ways to look at it, it will either ease the mind or confirm I'm not crazy ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

More
11 Jul 2011 00:46 #3 by crs0410
Replied by crs0410 on topic Re: Afraid of the dark.
I like your suggestion about capturing EVPs - but kinda scared to find something! :unsure:

More
10 Jul 2011 23:48 #4 by k3lli
Thank you undertaker. For those who see it as a blessing, I totally have respect for that. Maybe as I gain more understanding and find what to do with those abilities, I can then better accept them.

More
10 Jul 2011 23:23 #5 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: Afraid of the dark.
Hello and welcome. Sorry you feel this is a burden truely is great gift to most. As a sensitive and a empath myself it can be frustrating but control is the key. I seen the things Chris had said and they are very good methods, i also use meditation it helps control as well. I use it to keep them away from me at work. Normally i wouldnt care but hard to deal with the public and spirits at the same time. I hope you get control and can sleep. Maybe one day it wont be a burden.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Jul 2011 22:58 #6 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: Afraid of the dark.
You're welcome friend. Good luck. A big hug from Spain je je

More
10 Jul 2011 15:58 #7 by k3lli
Thank you for all the positive energy. I actually slept pretty good last night. I intend on setting up equipment tonight, and will go from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grupo Alpha

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Jul 2011 15:14 #8 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: Afraid of the dark.
K3lli Hello, welcome to the forum. The truth is that I can not add much to what you already have answered Chris, I found a complete response and very successful. I hope that soon you can sleep soundly and sent all my positive energy to do so. Good luck and encourage you friend. A hug from Spain

More
10 Jul 2011 05:10 #9 by k3lli
Thank you for your help. I meditate nightly, so will try your suggestion tonight. I do have digital recorder, camera and emf detector, so I will set those up and try that out too.
Other than the slight anxiety attacks, I dont have the other symptoms, so greatful for that. So again thank you and will let you know how this goes :)

More
10 Jul 2011 04:32 #10 by Chris1GCPI
Replied by Chris1GCPI on topic Re: Afraid of the dark.
First of all...Hello & Welcome!

I'll try to give this a shot from two different perspectives.

As a sensitive; try doing some relaxation exercises while lying in bed and attempting to fall asleep. Use the method of Tai Chi, relax, breathe, feel the earth, do nothing extra. Encircle yourself in a warm white light starting from the top of your head all the way down to your toes. Remind yourself that you are OK & safe and nothing can harm you. As you relax deeper increase the power of the light around you until it begins to actually warms you. Again, remind yourself that you are a powerful human being and nothing can take control of you and you call the shots.

Now, as a paranormal investigator; run a couple of digital recorders and a video camera facing you lying in your bed. Hopefully you have or can get access to this equipment. Also, an EMF detector would help.

Your fears are understandable and valid, but you must do what you can to take control.

One more point, if you continue to have this problem accompanied by night sweats, night terrors, nausea, frequent panic attacks please see your doctor because this could be a sign of a serious condition.

Keep us up to date on how you are doing and what progress you have made.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds

Features