Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Tarot advice??

More
27 Jun 2011 14:07 #11 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: Tarot advice??
Danny once you find a deck (which i am big into my native heritage so guess what deck lol) how do you find the book to go with it. This native american deck is not a set but the one i want for sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2011 13:39 #12 by undertaker1
LOL Tress there are alot. Think i am gonna make my choice today though and hope it is the right one.

More
27 Jun 2011 13:36 #13 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Thanks Danny. Now to pick out a deck. So many to choose from!

More
27 Jun 2011 13:31 #14 by undertaker1
Awsome Danny thanks for that information. I am too interested in learnig to add to other abilities. I do like that it could be better doing them and having a ability too help with it as wel.

More
27 Jun 2011 07:40 #15 by dannykinns
Replied by dannykinns on topic Re: Tarot advice??
Tresses!!! I thought you'd never ask!!! My favorite subject to discuss! As much as I can tell you, to use Tarot is a wonderful journey not for around others but for personal self-discovery! I am glad you asked that!
Now you say you are just about getting ready to get into Tarot? I will tell you some basic things about the divinatory tool. (Will be used for future reference in case.)

"A picture is worth 10,000 words." - Chinese Proverb
Tarot or cartomancy is the ability to foresee or interpret using cards. I am pretty sure there are hundreds of resources as to how the Tarot began and what it is.

Now where to begin? You don't have to be highly sensitive, psychic, or medium (although it does increase the energy of readings) BUT you must harness the ability to meditate, clear the mind, and have an open mind. Tarot isn't about seeing the future all the time, and does not always answer the 'When' or 'Who' questions.

Tarot is about breaking down a card's image that is relating to the topic; IE: past, present, solution, how are you feeling right now, or future. You must interpret or define what the person feels or has done relating to the image of the card. YOU must study the image, what does it shows? How do I feel about the colors or the image showing? Is the image obvious or does it have a MORE deeper meaning to it??? An example would be:

When a person ask a question for a reading: "I have always struggled maintaining a relationship. Will I ever be married?"
Rider-Waite Version of Tarot Deck ->
"Past" is the topic and card reveals "Death" -> "So I have Death revealed to me. Perhaps maybe in the past, your parents relationship 'died' in a way that you grew up having difficulty keeping trust issues or find it hard to love your partner? Maybe a part of you died, resulting a change in personality or tastes." (You would have said that if you experience liek that or you thought maybe that ought to relate to her question.)

That would be an example, Tresses. So for now, I do not want to bore you of tons of info I have learned but Jen [SheWhoKnits] has become more aware of her readings and has done a good job. But I will give the best advice when it comes to Tarot: Every reading from every different Tarot person will ALWAYS have DIFFERENT interpretations. So use your OWN feelings, experiences, emotions, senses, ideas, thoughts when you give your reading because in Tarot, there is NOOOOOOOO right or wrong answer. The Tarot cards are entirely chosen by the universe through the one's mind.

Now to choose a deck, THAT is ENTIRELY up to you. Whatever you are comfortable with, the images, the colors, the themes, or you feel "I think this deck is feeling me or calling me." Don't force yourself to buy a deck you do not feel comfortable with. It takes time to choose a very good and unique deck that you can define your wisdom and experience with. Here is a valuable link that shows ALL the current decks available but I know there are many not mention.
Tarot Main Menu

So there you go Tresses, if you have any questions or need more advice on how to do a first reading, don't hesitate to ask. I am still learning more about the power and significance of the Tarot. I know one whose 72 years old whose been giving Tarot readings since the age of 24. Connect with your deck, it is your energy, your heart and mind, best friend and lover, power and wisdom and the very tool to help you or others discover more into within.

I know I love my deck, its been there for me for two years and still surprises me.

- Danny

More
27 Jun 2011 03:12 #16 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I was thinking about getting into doing Tarot. Any advice on decks or where to begin? Thanks.

Time to create page: 2.159 seconds

Features